A public apology to my geeky friends .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
Well what can I say lol. I am just wanting to say that I am really really sorry guys I am totally disapointed in myself :(

If I come across as a knowit all I'm sorry :( I just am like a new puppy so eagar and passionate that I sometimes loose my way.

I love SG and am would love to be as good as alot of the techs on here one day, reardless of brand or training , passion is passion as is skill ,,, I need to learn to sloooow down and listen and learn.

I really really am sorry geeks . I am going to change it's my NY resolution lol I will try and be more encouraging and helpfull with my posts .

Im gutted with myself :(

Well what can I say lol. I am just wanting to say that I am really really sorry guys I am totally disapointed in myself :(

If I come across as a knowit all I'm sorry :( I just am like a new puppy so eagar and passionate that I sometimes loose my way.

I love SG and am would love to be as good as alot of the techs on here one day, reardless of brand or training , passion is passion as is skill ,,, I need to learn to sloooow down and listen and learn.

I really really am sorry geeks . I am going to change it's my NY resolution lol I will try and be more encouraging and helpfull with my posts .

Im gutted with myself :(

Why what did you do?

I have been told alot of my posts come across offensive and condescending . I am deeply hurt I am viewed this way :(

I want to make amends. Xx

Who said that??

I don't think they are at all and I read all your blogs and threads n so on!

If I'm honest there's some people on here that turn round and say that to people and they don't realise there so full of themselves its them that are offensive and condescending.

Katie - I am a trainee so rely deeply on people like yourself for advice. I like a brutally honest approach and like to know that I can always depend on a totally unclouded response.

I think it is so difficult to be 100% perfect in everyone's eyes at thebest of times but over a website where facial expression and personality beyond a reply is gone, then it becomes mission impossible.

To some you may be harsh, you may appear slightly condascending in your posts but, to others ( like me ) your passion shines through in every word. The passion for the industry, passion for your chosen brand and, most importantly, the passion to be educated and informed to a level above and beyond what many new techs would aspire to.

Keep doing what you do hun - you have many people supporting you x

Thankyou that means so much to me. I have had a few PMs saying the same. I was so upset lastnight at the thought of people seeing me as nasty, or forgeting where I come from.

I'm far from perfect and I have lots to learn about the idustry and sg is my support network it has helped and inspired me so much, and will continue to do so.

Thanks geeks,, xxx

Hi Katie

Please don't be 2 hard on yourself! Sometimes when ur typing its hard to get ur point across without sounding condesending. Sometimes i read back over some of my emails or txt msgs and realise they dont come across as well as what i thought they did at the time.

Like you said ur passionate which is really great and im sure u'v been a great help to many geeks.

xxxx :hug: xxxx

katie i know why you have done this as i seen the posy yesterday and i dont think you were wrong i think you were stating what you believed in with your systems i think you just worded it wrong dont worry its easily done sometimes iv done that then thought after it oh i maybe shouldnt have said that

STOP BEING HARD ON YOURSELF ;-)

I have to say, If I write a post on here asking for help or looking for critique that it is not the 'soft' answers I'm looking for, 'ooh they're pretty' is nice to hear but doesnt help. I can get those responses from friends.
Here, I like tough critiques and firm answers that I can learn from.
If I'm wrong I would like guidance from fellow professionals to help me advance. Without that we'd be stuck in a rut as people can be too polite to say what they really mean so as not to cause offence. I dont know about you but I'd rather an honest opinion any day.

Dont worry, people can always read into a message an intonation they want to read- whether its there or not... its in the eye of the beholder!
We're all only human though and so we all get things wrong at times, dont beat yourself up when you do- just accept and learn.
I try to read posts back before I do post to avoid a chance of it being taken the way in which it was not meant.

I personally have found some of your advice very helpful :hug:

Last edited:
Hi Katie

Me again!!

Ive just been reading a couple of your posts and in no way do you sound patronising, condesending or any of the rest of it! so Chin Up and keep posting/blogging!

xxx :hug: xxx

We have all suffered from foot in mouth disease at one point or another. I know I have and I am sure some of your critics have! It takes a bigger person to stick their hand up and say sorry!

Welcome to my world:hug:

We all have to take a look at how we sound from time to time. Sometimes for me it is a matter of time. You try to help and type thousands of posts and occasionally have no time for "frills and fancies;" I for one have no time at all for them. Just say it how I see it.

People take things so personally which is where the trouble often lies. I am never personal. To me a question is a question ... Who asks it isn't really important.

,,, I need to learn to sloooow down and listen and learn.

I am so glad you are taking this course of action, and I sincerely hope this is the last apology you have to make for your posts.

I have been on this site for more years than I care to remember and I have never known anyone who has had to apologise quite as much as you lol! :rolleyes:

You seem to know that the written word can be misconstrued as you mentioned that in a couple of apologies before, and yet you have still managed to be 'misconstrued' several times since then.:irked:

No one doubts your enthusiasm and passion, but take some advice from a dinosaur geek here ;)
Always make sure you read the full thread before posting your thoughts.
Re read your post at least twice before hitting the send button.
check out which country the thread poster is in, and check out their profile for any information on what system THEY use, before you start telling them how wonderful yours is.

No one is perfect on this site,really NO ONE !! and I have learned most of this advice the hard way over the years, I do bite my lip and walk away from the laptop quite a lot rather than post my initial thoughts on some threads, and that is probably why I have managed to avoid censure from the Mods. (so far lol )
I try never to take sides and not get drawn into the Brand Wars that go on on here, and if I feel strongly that someone is causing problems I would rather report them to a Mod for their learned opinion than get into a public dispute, or avoid that persons posts altogether.

I really hope you stick to your New Years Resolution, and anyone who has had occasion to misconstrue your posts accepts this public apology.

I for one do, and shall draw a line under everything that has gone before and start afresh reading your posts.

I have to say, If I write a post on here asking for help or looking for critique that it is not the 'soft' answers I'm looking for, 'ooh they're pretty' is nice to hear but doesnt help. I can get those responses from friends.
Here, I like tough critiques and firm answers that I can learn from.
If I'm wrong I would like guidance from fellow professionals to help me advance. Without that we'd be stuck in a rut as people can be too polite to say what they really mean so as not to cause offence. I dont know about you but I'd rather an honest opinion any day.

Dont worry, people can always read into a message an intonation they want to read- whether its there or not... its in the eye of the beholder!
We're all only human though and so we all get things wrong at times, dont beat yourself up when you do- just accept and learn.
I try to read posts back before I do post to avoid a chance of it being taken the way in which it was not meant.

I personally have found some of your advice very helpful :hug:

I agree, if you ask for help you want straight, honest answers that will help you improve that particular thing. If you don't want an honest answer and are just looking at getting lots of supportive comments then you really shouldn't be asking the question.

I can't remember seeing any post of yours that I thought "ooh that was below the belt". It does happen on here and geeks do get picked up on that but like I said I've never seen anything of yours along those lines I'm sure.

x

Katiebaby I am an oldie too - not on here much now but still visit from time to time. The written word quite often does not type the way we mean to say it. I don't know what you have said or who you have annoyed but well done you. It takes a lot of courage to make a public apology and I am sure it will be accepted by whoever. Now you have acknowledged and apologised, move on, forgive youself, keep and open mind and keep learning. Big hugs from me :hug:

Aww...i read a couple threads the other day....dont be too hard on yourself...its hard to take things when just reading them online as you dont no how they should be interpreted or the person themselves and how they would say things!
People will appriciate this thread but again, dont be hard on yourself :)
Keep up with your advice to everyone as it is helpful and keep up your hard work x

I think it takes a better person to admit when they are wrong. I think if you feel in yourself that you have been a bit hard, then you are the best judge of your own character. So if you feel you have done wrong then you are right to post an apology. I like reading your posts myself and you have never personaly offended me. Infact you have been warm and kind and helpful to me on the moxie thread the other day. I have been recovering from an op and have been on here loads over the past couple weeks. So I have read loads of posts. You are a cnd girl through and through and I think its nice that you are passionate and excited about the brand. And im glad ot be friends with you on here you have a deep knowledge of CND and I think from reading your posts that you would actulay make a great educator..have you ever thaught about it? x

Katie that was a very brave thing to do! I hope you're taking more notice of all the messages of support than all the negative ones.

You have obviously been taught very well and have taken your career very seriously by increasing your knowledge and your willingness to share and help others.

I must admit that I have read several of your posts and thought "WHAT??!!" You often come across as very authoritative and it isn't often that your reply is actually wrong but there is sometimes more to it than your answer and you don't seem to be willing to accept that there are often alternative 'right' answers. But, as Geeg has said, what someone is thinking in their head doesn't always come across in the written word.

Anyway, don't stop helping or learning and be a little more open minded about what is 'correct'
:hug:

Wow thanks guys it really means alot. Sarah I don't think I was wrong but maybe the way it was put across wrong by myself and for that is what I'm apologising for ( my tone)

thankyou all for your kind words I have had so many pms saying how they don't see me as like that and gave me a chin up.

Sarah I would love to aspire to be a CND EA one day it is a brand/company I trust love and am passionate about I love everything they do and it's their approach to education which gives me fire in my belly it inspires me and overwhelms me at the possibiltys I can achieve having the support of such a wonderfull team at cnd and s2 and of ofcourse you guys on here .

I will continue to learn an grow and hopefully one day I might achieve my goals .

Thanks guys xx

It's really too bad that some seemed to need more of an apology than what you gave in the original thread. And I will apologize up front if this seems condecending, its not meant to be but......you'd think that the few posters that were actually quite rude and sarcastic regarding the length of your posts and attacks of your character, would be the ones apologizing, as their comments had nothing to do with the thread.
We are all on here giving opinions and asking for opinions, if you dont like the suggestion, then pass it by and keep your snide comments to yourself. Im sorry people felt the need to attack you Kate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back