A "Master" In Montreal......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
If you watch his videos: you'll find greenies, and over-exposure, yellowed acrylic, lack of apex's... etc..............

He's a self-proclaimed Master, and it's downright scary living in this province.

This guy is my 'competition' :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek: That has to be the stranges thing I have ever seen:!:

This is exactly what I mean when I say it sucks to live in Quebec... the lack of regluations allows people like this to do whatever they want!! Grrrr, this really ticks me off!!!!

i have watched and found all of that.....eeek!

and he drills the natural nails!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ive never actually seen anyone do that before...and it made me shiver!

you'd think the comments he's getting from the viewers....

*sigh*

You see? QUEBEC sucks as far as this industry goes.

Ok, MMA is everywhere, and so is NSS.....

BUT this is the NORM here....... there are far more NSS than trained techs because of our lack of requirements for certs and/or licensing.

it's INSANE.

In my town alone, I count about 8 NSS that I know of FOR SURE..... and I can probably count on one hand the number of legitamite (sp? having a brain fart) techs INCLUDING myself :rolleyes:

People are SHOCKED when they see the difference between my service and 'his' which is what they expect.

eeks................

This guy is freaking horrible! What a nightmare! There is a master coming to Toronto at the end of March. Rachel Mourtisen, 1997 Pro Cup Champ and Director for Education for INM - she earned her title! This guys a moron! Can you say NSS!

That brush was huge!

Oh please a master at what exactly

i have watched and found all of that.....eeek!

and he drills the natural nails!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ive never actually seen anyone do that before...and it made me shiver!

you'd think the comments he's getting from the viewers....

*sigh*

Sad part is, is that there is NO ONE to tell these ladies that there is a right way and a wrong (very wrong) way to do nails. I find in Quebec... most women just want to look "pretty" - at any expense. Because there is no reg's (again back to the regs... always), and lack of information these women don't know any better.

I'm very new in the business, but even still - it makes my stomach turn seeing this guy work. It really p*sses me off that they can work like this, with no quams about the potential damages and dangers they are submitting their clients to. At the end of the day, they dont CARE about these women... they see $$$$ when they see a client walk in... not a human being.

BUT this is the NORM here....... there are far more NSS than trained techs because of our lack of requirements for certs and/or licensing.

Sad but very very true! (LOL! Hunter, you got me all riled up over this video)

Overexposure for him and his clients - the product he scraped off the end of each nail dropped onto his desk where his hands are resting and he touched soft tissue on every finger with that ginormous brush.......

If that's your competition V you've got nothing to worry about except how to fit in all the clients!!

Last edited:
what a waste of product,im not sure why they use such a big brush as half of it doesnt get used.

jeez !! am just off to borrow hubbys fence painting brush , i have got a full set to do in an hour , lol

no wonder you are stacked out with work hun xxxx

Do you think that's a make up brush? I have never seen such a large brush!

Victoria, chill lady :hug: This man is NOT your competition!

For him to be your competition he would need to offer a service comparable to your own...... which he doesn't!

That is just so weird! I have never seen nails done anything like that! Massive brush, potential overexposure issues, 'Apex' just about falling off zone 1 and all that product being chopped off onto the desk. I just wonder what sort of lifting issues the client will have, too?

Mesmerising spectacle! :eek:

Do you think that's a make up brush? I have never seen such a large brush!

Victoria, chill lady :hug: This man is NOT your competition!

For him to be your competition he would need to offer a service comparable to your own...... which he doesn't!

Thanks luv for the kind compliments :hug: but I wasn't truly worried.
I just wanted you to see what it's like in Quebec....
I HONESTLY don't mind TRAINED competition. Hey, it's healthy for business, right?
BUT idiots like this ruin the industry......

My clients tell me all the time about people they run into who will "never get fake nails again" :rolleyes: because some chop shop ruined them or caused infection. I hear stories like this a few times a week.
I have clients I've had since the very beginning... ummm what is it.. 5ys 'official' now? And never EVER had a soak off/removal. Just rebalance, rebalance, rebalance.....etc.. and not one single one ever had an infection of any sort.

I'm just frustrated. Seeing stuff like that makes me NUTS :grr:
I almost feel like giving him free publicity on my website with a page called "The kind of nail tech you DON'T want":rolleyes:

Ahh well...... we've all been enlightened, or horrified today; depending on how you look at it.
It makes me feel all that much better about all the money I spent on my course... while it's not the best.... it's certainly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the course he certainly DIDN'T take.

:lol:

That is just so weird! I have never seen nails done anything like that! Massive brush, potential overexposure issues, 'Apex' just about falling off zone 1 and all that product being chopped off onto the desk. I just wonder what sort of lifting issues the client will have, too?

Mesmerising spectacle! :eek:

I honestly think he's stealing a page from nailzoo's book (call it complimentary?) with his fanned out brush BUT he's doing it all wrong............

I don't recall ever seeing L&P that runny, like a gel before? Are there any like that? Or is he just working in a hazardous fashion, using waaaaay too much monomer?

I commented on his vid, and this is th response I got from him...

hey asshole, i hope you stay in montreal, i will teach you how to do nails.

OMG! How professional is that? This guy really cannot take criticism at all!! How rude! (But shows his true colors I think... shows just how 'fake' he is).

Last edited:
yes, the asshole shows his true colours.
I got a message back and he cursed me and my mother for being slets. I am stupid and everything haha. He got real mad but yhe only positive comments he gets is from asian people. They also do nails this way. The brush is bought in a beautyshop i guess:eek:

bubbles

Latest posts

Back