A Few Questions About Hot Wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkBlonde

Reaction score
Hiya, I was wondering if somebody could explain a bit about hot wax to me, as I have never used it before but would like to give it a try. Sooo...

What are the pros/cons of using hot wax?

Is it better than warm wax for some areas?

Also, I never used it in college, so would I have to do a course to use hot wax on clients?

And a final question! I have done basic bikini waxing as part of my NVQ level 2, do I need a seprate waxing course to do brazilian waxing?

xXx

The type of waxes to use are personal prefference. With hard wax there is no strip you lay on the wax to remove it. You just build it on top of its self and pull it. Depending on the brand some if they sit for to long or get to cold it can become brittle and snap. I personally use hard wax for the face, underarms, sectioning of the chest, stomach and back, nostrils, ears, bikini, and brazilians. I only use soft/strip for arms, legs, chests, backs big areas.

The wax does not adhere to the skin like soft wax does but if you dont get your technique down there for the removal process there can be alot of picking witch is most clients complaints. It is not as specfic as soft wax as having to apply the direction the hair grows and removing the opposite. This is why it is perfect for labias you can apply it up and dowm but still get all the hair gone and no breakage.

As far as having to do a full course training I don't think so, but I do think you should attend a class or get a good video you want to work from the bottom up and outside in.

Visit www.evasesthetics.com click on wax then click on the queens royal messaging board it is also a great place for info.

Thank you so much! This has helped loads :)

Hiya, I was wondering if somebody could explain a bit about hot wax to me, as I have never used it before but would like to give it a try. Sooo...

What are the pros/cons of using hot wax? Mainly it is MUCH gentler on the skin, so esp suitable for face, underarm, intimate areas

Is it better than warm wax for some areas? Yes

Also, I never used it in college, so would I have to do a course to use hot wax on clients? You would need to learn how to use it, esp the application process

And a final question! I have done basic bikini waxing as part of my NVQ level 2, do I need a seprate waxing course to do brazilian waxing? Yes definitely

xXx

Have a read of this

http://www.salongeek.com/beauty-tutorials/63145-hard-wax-hints-tips.html

As you are based in the UK there is a few companies offering accredited training for the non-strip wax and also for brazilan waxing to make sure your insurance will cover you afterwards for your treatments.
If you want to pm me your address i can have a look who would be near you?

Thanks everyone!

wowbb I will send you my address :) I hope there is something near me, I always struggle to find courses in my area.

Latest posts

Back