A sore subject for Mums!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whens your due date hun ??

StarStar said:
Thanks guys! I only have approx 6 wks to go so I've started thinking of these kind of things....:eek: I will try rasberry leaf tea tablets, my Aunties friend also suggested them to me but as she is 90 I thought it might have been abit of an old wifes tale. But then again, they do say the old ways work best.....

:)
i took rasberry leaf tea tablets with my second...reckon they worked..i arrived at the hospital at 9.30pm and my mate claire was wheeling me out to have a cig by 10.45pm after giving birth to ash within 45 minutes...the thing they say about rasberry leaf it makes the contractions stronger so a quicker birth....and it worked for me my first was over 14 hours and i didnt take them, i took them again with my third and he was 4 hours from first contraction to birth...

SolarOil can be used for this purpose and for many others. It is totally pure and made of the finest quality oils including vitamine E so go for it ... or let him go for it ... either way you will be perfectly safe wtih solarOIl. :biggrin:

StarStar said:
Allright.... I dont think there is any sensitive way of asking this so I'm going to go and spit it right out....

My midwife gave me some leaflets about pernium (sp?) massage, it sugessted using olive oil but I was wondering if solar oil would be ok? with it's added vitamin E etc as this might help skin stretching?

Has anyone used it for this purpose???

:o

My sister did this not sure what she used i'll ask her and get back to you.

StarStar said:
Allright.... I dont think there is any sensitive way of asking this so I'm going to go and spit it right out....

My midwife gave me some leaflets about pernium (sp?) massage, it sugessted using olive oil but I was wondering if solar oil would be ok? with it's added vitamin E etc as this might help skin stretching?

Has anyone used it for this purpose???

:o

Hi ya, i think it should be fine but just double check with your midwife first. Take the Solar Oil with you so she can see if there's anything in it that will be a problem don't want you going into labour to soon lol!! Plus just so you don't feel as embarrassed, i used this method with both my pregancies, but i used baby oil as well as Olive oil & it really works!! Started to do it, (well actually got my husband to do it, hey he has to do his bit),:biggrin: from the 34th week onward not all the time/daily may i add 3-4 times a week lol!! I only had 3 slight friction cuts with my first son 7lb 8oz & NOTHING with my second son 7lb 6oz!! So try it as its worth a go if it reduces some of the pain lol!!!

i was recomended to use weat germ oil ( from the body shop ) which i did .
it doesnt smell , and ii had no problems down belown (if you know what i mean)
god luck and congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Hi I had three kids and only tore on my first. I started with a 10pounder then a 9.5pounder, then saved the best for last a 10.8pounder. I used Raspberry leaf tea, it loosens the muscles and is meant to prevent splitting. Dont use it though until about 36 weeks, because my nurse told me it could cause miscarriage. I took her word for it cause wasnt going to chance something like that happening.
Good luck!!!!!
xxxx:D

Wow things have changed since I had mine never had anything lol
Didn't have any tears and my labours were 5 hours and 2 hours :cool:

Latest posts

Back