A public apology to my geeky friends .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice that and tbh felt a few members replies were a little personal and nasty to me, I might of posted in a wrong way to which as I said apologised , then it just got out of control and then I got told that members were fed up with my replies lately and since gaining my masters I have become condescending ,, i then read on someones profile a comment about me being a nasty price of work and forgets I was new once .

Well I sat and sobbed as I really am not like that and was disapointed in myself for coming across that way it was a real wake up I really really would be so sad if people see me as nasty :(

hey ho such is life though xxx

Kattiebbaby, your funny don't worry about it, I just read your post and its hilarious. You tell em girl. Lol x

Big hugs Katie:hug:

I read your posts quite often and I really don't think you need to be apologising. You certainly dont need to be beating yourself up about this.
I read the post where all this began and i think its quite sad that a few people feel they need to respond with catty remarks.
This isn't the playground ladies!
We are all here because we love the same thing. I love reading everyone's posts whether they've been at it 50 years or it's their first day. We are all learning, and yes we are only human and get it a little wrong sometimes. We should support eachother and have a friendly word, not be sharpening those talons.

Hope your feeling better katie

Emma x x x

I also hope you learn from this apology, which I do accept as someone who disagreed with you last night. I am, like you, a CND user and have been for a long time, but the difference seems to be that I accept others choice of product and offer my advice without pushing CND at them......

Generic advice is often needed, particularly by inexperienced techs who don't often know if the problem lies with them or the product. Checking profiles is a good way to establish where to pitch your answer.

Izzi has it summed up for me, check who you're talking to, how your reply reads and don't assume that your (CND) way is the only way......

Chin up, clean slate!

Isn't this enough now?

Katie, you are often wrong (or at least not entirely accurate) and the way you answer sometimes reads as "I'm right and you're not" and can be condescending and critical. If you set yourself up to be this person then you must also take the disagreement that comes back. Your posts on the other thread were not correct and not very pleasant especially to those feeling vulnerable.

You've had good advice here, especially looking at the profile of who you are are answering. Experience counts and you only became a Master this month!

i do think you are brave to post an apology but it's now turning into an ego massaging 'poor me'.

If you want to set yourself up as an 'authority' check your facts and check who you are talking to. Plus be prepared for the fall out.

In the scheme of things you are still 'new' in compared to so many on this site.

I hope you've learnt from these 2 threads and have a bit of humility and respect. I also hope that the 2 threads have run their course.

Move on and up and maybe in a few years you could be considered as a CND EA. I was one of the originals and know it takes a wide experience, skill, knowledge and tact!

On that note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back