A sore subject for Mums!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarStar

Reaction score
Allright.... I dont think there is any sensitive way of asking this so I'm going to go and spit it right out....

My midwife gave me some leaflets about pernium (sp?) massage, it sugessted using olive oil but I was wondering if solar oil would be ok? with it's added vitamin E etc as this might help skin stretching?

Has anyone used it for this purpose???

:o

i didnt do that massage lol, but when i had the twins i wished i had .
cant see why you cant use solar oil you might just smell like marzipan......

StarStar said:
Allright.... I dont think there is any sensitive way of asking this so I'm going to go and spit it right out....

My midwife gave me some leaflets about pernium (sp?) massage, it sugessted using olive oil but I was wondering if solar oil would be ok? with it's added vitamin E etc as this might help skin stretching?

Has anyone used it for this purpose???

:o

I nearly choked on my custard cream then lol!
Are you talking before giving birth? sorry can't quite get my head around it.

Zuise.e said:
I nearly choked on my custard cream then lol!
Are you talking before giving birth? sorry can't quite get my head around it.

Sorry! yes I am.... thats why I said I was just going to spit the question out as there was no easy wasy to ask it.....:lol: :o

StarStar said:
Sorry! yes I am.... thats why I said I was just going to spit the question out as there was no easy wasy to ask it.....:lol: :o

I don't see why you could't use solaroil and without going into too much info, even if it you spilt a bit it's not gonna do any harm is it?

Just be careful your other half doesn't get the munchies in the night and fanices a *cherry * bakewell (sorry!!!)

Maybe you should ask your midwife if this is ok to use in pregnancy. Don't they make creams especially for this purpose?

Thanks gals! I will ask the midwife, It didn't mention anything about creams just olive oil... I hate the smell of olive oil :p

And I'll watch out for the 'cherry bake well / marzipan bf syndrome' :D

Have a water birth!! I did, you stand less chance of tearing and its a wonderful feeling, baby comes out calmer apperently. Cam didn't cry an once, even when they gave him that shot...can't remember what its called now.

pmsl, i used wheatgerm oil on mine :wink2: hubby thought it was hilarious and offered to do it for me, luckily i ended up having a section so was ok in that department :p

Solar Oil is hypoallergenic is'nt it? If it is, then go for it!
Vitamin E oil from health shops would be good too.

i cant see why not it doesnt contain any oils that are a no no during pregnancy....seems a nicer option than olive iol which will be a tad greasier....and if it dont work....salt water baths after the birth:wink2:

use whatever you can! i didn't despite advice from midwife and ended up with a fair few sticthes!
good luck hunnie - how long you got to go????
Lorraine xxxxxxxxxxx

after having a 9Ib 6oz baby!! and bringing plenty ov baby's in the world i think i know were you are coming from but i think you shouldnt worry as been chilled out and try not rush it then you should be OK!! as if its going to happen then I'm sorry it will!! but don't worry and enjoy it

Zuise.e said:
I don't see why you could't use solaroil and without going into too much info, even if it you spilt a bit it's not gonna do any harm is it?

Just be careful your other half doesn't get the munchies in the night and fanices a *cherry * bakewell (sorry!!!)
PMSL! I had to send my daughter out the room as she wanted to know what I was laughing at.
I'd think solar oil would be fine, but double check with the midwife. Also has anyone told you about Rasberry leaf tablets or tea? You can take them in the last 8 weeks, they act as a uterine tonic and give you a super toned contraction. You will feel them but boy is labour quicker as they're more effective. I had no 1 in 4 hrs, no 2 in 25mins, and I was induced two weeks early for no 3 as they didn't want me to "go off like a rocket" on my own:eek: , I'd have only made it to the top of my road before needing to push!
Good luck hun.:hug:

I know someone who used raspberry leaf tablets and she had her baby on the stairs of her home!!!

Im really gutted. Ive had 3 kids and its not once been mentioned to me. I was cut (episiotomy) with my first and have torn in the same place with my second 2, especially with my last baby who is now 11 months old. She was a 10lb so you can imagine what that was like!! Maybe doing this may have stopped me tearing so badly.

Delisnails said:
I know someone who used raspberry leaf tablets and she had her baby on the stairs of her home!!!
It's good stuff!
Luckily I was at hospital for a check up when I went into labour with no 2.
It was so quick, the midwife just had to catch her, my hubby said she was like a surfer, came out riding the waves so to speak. Had no tears, but we both got friction burns, hers on her cheeks, mine unmentionable.:o

what about that bio oil stuff?

i did it using I think almond oil. However it did no good whatsoever for me, as I ended up having forceps! But it is a good thing to do as preparation.

Thanks guys! I only have approx 6 wks to go so I've started thinking of these kind of things....:eek: I will try rasberry leaf tea tablets, my Aunties friend also suggested them to me but as she is 90 I thought it might have been abit of an old wifes tale. But then again, they do say the old ways work best.....

:)

Latest posts

Back