Acra-c forms, do you use yours.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh damn, thx anyway jac :hug:

OOOOOH, thanks for reminding me Jac!!!!! Mine are at work....somewhere!!! I must get them out and have a go with them because I am now getting to the stage that I would like to 'do away' with tips!!!

Yes, I think you are right.....we bought the last of them from Creative last year!!!!

just found mine too.....and i have just gone sculpting mad thanks to Amber giving me some tips and letting me have a go on her.....so will give them another go. xxxx

your not letting her have them then Angie:)

jac extreme said:
Hi all,
remember a while back we all went mad buying up the Acra-c forms, well I just wondered how many of us are still using them.

Mine are gathering dust in the cupboard, not because they dont work, just because I found it much easier to tear a form off a roll than fiddle with them, then clean them and squidge them back into their box:lol:

nice to hear you have dusted off them forms jac:)

What exactly are these forms like and how do they differ from the performance forms other than being reusable????

They are clear ovals of plastic with oval holes in them, the holes are numbered 1 to 10 like tips sizes.

you put this on your nail that is ready to be sculpted and then you put a little plastic clamp on which hold the form in place while you apply your sculpt.

When done remove, clean and its ready to use again,
uploaded a pic.

Attachments

• acra 002.jpg
    acra 002.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 151
jac extreme said:
blimey, maralyn, how to describe them, they are clear ovals of plastic with oval holes in them, the holes are numbered 1 to 10 like tips sizes.

you put this on your nail that is ready to be sculpted and then you put a little plastic clamp on which hold the form in place while you apply your sculpt.

uploaded a pic.

ooh they look interesting!!! ivve nevber seen them before! xx

Are there any nail shapes/type that are not suitable to use these on?

jac extreme said:
your not letting her have them then Angie:)

rofl......:lol: :lol: :lol: errrrrrrrrrr....that'll be ..... NO !!

jac extreme said:
blimey, maralyn, how to describe them, they are clear ovals of plastic with oval holes in them, the holes are numbered 1 to 10 like tips sizes.

uploaded a pic.

The REAL difference to these forms, is the 'belly' in the form.

There is not a paper form or other type in the world that will follow the side curve (profile) of the natural nail because paper is FLAT and straight and nails are curvy. These forms CURVE from the side view and it is easy to get a perfect fit to the C-curve also, of the natural nail, no matter how long or short the free edge is .. the curve of the form will match it. They are not a bit difficult to fit either. They cost a fortune to create the templates for them but where they are now I do not know. Hyperion used to sell stacks of them and we had an exclusive on them, but then the company got dishonest and greedy and broke their agreement and started to sell them to other distributors so we pulled out ... now they don't sell any to my knowledge in the UK .. not sure they do in the USA either.

someone gave a link a while back when i was enquiring about them to a us company that sold them and also a company that sold very similar ones. i dont know if that helps.

Just seen some on a website called Idonails.com, may invest in some myself as my sculpting is pants i can never seem to get a nice flush fit to underside!:cry:

Presume instructions will be included :lol: :lol: :lol:

DEBSY said:
Just seen some on a website called Idonails.com, may invest in some myself as my sculpting is pants i can never seem to get a nice flush fit to underside!:cry:

Presume instructions will be included :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are on their home page but if you click on them nothing comes up even when you click on their products these forms are not listed

mmmmmmm,, You are right,,,how odd! :irked:

Its probably because there's none left - I will sell mine for say £500.00 any takers??

jac, have you made any progress with your high hyponichium problem yet ?

i used mine last night [i dont do many full sets]

i noticed that they have a more curved cut out if you were to turn the form the other way around. you would only have room to sculpt a short free edge, but it might work. i cant try it out because i have a full set on, but it might be worth a try.

Hi thanks, i am actually not putting anything on mine at the moment so will have a try at a later date thanks for that one.

Latest posts

Back