Acrylic products help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speake 485

Reaction score
ok where to start.. i did a day course with carlton institute a few months ago
i was shown the methods of gel and acrylics using uv curable products by nailite as i was training.. so each type had to be cured for 4 minutes under the lamp
i have used all the acrylic products and brought new products but changed to cuccio clear acrylic powder so i wouldnt have to cure it and would be a quicker process.
But im unsure as the lady who sold me the products from southern beauty said the liquid monomer i used on the previous nailite products would be suitible for the cuccio product despite the fact the cuccio doesnt need curing?
i did a set of nails but found they took forever to set and in the end put them under the uv to hurry up the process which worked.. So what im asking is do i need a different liquid monomer for the differnt tyoe of acylic powder.. I hope that makes sense as im confused ahhhhhh

Also where do people by there products from? im struggling to find good prices plz plz help
jenny:cry:

When you change your powder (polymer) to a different company you must always get the liquid (monomer) that is meant for that powder (polymer)
so if you have bought cuccio polymer you need to buy cuccio monomer (liquid)
each company's make their products to specifically work with each other (ie the liquid and powder) you should never mix and match hun hth

I didnt know that cuccio did an enhancement system. As far as I know they only do natural nail treatments.

ok where to start.. i did a day course with carlton institute a few months ago
i was shown the methods of gel and acrylics using uv curable products by nailite as i was training.. so each type had to be cured for 4 minutes under the lamp
i have used all the acrylic products and brought new products but changed to cuccio clear acrylic powder so i wouldnt have to cure it and would be a quicker process.
But im unsure as the lady who sold me the products from southern beauty said the liquid monomer i used on the previous nailite products would be suitible for the cuccio product despite the fact the cuccio doesnt need curing?
i did a set of nails but found they took forever to set and in the end put them under the uv to hurry up the process which worked.. So what im asking is do i need a different liquid monomer for the differnt tyoe of acylic powder.. I hope that makes sense as im confused ahhhhhh

Also where do people by there products from? im struggling to find good prices plz plz help
jenny:cry:
I have had no training with the companies you have mentioned so can't comment on those specifically,
But I think with only one day's training babe, you may find you run into a lot more problems yet,
I personally think it is advisable to follow instructions you were given on the course you did,
If they are not working for you as they should be, maybe look into training with another reputable company, there are many around,
CND, EZFLOW, NSI are some of the best I would say,
With CND and EZFLOW I have found the customer service to be paramount to anything else, they help you constantly, and you are always updated with training and any information relevant...
And both are only to happy to help with ANY problems you will have (as you will see from some of the members on this site, who give their time for free to help us in our profession)

I took me ages to learn only acrylics and fibreglass in college (only 3 hours a week) and I was still left with many questions afterwards,

So I think to have covered acrylics and gels in one day is amazing to be honest, I can't see how you are then expected to be able to learn everything, No wonder you are having problems babe :hug:

There is sooooo much help on here to point you in the direction of good training as it really is an ongoing thing, I love training, and get a buzz out of the fact I am not getting lost in the world of nail technicians in the dark,
But I learn as much as possible to pass this onto my clients.

It is really NOT recommended to mix and match products, most are designed specifically to work with only products in the same brand.

I buy my products from companies who I have trained with and who I can trust to help me if I get stuck.

I really hope it doesn't seem like I am nagging you lol, I am just trying to help get you on the right track hunny,
So many people quit this industry as they think they can't do it...
It's not that...they maybe just haven't had the right training for them :hug:

I didnt know that cuccio did an enhancement system. As far as I know they only do natural nail treatments.

well i brought it from southern beauty aparently its made by another company.. But i dont know. but it say cuccio acylic powder on it sooooo....

Take my advice ... buy your products from proper distributors and not the beauty wholesaler down the road (who sells to your clients as well).

You need more company specific training.
Do you have insurance to do nails?

It sounds as though you are floundering around through lack of proper training. One day is a nonsense and no way could you or anyone know what they were doing after such a short time, which is why you feel the need to ask these questions here on salongeek.

Those who taught you want shooting for offering 'courses' like this. It's not even a course it is a one day class with a taster of everything and nothing that will prepare you to work successfully in this industry. Sorry you have been duped by them in to believing you could.

Cheap short cuts and products are not the way to start a business if you expect to earn any money at it.

Well i did think the carlton institute seemed like a geniune place as i have paid to continue with my practising to get a hibc (i think its called) when i feel confident enought to be examined. Also it offers vtct registered certificates so i dont see how i was dubed.
I can appreciate i had very little training. But i do feel as i continue to practise my nails continue to improve..
As for insurance i have enquired as im already a qualified beauty therapist and want to go mobile, with salon gold.

Well i did think the carlton institute seemed like a geniune place as i have paid to continue with my practising to get a hibc (i think its called) when i feel confident enought to be examined. Also it offers vtct registered certificates so i dont see how i was dubed.
I can appreciate i had very little training. But i do feel as i continue to practise my nails continue to improve..
As for insurance i have enquired as im already a qualified beauty therapist and want to go mobile, with salon gold.

You wouldn't be the first person to believe they are paying for good training and then receive anything but...... One day is not enough training, and you really need to understand your products and the implications of mixing brands. You are risking service breakdown and allergic reactions - especially if you are mixing UV and non-UV products. Anyone who says their product will work with anything is only saying that to sell it to you.......

Also, practice alone isn't enough to become skilled and competant at nails - if you read Geeg's signature it says 'Practise does not make perfect - perfect practise makes perfect'. If you practice using incorrect methods all you will do is reinforce what you are doing wrong.

Ah im feeling really annoyed after my posts and reading the replies..
i can appreciate i would never be a qualified technician after one days course but im feeling on a proper low after every ones comments.
Im hoping with more research practise and advice a nd i can improve my techniques and can return to the carlton to get my ihbc nail extensions

Hi firstly Cuccio do a full range of liquid, powders, gels tips and manicure and pedicure products.
Secondly if you contact them on 01159753656 they will be happy to help you with product and training advice. I am sure they would be happy to make sure you have the correct product. :hug:

i can appreciate i would never be a qualified technician after one days course but im feeling on a proper low after every ones comments.
Im hoping with more research practise and advice a nd i can improve my techniques and can return to the carlton to get my ihbc nail extensions
if you practice alone you will never get there hun.

you need to do a proper training with a proper company.
whatever it is, search it here first to see what others thought of it. then go, with a real TECH who will explain you and correct you, and watch you again. this is the way to learn.

do u mean ihbc

oops yeah i ment that

Please dont lose heart, it really is a journey with nails and we all have times in the beginnng when we feel down. I did NVQ and only qualified in march. I doubt myself all the time because I am not a very confident person but then I do a real good set and feel on top of the world!!! Keep going hun!!!

Latest posts

Back