Above and Beyond the Call of Duty!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgloverfam

Reaction score
Have you ever had a client that wanted you to go "the extra mile"? What I mean is......there are sometimes when our cleints ask too much of us.
For example, I once had a client that wanted me to pull her pants down for her in the bathroom because her nails were wet, and she had to pee. I DID NOT! She just had to wait, and I told her if she smudged I'd happily fix them!
I once helped a client all the way out to her car, and even STARTED IT UP for her!! LOL!!
I had an obnoxious lawyer as a client and while doing her manicures she'd be talking loudly on her cell phone, screaming and cursing at her assistants, and threatening to fire people. Well, she must have thought that I was a part of her team too, because whenever she'd be talking to someone "important", she'd stop and tell say to me, "Write this down"!! And she'd do this every five minutes or so, and suddenly I became her secretary!! Never mind the fact that I'd be running terribly late for my next client! Or if her cell phone died out, she'd want to stop and go to the reception desk and use their phone, because it was "really important", and expect me to pick up where she left off!! Well, let's just say SHE GOT FIRED, and no longer comes to the spa!
So, how far have you gone out of the way for a client? And I especially want to hear about the obnoxious, unappreciative ones. I'll try to remember more too.

This post sure brought back a few memories for me!

I do remember undoing and doing up a fair few pairs of 501's for a few people who had to pee and couldn't manage it with wet nail enamel!! I also drew the line at pulling them off though :D .

Done up the seat belt for many a client before now.
ALWAYS getting keys out of handbags, writing appointments in diaries etc which I expect we all do.

There was one memorable occasion when I stayed late for a client (first timer) and it was dark outside. Just as I had finished prepping her nails, there was an electricity cut and everything was pitch black. I groped my way into the salon kitchen and returned with matches and 3 candles (don't scream fire hazard at me ... this was an emergency :eek: ) and we did her nails by candlelight. She is still a client 12 years later!!

I have to say that no one has ever been really rude to me (sorry to disappoint you). I don't think they would dare!! :Scared:

Hi all, I have only ever had that sort of thing happen to me once, i am not trained but a lady who lives very near to me asked if i would paint a french on her nails for her as mine looked so nice, sure i love painting nails.
This lady was well known for, shall i say boasting to anyone who would listen how rich she was, always buying this and how much it cost. She once asked the furniture delivery driver to come after 3.30 so that all the mums on the road could see her new furniture being delivered as they came back from doing the school run.
Anyway i did her nails and they where still wet when the postman came with her mail, she asked me to open it for her as she was waiting for a important letter, i did feel uneasy but she insisted saying "youve done my nails now, we have no secrets" so i opened the first letter and it was from the bayliffs, i quickly put it down and said she should read it herself later, she was mortified, i felt sorry for her so i said to make her feel better, oh dont worry i get loads of those. Then to my horror she told all the mums at school that i was in debt and had bayliffs at my door, without telling them the whole story. I never did spill the beans and two wrongs dont make a right, its just good enough for me that she knows that i know the truth.

It made me smile and i hope you too..xxx

I once had a lady who was going to a masonic ball and wanted penis` painted on her nails!

talontedbitch said:
I once had a lady who was going to a masonic ball and wanted penis` painted on her nails!
flippin' 'eck!!! Dodgy hand shakes AND penis' on nails!! What a RIOT!!!

talontedbitch said:
A woman asked me to do the very same thing about three years ago. I did it too! I thought my boss was going to fire me! He just laughed it off, but I will NEVER do anything like that agian! When the nail was all dry, I realized that people wouls ask her,"Who did that for you?", so I practically chased her out the door with remover and a wipe to take it off! I was so mortified! I didn't get to take it off, but I will NEVER forget that! LOL!

Latest posts

Back