Acrylics still not sticking, please help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly I would question why you were taught to drain (waste) monomer on a lint free pad prior to picking up your powder. Very wasteful in my opinion and a completely unnecessary step.

Also primer doesn't dehydrate, you need a separate product to dehydrate prior to applying your primer.
So am I supposed to be using 2 different things first? Watched my video again and she definitely says use a primer to dehydrate the nail? Wish I'd never booked on with this company, they've been trouble from the word go :-(

so are you confident your product placement is not touching the skin around eponichium/sidewalls?
Yes definitely, when I first started I was too close but I feel pretty confident now with my placement.

@blossom If the course is super cheap, super short, chosen because it's 2 minutes from your front door etc etc. Then an adult should be able to use common sense and deduce they will not receive an oxford level of education. People should take responsibility for their choices & cutting corners in training seems rife on sg.

It's not the end of the world. People make mistakes. You can do crap courses and still end up fantastically skilled. But you have to have enough impetus to self teach & fix the knowledge shortfall - i.e. buying 1 core textbook & being motivated. Nothing the op says is beyond googling solutions. But she hasn't!

I am always respectful to others. I have not been rude to the op. It is unfortunately all too common for people to get upset when they don't get the response they want.

@blossom If the course is super cheap, super short, chosen because it's 2 minutes from your front door etc etc. Then an adult should be able to use common sense and deduce they will not receive an oxford level of education. People should take responsibility for their choices & cutting corners in training seems rife on sg.

It's not the end of the world. People make mistakes. You can do crap courses and still end up fantastically skilled. But you have to have enough impetus to self teach & fix the knowledge shortfall - i.e. buying 1 core textbook & being motivated. Nothing the op says is beyond googling solutions. But she hasn't!

I am always respectful to others. I have not been rude to the op. It is unfortunately all too common for people to get upset when they don't get the response they want.
I don't know if it's just how I'm reading your posts maybe it is but they're coming across really condescending and quite frankly very rude, I'm not trying to make enemies here. I spent ages searching for a company to train with and I had to travel over 2 hours to get there so it wasn't on my doorstep. I chose nextstep beauty as it was the only company offering all 5 systems and they had a special discount on at the time. In hindsight I wish I had chosen another company as next step have done nothing but let me down. And now I feel quite upset that I was asking for advice and now being ridiculed for it.

Yup true.

I had no idea what the course was- did I miss something lol?

You are always respectful :)

@OP was the course accredited at all do you know? If so I think you should report to the accrediting body how inadequate it is.

Was it super cheap?

Yup true.

I had no idea what the course was- did I miss something lol?

You are always respectful :)

@OP was the course accredited at all do you know? If so I think you should report to the accrediting body how inadequate it is.

Was it super cheap?
Yes it was acredited and they said I can get insurance with the certificate when I pass, to me it wasn't cheap £500 but I know there are more expensive courses out there.

It would have been easier for you, and for us, if you had put in the op that you were training/just finished training etc then we would all be able to understand properly and it would have saved a lot of confusion!

From reading briefly I would say your acrylic is perhaps touching the cuticle area therefore causing lifting. Possibly your zones too but can't tell for sure until you provide a picture

Cazdiane, this isn't directed at you, but at anyone looking at courses.
It is nigh on impossible to learn 5 systems in 3 days.

Willowrose really is trying to help. I don't know why. She must have more patience than I.

It would have been easier for you, and for us, if you had put in the op that you were training/just finished training etc then we would all be able to understand properly and it would have saved a lot of confusion!

From reading briefly I would say your acrylic is perhaps touching the cuticle area therefore causing lifting. Possibly your zones too but can't tell for sure until you provide a picture
I did say in the original post that I'd completed training, I never said I was qualified or newly qualified. I make sure that the product doesn't touch the cuticle and I always make sure I have removed cuticle from the nail plate.

And now I feel quite upset that I was asking for advice and now being ridiculed for it.
Please don't feel upset and don't stop asking questions, that's exactly what this site is for. Even with the best training people come away with questions, and sadly there are many, many poor quality courses out there who may well market themselves well, and you don't realise it's not top quality until it's too late. Its something we see a lot here. Some work their way through it using additional books, videos etc and some decide that actually they need to fork out for more training from a better source. Either way it's a pain for you unfortunately.

Regarding dehydrating the nail plate, this is an absolute must to avoid lifting. I believe the NSI dehydrator is Nail Pure Plus. This is not a primer. Each nail should be scrubbed with it, allowed to dry and then primer applied.

Please don't feel upset and don't stop asking questions, that's exactly what this site is for. Even with the best training people come away with questions, and sadly there are many, many poor quality courses out there who may well market themselves well, and you don't realise it's not top quality until it's too late. Its something we see a lot here. Some work their way through it using additional books, videos etc and some decide that actually they need to fork out for more training from a better source. Either way it's a pain for you unfortunately.

Regarding dehydrating the nail plate, this is an absolute must to avoid lifting. I believe the NSI dehydrator is Nail Pure Plus. This is not a primer. Each nail should be scrubbed with it, allowed to dry and then primer applied.
Thank you very much that is really helpful. I shall purchase some I have been using a nail and file antiseptic spray before priming, is that the same thing? I typed in dehydrator on salon services site and it didn't find any results.

Cazdiane, this isn't directed at you, but at anyone looking at courses.
It is nigh on impossible to learn 5 systems in 3 days.

Willowrose really is trying to help. I don't know why. She must have more patience than I.

How do you know it was 3 days? And how did willow know it was next step training? Am I missing a load of posts? [emoji53]

New Thank you very much that is really helpful. I shall purchase some I have been using a nail and file antiseptic spray before priming, is that the same thing? I typed in dehydrator on salon services site and it didn't find any results.
Antiseptic won't be the same. A dehydrator will cleanse the nail plate, but also temporarily remove surface oils which may interfere with product adhesion. Until you get your times up it may be better to work on one hand at a time.

Have you been spraying the nails with the antiseptic after the tips have been applied? If so it may have left a coating of some sort over the nail and tip which would lead to lifting.

New How do you know it was 3 days? And how did willow know it was next step training? Am I missing a load of posts? [emoji53]
Yes you are! Lol

My course was partly online and part practical so I had lots of videos to watch first to have some knowledge before practical training, then the training was completed over 3 days and now working on portfolio before review day where I will have exam so to speak and find out if I pass but the way it's going I'm not sure I will :-(
From here

I do know the terminology thank you very much for being condescending, I was just simplifying things as didn't want to write a massive long text from my phone and thought that the people on this forum would understand products I'm using without me being specific. I have trained with next step beauty and purchased the nsi attraction sampler kit on their advice and only the sampler kit in case I had the same problems which in deed I have. I was using salon services own branded acrylic powder and monomer.
And here

Wth ok lol thanks

How do you know it was 3 days? And how did willow know it was next step training? Am I missing a load of posts? [emoji53]

Yea u are! Go back. Loads

Antiseptic won't be the same. A dehydrator will cleanse the nail plate, but also temporarily remove surface oils which may interfere with product adhesion. Until you get your times up it may be better to work on one hand at a time.

Have you been spraying the nails with the antiseptic after the tips have been applied? If so it may have left a coating of some sort over the nail and tip which would lead to lifting.

Now I'm confused antiseptic??!!

Yes I have, after I have blended the tip, I use the antiseptic cleansing spray to remove the dust.

Latest posts

Back