Acrylics still not sticking, please help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the clients nail beds are naturally oily they will lift. And you also need to avoid oils before application. Primer should work and or a dehydrator

If the clients nail beds are naturally oily they will lift. And you also need to avoid oils before application. Primer should work and or a dehydrator
I've never heard of this before and didn't know you could have an oily nail bed.
How would you know if a client had this?
If she is using NSI, she'll need a dehydrator and primer.

Sorry I posted twice I'm new to salon geek and am not sure how to reply to just one comment as you did [emoji53]

I'm sorry that article is absolute tosh. Please don't use a tabloid paper as a source of professional information :)

For starters, there would be no way of knowing if you had an oily nail BED or not lol. The nail bed is inside your finger, under the nail.

The nail PLATE, which is what we are concerned with, is rarely 'oily'. It is not common to have nail plates with an excess of oil, but for most people there will be natural oils present from things that you come into contact with, and a small amount that is naturally produced.

This does not cause nails to lift. Improper prep of the nails causes enhancements to lift, such as poor cuticle removal and improper dehydrating and cleansing.
This is why proper training, and correct use of products is important, as well as sound professional knowledge, such as using the correct terminology.

Latest posts

Back