Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Im a new tech and would just like to hear of other peoples experiences.

My question is what is your best form of advertising what gets you the most phone calls??

Hi

Yell.com and word of mouth!

Definately word of mouth! You may try sending out clients with a handful of your cards, put their name on the back, and when 5 or so come in she gets a free fill. Thats worked for me some in the past.:green:

Definitely an active referral programme works. The only problem there is you need clients in the first place to have a working programme. Can be a bit of a catch 22. :irked:

There are literally thousands of ways to get new business. Nearly all of them involve having a really great offer first. Work on this. Something that is exciting. Something that will motivate your clients to call you. Something that the clients simply cannot get anywhere else.

Create that and whatever advertising medium you use and your phone should ring!

Hope this helps! :)

I've had great luck with a referral I rec'd here (Thank you!) for Brownbook dot net. Although a listing is free, I went ahead and paid $20 to enhance my listing and have already rec'd two new clients from it. Their customer service was outstanding too.
love, kelly

I've had great luck with a referral I rec'd here (Thank you!) for Brownbook dot net. Although a listing is free, I went ahead and paid $20 to enhance my listing and have already rec'd two new clients from it. Their customer service was outstanding too.
love, kelly

Well done Kelly :hug:

Perhaps pm Marc and let him know his site does work, lol!

I might just enhance my listing if that's how good it is!

Thanks for sharing

Sarah. xx

The majority of my clients find me on the Internet, both through yell.com and my salon website xx

90% from my website where they have done a google search, the other 10% from recomendations :green:

i know this might sound odd but i've had lot's of interest through facebook!

i posted a small selection of pics and my flyers in an album and hey presto the next day bookings!!

and best of all it's free

love, kelly

Thanks for your kind words Kelly:). I added a post on our blog here and if anyone wants to see Kelly's listing on Brownbook.net, its here.

All the best.
Marc.

but what about posting on sites like San Francisco Restaurants, Dentists, Bars, Beauty Salons, Doctors, San Francisco, CA Restaurant Reviews, Beauty Salons, Dentists, Preschools, Spas and more on Insider Pages San Francisco, or City Guides by Citysearch. Not sure if those sites apply to those "across the pond" but if you take a look at them, you may think of those that are similar. They are sites where customers can review your business...Many (including myself) go to City Search when I'm looking for a biz or restaraunt to give a try to.

I really like Lucy Locket's suggestion of Facebook. It's a new and upcoming way to advertise. Not sure what your budget is but I'd also try sites like DailyCandy - The Latest Fashion Designers, Weekend Events & Products - DailyCandy (I know they have one for the UK). They send daily email blasts about the lastest and greatest from beauty to vacation spots to volunteer organizations.

Also, I'd set up a website (either using a free website builder or one like Website Builder which is pretty cheap AND has smart looking templates to choose from). Then use "Google Words" to add all the "buzz words" that will help bring your site to the top of someone's search.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back