advertising mobile business in newsagents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
I just wondered, I was about to make up some little postcard size ads to go in newsagents tonight, with some example prices etc on, and thought I'd ask if anyone here has done it, and did you get any business from it?

I was thinking about putting a bit at the bottom like "quote code 55H for 10% off your first service", then putting a different code on each ad, so I know which newsagents they saw it in.

What do you think?

Well I think thats a wonderfull way to find out what areas are the strongest,I have not done this yet but I to was thinking about doing something like that but in the school news paper,I would really like to know how you go with it,and lets face it any ad is better than no ad take care minetta

Hi Ditzy

You're absolutely correct with your coding! Good thinking. Any advertising spend should be tested to make sure that it is working for you. There is no point, especially in these tight financial times, in spending money on advertising that just doesn't make the phone ring.

Not so sure about the 10% off though. I'd do it a little different. PM me if you want to know a little more.

Good luck :hug:

Hi there i have put 2 adds in my local newsagents but had no calls yet:|

Let me know how you get on with yours

I advertised in my local newsagent and they wanted to charge 2 pound a week as it was A5 sized (two postcards) they charge 1 pound normally... if you times that by 52 weeks and a few newsagents you'd be better off putting an ad in YP that goes to everyone's house... I used to be the only one in there with a website so they got to see prices that way too :green:

I have never had any response from ads in newsagents windows and it is way too expensive compared to other advertising.

I get most of my business from my website and that costs me about £40 a year !

I was thinking about advertising this way so let me know how it goes. could you just not ask where the client saw your advert maybe

I advertise in my local shop and he does not charge me a penny and that is leaflets on the counter. He said he would not normally do this but as i am a good customer that would be fine,
jennyx

My ad is half A4 size and cost 70p a week so not to bad

Sounds like a good idea about the coding.
I have found that when I did a leaflet drop with a £5 gift voucher added I actually got less people phone in response than when I just posted a leaflet, which I thought was very strange. So I don't put any monetary incentives anymore.

I advertised in my local newsagent and they wanted to charge 2 pound a week as it was A5 sized (two postcards) they charge 1 pound normally... if you times that by 52 weeks and a few newsagents you'd be better off putting an ad in YP that goes to everyone's house... I used to be the only one in there with a website so they got to see prices that way too :green:

This is a good thought, I actually was planning on advertising in several newsagents, that would quickly add up!

I will look further into the yellow pages I think.

Also now thinking about a leaflet drop for the more specific areas I want to target.

What about some of the internet sites which do free ads.

Scoot, freeads, etc

I tried advertising in shop windows did not pay off at all but what really helped was to put some adverts in schools staff rooms. That works really really well especially with headteachers :)

Latest posts

Back