Acryli... tips or scultured?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi!!!

Just wondering what everyones opinions are regarding acrlic over tips or scupltured acrylics.

I am qualified to performboth however lately i havejust been perfoming tips as sculptured obviously require alot of practise.

In everyones opinions waht have you found yourselves performing the most of & which do you prefer.

I realise this is a personal preference but any advice gratefully received!

Thanks
Louise :)

HI Louise,

I have been doing sculptured since i qualified coz i really wanted to be able to sculpt well but consequently havent done or practiced tips. Didnt really see any need as I thought all nails could be sculpted ... and I still find that I can .. BUT after going on the "mum" day last week where she taught us how to tip perfectly and checking all the curves and angles I realised that when you do put on a tip and it has a perfect line then adding product onto that platform should give fantastic results and as a result of this I am goign to practice tips ... i find the hardest part is sizing correctly with the correct c curve.
I have some clients with square flat really wide nails and end up sculpting them (I have to cut the form much wider to accomodate the width) ... and dont know if tipping would give a better shape or not?

Take care xxx

i am a sculpting girlio with my l&p i tend to use tips when im doing design work or im using gel it

forms work out cheaper than tipping and i find it saves me time ;)

J x

forms work out cheaper than tipping

Oh yea jess this is another reason :)

I am happy doing either, sculpting is also quicker

As a rule I usually tip and overlay, but recently I've gone back to doing sculpting and realised how much I enjoy it.

i used to tip and overlay all the time as i was too scared to sculp, but once i had done my masters, all i do now is sculp, i prefer it to ti and overlay now, and its cheaper

Sculpting is the one for me its really easy once you start doing it, Its just a bit scary at first because you are so used to tips.

Since I started doing nails in July last year, I've been using tips and only played around with sculpting, using those stupid horseshoe forms. Since I started my Ezflow training I've only been practising with forms, and OMG I can't beleive how quickly you can pick it up! I get much better shape to the nails, especially the placement of my l&p, it's much more even now. Add this to the fact of being cheaper, I know which way I'm gonna go!!!

Latest posts

Back