acrygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadie

Reaction score
does anyone use this or have recently converted to it? ni have just bought the kit and it is ,indeed, very strong. However, because it is self levelling, i find it really hard to build an apex? does anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it?

I am also having some problems on a certain few (most are fine) with lifting. IS my application a bit off? obv, my prep is good and the bulbs in my lamp are hunky dory. is there a certain way of mixing the gel and powder? dip it? whip it? pat it in? xx

does anyone use this or have recently converted to it? ni have just bought the kit and it is ,indeed, very strong. However, because it is self levelling, i find it really hard to build an apex? does anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it?

I am also having some problems on a certain few (most are fine) with lifting. IS my application a bit off? obv, my prep is good and the bulbs in my lamp are hunky dory. is there a certain way of mixing the gel and powder? dip it? whip it? pat it in? xx

Hi i use acrygel, the lifting could be due to too much powder on the second layer, or applying the acrygel too thick. Application has to be very thin but quite grainy. HTH

I saw a thing in the capital wholesalers magazine on acrygel.

There was a pic of some rather awful nails along side it. i gotta say, they arent the kinda thing youd want to use to advertise your range!!

im quite interested in he concept though.

the thing with building an apex using the acrygel is this ....in between your layers .....you need to swipe some gel in the apex part only and then dip ......this way it builds your stress area ....then you can contine on ....this is the only way I have found that works since the product is self leveling..... and lots of patience ......

most gel is self leveling is it not?

have your tried curing them upside down, then the gel will slightly peak in a psuedo stress area

If my gels feelin a bit runny i turn the nails upside down before i cure. just make sure you hold the clients hand level on both axis otherwise hey could end up all slanty and on the one side!!

the thing with building an apex using the acrygel is this ....in between your layers .....you need to swipe some gel in the apex part only and then dip ......this way it builds your stress area ....then you can contine on ....this is the only way I have found that works since the product is self leveling..... and lots of patience ......

So on that layer, you don't dip your brush in the powder, you dip the nail in the powder instead?

I'm not quite understanding the 'mix ratio' thing, how do you know if you are using too much powder? too little powder? wish is was a bit like L&P in that respect, at least you can see that.

Kate, i did see those nails and i thought exactly the same as you!! BUT i have created some nice nails with it despite the picture! The only thing i would like to see would be a coverage pink. i agree most gels are self levelling but i am quite used to using Akzentz and i also use their builder gel. This is great for making an apex cuz it doesn't move too much! think thats why i'm finding switching so difficult.

Do you think it would be possible to continue to use the builder with the acrygel range? x

Hi there fellow nail geeks, i was just wandering if anyone has tried acrygel it is a new product which claims to be a mix of acrylic and gel. I would love to know if anyone has used it and if you can soak it off with acetone, as i hate removal any other way!!
if anyone could help please message me.
many thanks.:lol:

i trained in acrygel with michelle porter a few years ago when it was first launched so it isnt really that new anymore. it was the first nail course i went on and knowing what i know now i realise the standard of training and products doesnt even compare to creative whos products i absolutely swear by and the training is second to none, but yeah you can soak them off with acetone! xx:)

I had been reading up on this product the last month and got it a couple weeks ago to add yet "another" nail enhancement item to clients:) So far I LOVE it and a couple of my more "problem" ladies that are Very hard on their nails (in water Alot etc.) these are staying on wonderfully! I have not yet had to soak-off though so can't be of any help in that department. Only thing I'm finding is that the Pink in the powder is Very Sheer so I wish they had one that was a bit more "dence" for those less than Perfect looking nail plates:rolleyes:

* My instructions that were w/my Acrygel kit (from Starlight Intl.) states that you put your first layer over the entire nail - cure then when you proceed to your second dip of gel to powder ratio you put on just the "nailbed" area and cure w/the hand turned over as well as your lamp (if that makes sense):) Mine came w/an instructional DVD as well and one of my table lamps is a nice smaller (9 watt) that is easy to handle. But like Carl said this way the gravity helps pull it to the middle helping to create an arch*

I have merged two threads on the same subject, just in case it doesnt read continuously.

So on that layer, you don't dip your brush in the powder, you dip the nail in the powder instead?....yes this is what I do anyway......I dip the nail...

I'm not quite understanding the 'mix ratio' thing, how do you know if you are using too much powder? too little powder? wish is was a bit like L&P in that respect, at least you can see that.....practice, practice....is all I can say on getting the mix right for you...you will just have to work with it more

Kate, i did see those nails and i thought exactly the same as you!! BUT i have created some nice nails with it despite the picture! The only thing i would like to see would be a coverage pink. i agree most gels are self levelling but i am quite used to using Akzentz and i also use their builder gel. This is great for making an apex cuz it doesn't move too much! think thats why i'm finding switching so difficult.

Do you think it would be possible to continue to use the builder with the acrygel range? x
....hope this helps in a small way

Hello, I recently went on an acrygel conversion course with michelle porter, previoulsy I was using IBD , I do not rate IBD for natural nail overlays, and I have not used the acrygel as yet for a natural nail overlay, please could someone out there who has used acrygel for natural nail overlays tell me what they think, and also if there are any tips for good application. Thanks .

Hi there fellow nail geeks, i was just wandering if anyone has tried acrygel it is a new product which claims to be a mix of acrylic and gel. I would love to know if anyone has used it and if you can soak it off with acetone, as i hate removal any other way!!
if anyone could help please message me.
many thanks.:lol:
yeah u use acetone to remove but be prepared for a long wait as ive found it takes ages

Latest posts

Back