Acrylics still not sticking, please help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that what they said to do on your training?

Yes I have, after I have blended the tip, I use the antiseptic cleansing spray to remove the dust
Ok stop using the antiseptic and get some Nail Pure Plus. Where do you currently purchase your NSI products?

Yes I have, after I have blended the tip, I use the antiseptic cleansing spray to remove the dust.
My spray just says cleansing spray, it's just isopropyl alcohol, it's because the trainer called it antiseptic so there's some confusion there.

Ok stop using the antiseptic and get some Nail Pure Plus. Where do you currently purchase your NSI products?
I purchased my sampler kit from capital hair and beauty

Who trained the trainers I wonder?

That could be your problem as it sounds like they're not adhering properly

Sounds like these trainers need training, never mind the students!! Jeez!!

Please don't feel upset and don't stop asking questions, that's exactly what this site is for. Even with the best training people come away with questions, and sadly there are many, many poor quality courses out there who may well market themselves well, and you don't realise it's not top quality until it's too late. Its something we see a lot here. Some work their way through it using additional books, videos etc and some decide that actually they need to fork out for more training from a better source. Either way it's a pain for you unfortunately.

Regarding dehydrating the nail plate, this is an absolute must to avoid lifting. I believe the NSI dehydrator is Nail Pure Plus. This is not a primer. Each nail should be scrubbed with it, allowed to dry and then primer applied.
Can I just ask...what dehydrator should I use if I go back to my salon services acrylic. Don't want to waste it if it is fine and it's just me that's the problem.

I have tested opi, cnd, mia secret, omega etc..even with their own monomer that comes with it.. They are all lifted with in one week
I even tried MMA monomer still lifted within a week.

As for product that works for me it is Youngs Nail acrylic system, clear, natural powder etc.. It is more expensive but it worked.
You have to go around the cuticle with the drill to get extra acrylic off the skin so when it grow out it doesn't catch and lift easy

anyway i hope that help

@slexnail. Don't be ridiculous. If they all lifted in a week clearly it's YOU not the product. There are plenty of us running successful businesses using them (well OPI and CND for sure) with clients that return after 2/3 weeks with little or no lifting.

And you should only be using the same brand monomer anyway.

I'll ignore the MMA comment in fact I'm wondering now if you're trolling.

What's with the "going around the cuticle with the drill to get ACRYLIC OFF THE SKIN!!" What a load of rubbish! No acrylic should be on the skin - please OP ignore alexmails advice.

The MMA comment made me slightly chuckle, I've got 3 clients who now come to me, I originally soaked off their lovely MMA sets, the stuff is like super glue, it didn't want to come off!! If you had trouble lifting with that, then it must have been in your prep or application

It's nice of alexnail to try and help but I almost had a heart attack when I read the mma part! I thought that was banned in the states? There's no way I'll be using that not with all the stuff I've heard about it and I don't like the idea of the drill as it can damage the nail plate, maybe when I'm a lot more experienced I'll try but I'd rather try manually if I can.

My spray just says cleansing spray, it's just isopropyl alcohol, it's because the trainer called it antiseptic so there's some confusion there.

Isopropyl Alcohol IS a cleanser so that is fine for cleansing and dehydrating - She is wrong to call this an antiseptic so its no wonder you are getting confused
. But this product should DEFIANTLY NOT be sprayed on. You should pud a small amount on a lint free pad and scrub each nail with a clean wipe and allow to evaporate before applying your primer

I have tested opi, cnd, mia secret, omega etc..even with their own monomer that comes with it.. They are all lifted with in one week

As for product that works for me it is Youngs Nail acrylic system, clear, natural powder etc.. It is more expensive but it worked.
You have to go around the cuticle with the drill to get extra acrylic off the skin so when it grow out it doesn't catch and lift easy

anyway i hope that help

Hi,
I've noticed that Alot of the posts you have commented on recently you have had problems with pretty much every brand you have tried for l&p, hard gel & gel polish.

Maybe you could do with a refresher to help you out or create your own thread to see where you are going wrong and see if other geeks can help you out?
Xx

Isopropyl Alcohol IS a cleanser so that is fine for cleansing and dehydrating - She is wrong to call this an antiseptic so its no wonder you are getting confused
. But this product should DEFIANTLY NOT be sprayed on. You should pud a small amount on a lint free pad and scrub each nail with a clean wipe and allow to evaporate before applying your primer
Thank you for your advice, I shall try this way

anyway i hope that help

Any brand of product would lift IF ITS NOT APPLIED properly. Now there's a thought. And you've kind of hit the nail on the head with your next line.. 'You have to go around the skin with drill to get extra acrylic off the skin.....' Well that's where your going wrong. It should never be touching the skin [emoji8]

I still learn things now whether it be from here, videos or books, Instagram etc and I completed my CND course 8 years ago! You never stop learning. To create nails that last takes time and skill. You will get it eventually, nobody is up to salon standard fresh off a nail course. Also I don't know if I'm just overly thorough, but your cuticle work sounds basic. I take around 45 minutes just doing cuticle work, using remover, a pusher, a curette, a file and scrub fresh

Haven't had any more humans to practice on so I've just done an acrylic nail on my nail trainer hand to show you to see if you can see anything in my structure. I didn't have much time so it is a bit rushed and my apex is a bit higher than I would usually do but here are my pics...on top, from side and down barrel of the nail.

Attachments

• 20160420_164806.jpg
    20160420_164806.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20160420_165318.jpg
    20160420_165318.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20160420_165352.jpg
    20160420_165352.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 75
Try the NSI nail dehydrator its great! Make sure its dry before you put your product on top of it.... The problem could also be in your tip glue if you are applying them... CND sealbond is the best Ive found for an adhesive... As far as acrylic product I use CND +retention this helps aide in the not sticking issue your experiencing... Hope that helps! Ohh and make sure you don't apply the nail cleanser or dehydrator where you are gluing your tip on... That is if you are using them. : ) I also like to use a cuticle remover by CND try and get as much build up off the nail plate as you possibly can and make sure you really SCRUB with the nail cleanser afterwards...

Sounds like these trainers need training, never mind the students!! Jeez!!
Try the NSI nail dehydrator its great! Make sure its dry before you put your product on top of it.... The problem could also be in your tip glue if you are applying them... CND sealbond is the best Ive found for an adhesive... As far as acrylic product I use CND +retention this helps aide in the not sticking issue your experiencing... Hope that helps! Ohh and make sure you don't apply the nail cleanser or dehydrator where you are gluing your tip on... That is if you are using them. : ) I also like to use a cuticle remover by CND try and get as much build up off the nail plate as you possibly can and make sure you really SCRUB with the nail cleanser afterwards...
I don't think there's any problem with my glue as that's the only bit that doesn't come off lol, but I will try everything else, thank you for the tips

Latest posts

Back