A cheeky request?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Reaction score
In a thread a little while back, I remember Geeg saying about having a resurrection of "Science Week" that you used to have on here.

I have read a few threads recently where Geeg herself and Envy who immediately spring to mind have been giving some amazing and valuable knowledge about the Science behind both products and nail structure. I'm sure others can also give their knowledge on this too. I know I would also benefit greatly on their knowledge of health issues and how certain illnesses/medical problems can affect a nail service and why. As well as learning about less common contraindications.

So I was wondering whether something like this could be done, as a tutorial or as a Sticky perhaps, as I am realising that I just don't know nearly enough and I want to know!

I'm going to get Doug Schoons book as well soon and read and learn as much as possible but I would love to know more and as much as I can. I would love to be able to be like Geeg or Envy one day and know my stuff inside out and be able to advise others like they do for us. This I know will takes years and much time but the thirst is there!

This may be a very cheeky request as I know how busy everyone is and we already get so much knowledge on here for free, I just thought I would express that this is something I would be very interested in.

I'm definitely up for learning more about the products we use and the science behind beauty. I don't think colleges go anywhere near into enough detail on things like this. Bring on the learning! :)

I too would LOVE to learn more about contraindications - is this covered in depth in Doug's book?

Sorry to butt in! Great thread - I'd guess some of the real science geeks would enjoy tackling a substantial topic as well? X

Name a topic. We'll answer ;) Allen Aka Envy

Well where to start? So much I and others want to learn!

Could we maybe start with contraindications, ones that maybe aren't the obvious that we all learned about in college, some more unusual ones perhaps and their names and why they contraindicate a service? Unless someone else has a better suggestion? I just want to learn more so I don't mind what we start with :)

fab idea planky , i will be watching this one with interest , :)

Glad it's not just me, lets get learning!! :green:

I'll put my thinking cap on and come back to you. Contraindictions are not universalness different contries have different rules so doug does not refer to them specifically as such.

But ... There are many nail conditions (obscure and unusual) that are a no go (and in some cases horrifying) that should make for interesting discussion...

Would you prefer they are added as new threads with the prefix 'science topic'?

Eg. Science topic: the finger that will fall off if you manicure?

Glad it's not just me, lets get learning!! :green:

In my opinion:
The day you stop learning is the first day you stop getting better at what you do"

I think separate threads is a good idea as when there are afew you can just type science thread into the search bar and go straight to the one you want, instead of scrolling through pages and pages of one thread trying to get to the bit you need :)

In my opinion:
The day you stop learning is the first day you stop getting better at what you do"

Great quote I agree, always new things to learn :) x ps me 4

Me 5! :) I don't think colleges teach you enough!

Fantastic idea Planky - well done :)

I have no prefernce of subject matter - anything will be good!!

I will be # 6 :)
vicki x

#7 me likey

Rhonda :) x

Ah good I'm so pleased you all feel the same as me and that this thread has sparked such interest :)

@ Envy - Yes, separate threads with a Science title would be a great idea and like has been said, it will then be really handy for the search facility too. And I'm already intrigued and excited by your first topic :)

Latest posts

Back