A good foundation for dry skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly-Tara

Reaction score
Hi there just wondering if anyone can help? I have very dry skin on my face, and am yet to find a good moisturising foundation, i always put cream on before i apply foundation, as i have eczema which gets rid of any dry patches, but find the foundations just seem to bring up the dry patches. Please help!!

I too am interested in this one as I have the same problem!

I have dry (and aging!:eek:) skin and suffer from occaisional eczema too and I have started wearing Estee Lauder's Double Wear. Not only do I not look dry by the end of the day but my foundation is still intact too. I think it costs about £22 a bottle, worth every penny!:)

It would also be worth looking at your skincare routine to see if that is fully hydrating your skin.

becki xxx

I to have this problem, i have very dry skin, no matter what i do it doesnt help it. I have a good skin routine and exfoliate also. Every foundation i have tried just does not do me any justice. I apply moisturiser before i put foundation on and sometimes it goes all dry and flaky to start off with, other times its ok for a few hours and by the end of the day it has sunk into my skin and the only bits left are the ones that are stuck to my dry patches so my face looks all patchy. I have thought about trying the new mineral foundation? has anyone else used these?

I have thought about trying the new mineral foundation? has anyone else used these?

I tried minerals and actually found that they made it worse. As far as I know I was applying it correctly but it just wasn't for me.

Hi

A make up range that I think is fantastic for dry skin is the Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals, it contains Aloe Vera, lavender, hyloraunic acid which is fantastic for maintaining hydration (we lose it naturally in our skins as we get older).

Have a look on the website - www.janeiredale.com - you might find it useful.

I use this product (for mature skin!) and I love it, it really makes my skin look luminous and healthy - gee I sound really corny I know but....well I love it and it does!

HTH
:) x

I apsolutly love lancome teint idole ultra.

This lasts hours and hours. I have combination skin, but i get really dry as well, especially arond my forhead and nose. Sounds dafft i no as normall with combination type skin u are very oily in the t zoze, which i am but i get loads of dry patches to.

Any how, my hubby bought me this for new year as so wanted a nice foundation and although cost me 20 pound it is lovely, it goes on nice, last and gives a lovely flawless finish and your skin feels fab. There lipsticks are lovely to. I have tries so many brands in the past, but have so fallen in love with lancome.

If u go to your local boots they will do a make ove for fee, so u can try before u buy, which is always the way fowad me thinks
hth x

Thanks for your replies, i will have a look at all the foundations mentioned by you, and hopefully will find one that will suit my skin :)

i have very dry skin on my face and i use clinique supermoisture make up foundation, not only does it cover well it also makes my skin feel nice and hydrated. I have tried many foundation and this is by far the best. Also it makes my face look radiant and people have commented on my skin while its on. :)

im no make up or skin expert by far but i have the same problem with dry patches etc.. so i use maxfactor flawless skin foundation.it has a base layer to apply first which is fab.before i apply it though i moisturise using hemp face protector from the body shop,its fab.x

I have got the clinique supermoisture foundation, but still does not seem to agree with my skin. Also i need a pale foundation, as have quite pale skin.

I have got the clinique supermoisture foundation, but still does not seem to agree with my skin. Also i need a pale foundation, as have quite pale skin.
i have quite pale skin aswell and mine is called flawless skin by maxfactor in creamy ivory.x

I will have to try that then tracey thanks :)

I use lancome at the moment , using a mineral makeup on dry skin will just make it look even more dry its better for a younger flawless skin type. Try using a primer under your foundation this will even out any uneven patches i use screen face primer its great.

Latest posts

Back