Advertising your biz on your car????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm just looking for some advice.:hug: I am a mobile nail and Beauty therapist, and would like to advertise more to attract new clients. I was thinking of having some sign writing putting on to my car, has anyone tried this and if so would you recommend it? I need to find a company that does it, but I don't want it to look tacky:eek:

Thank You xx

This going to be of no benefit to you, I do not have branding on my car, yet LOVE seeing it on others cars: whether theyre plumbers etc, it keeps me occupied in traffic also it gets the name in the head....
good luck!

Not too sure where is best...but you need to inform your car insurance company before doing this :) x

Have you considered car wrapping or vinyl graphics? They can be very eye catching and look at least as good as painted graphics. Best of all, it is reversible when you either sell the vehicle or update the signage. Here is just one of many companies that do this Vehicle Graphics

You can buy the peel on/off ones from vistaprint very reasonably which is personally what I would try before going down the permanent route.

hth

H x

Mine is from Vistaprint, it's quite basic and is on my rear windscreen, but has all my details, email, web address and phone number, It was v.cheap. They also do the magnetic door signs, think small and large, they stay on well and are great value.

I would try these before you pay £100's to get your car sign written.:)

Alternative you could buy the letters and spell out your company and phone number on your windows, this would proabably work out reasonable.

Hi

Thanks for your reply's I will have a look into all of it. I will make sure it is easy to take off because, I am going to sell my Beetle shortly!!

I never even thought about letting my Insurance company know!! xx

best money I ever spent Ive got my facebook page and my number on mine ppl tend not to phone but remember the name and facebook from there phone instantly its a constant mobile advert. Mine was wrapped a good company will wrap it with excellent design. good luck xx

Apparently so :) my friend had advert on hers and it wasnt covered through her insurance and had to pick the stickers off one by one at roadside :( not good...im not sure if applies to all companies but best check to make sure :) good luck hun and hope gives you lotssss of clients! I think they look fab if done right xx

I had the company name and number splashed all over my car when I was a taxi driver, to get it off you just need to get your hair dryer on it and as you get an edge just keep rolling it up and keep the hair drier about an inch in front of your fingers.
That's who I'd ask as well, see a taxi with it done, ring them up and ask them where they got it done. Taxi firms usualy know where the best priced stuff can be got, we always did:lol:

I know somone with a really cool design on back windscreen, I was considering it, but glad I saw this because did'nt think about insurance and its not yet a year old so might invalidate my warranty eek! lol xx

You can get magnetic ones but they do have a warning on it. You have to take it off and wash it every day and the car plus they don't accept liability for any damage to body work. Granted that may just be the company that I saw.

I am considering getting something to put on the baby blinds that I have, that way people next to me when I'm at lights or in traffic will see. I won't have my rear windscreen blocked to ruin my vision either. If you are keeping your car and it is not on these PCP where you plan to get rid of it then put something on the body work.

One word of warning though, have you seen the vehicles that are sold and they have had advertising on them, even when removed you can still see the outline! This will probably reduce the value of your car.

Yes, as a few have said above if you are a mobile therapist you must inform your car insurance company, if you don't and you have an accident they will wriggle out of paying if they can. Mine only cost me another £8.00 for the year - obviously the cost depends on your car, your age and who you insure with etc.

Latest posts

Back