Advertising Cards in Sainsburys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chez2k

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just had a phone call from a company regarding advertising cards for my business in my local sainsburys.

Just wondering if anyone has used this and if it brought any customers in?

Thanks

Cheryl

Sounds a bit dodgy to me, if you want to put a card in Sainsburys surely you'd just do it or Sainsburys would ring you not outsource it elsewhere? Why would they bother, it's a free service they offer.

I make it a rule never to buy anything from cold callers, if I want to advertise somewhere I'll investigate it myself and decide from there.

HTH

i dont no if yours is different to mine but there not anything to do with sainburys there usely a private company that supply the vending machines for the cards they can fine you about £200 for putting your cards in there:eek: id investigate to make sure

I make it a rule never to buy anything from cold callers, if I want to advertise somewhere I'll investigate it myself and decide from there.

HTH

Me too if they are cold calling then they are either trying to con you or they're getting a bit desperate for business, therefore what they are trying to sell you is naff.

Ok,

Thanks for replies.
I think I am going to leave it. Does sound a bit dodgy.

:)

I did something like this a few years ago in Tescos and it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. It was a 2 year thing but you paid for it all within the first 9 months - they were responsible for filling up the boards - everything went smoothly for the 9 months - no customers though but the cards were always filled up - after the 9 months they didnt care any more and eventually Tescos took the board down.

I did speak to the manager in Tescos but they said it was nothing to do with them.

Dont do it LOL!

Hiya, I think everyone else has said it all .... but my friend got sucked into this advertising thing at our local Tesco. It cost £10 a week for 2 years, and she got not one single penny's worth of business out of it x

As above really ... if in doubt, leave it out!

Ive had that call about 3 months ago hun but i never took it up it was very expensive and the person i spoke to was very pushy:|

its a very expensive way to advertise. I wouldnt recommend any of my marketing do it as you can get a lot more bang for your buck following other marketing activities. you need to think about who would walk past it and take your details. its a very low percentage when you think about it that way. steer clear and spend your hard earned money elsewhere is my advice.

tigi

Hi,
My advice is Don't do it. They are a private company selling the advertising space. We get loads of them calling for the business I run with Hubby. Yes it will be a 2 year contract, but they do get you to pay up well before the 1st year end. They always insist on Direct Debit too.
My advice to all of you who don't want to be hassled by these cold callers is to sweetly tell them " Thank you....but we have already over spent our advertising budget for this year. Please leave me your number, if we need your services we will call you" It gets rid of them for that year, but they will be back. Keep using the same line, eventually they virtually cease. I think they are on the look out for new businesses, I know they troll their way through yellow pages. So you free line entry can cause you that grief!!!
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Thank you all for your replies. I now know not to bother with this kind of thing.
I did think that it sounded a big dodgy and once she said me that it was a 2 year tie in I decided against it.
It did sound like a lot of rubbish.
Since I first posted this I have had a few phone calls from companies trying to sell me advertising! When I told of them that i wasn't interested he hung up on me - charming!

Thanks again x

My theory when it comes to advertising has been... where would I look for a beauty salon? I considered the things at sainsbury's and then realised I had read the cards in there once in my life... I'm usually in such a hurry to get home from the supermarket that i have my head down and march out, hoping none of my clients see me with greasy hair, no make up, screaming children and tracky bums on!!!
Good Luck!

Dont do it! Im a manager at sainsburys and we dont have anything to do with the advertising boards. If you want to advertise then just go into store and ask, as its a free service. Dont be conned into paying for anything like this!

Latest posts

Back