Absolutely gutted!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Last summer I found my ideal premises to set up and open a beauty salon, the great thing was it was originally a beauty salon but the owner had gone into training and the trade side of things.

I went and saw the property with my husband and we decided to go ahead, at the time I was renting a room in a friends hair salon so I decided to let her know what I was intending to do because I really didn't want to be arranging this behind her back, she was happy for me but wanted me to leave at the end of the month so she could get someone else in a.s.a.p, that was fine as I thought we were near completing the deal and the letting agency said I could be in very quickly.

I left the salon and still nothing had happened, the guy from the letting agency told me there was a problem with the roof, it needed fixing before we could go ahead with the legal's but the landlady was being a nightmare re getting it done! This went on for months with me chasing everday then I got a phone call to say the landlady had pulled out and was selling, this absolutely knocked me flat, I'd put a lot of time and effort into this but everyone said "it wasn't meant to be".

I've now just found out yesterday it was a lie regarding the landlady selling and through the same letting agency another beautician has gone in and set up!!

I cannot believe it I'm so upset and angry and feel I was strung along and completely conned :sad:

I'd love to phone / email that letting agency and give them a piece of my mind but what good would it do.

Surely they aren't allowed to do that?

What an crushing disappointment for you. I agree that you have not been treated fairly by the owner or letting agency.

Obviously, you could call into the agency and ask for an explanation which might provide some comfort but it won't change the outcome.

However, if their recent behaviour is anything to go by, it's likely that the owner will mess the new tenant around at some point and you may still have had a lucky escape.

When running a business, I think it's crucial to deal with setbacks in a rational and unemotional way as far as possible. This makes it much easier to move forwards and find solutions without allowing other people's behaviours to affect your success. Don't dwell on the 'if only's'...

I wish you loads of success in your future ventures. :hug:

Did u not put a holding deposit down?

I agree with another post that said you had a lucky escape. You don't want to mixed up with people that are comfortable messing someone around like that.
I would feel like you and want to let the agents know I was fully aware of what they had done and how underhand it's was. It might make you feel a little better?
I have had a few lucky escapes that at the time felt like huge disappointments but they pushed me in a better direction and I learnt a lot from them
Good luck
Josie x

Hi Carlalouise. I feel for you. I run a property management company. Did you sign any T&Cs or Application or put any monies down??

Hi Carlalouise. I feel for you. I run a property management company. Did you sign any T&Cs or Application or put any monies down??

Hello

No, I should of suspected something as when I said about getting my solicitor involved and putting a deposit down, the guy from the letting agent said it wasn't safe doing anything until the roof had been sorted out.

xx

Oh that is naughty of them!!

Did they not ask you references or anything? Are they a well known letting agents?

I would definately be putting in a complaint to the company as they have not been doing there job properly.

The main thing is Do not let it put you off trying.
xx

Latest posts

Back