advice for new creative newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire k

Reaction score
hi everyone just a piece of advice please.i passed my final creative foundation monday:green: .what i didn't exspect was how many people would want their nails done ( friends and family) done my friend yesterday and took 4 hrs (my husband thought i'd been kidnapped) but she loved them,anyway a friend has asked me to do hers this afternoon and although i haven't seen her nails she says they r quite short but not really bitten just not alot of free edge,also they are flaking a bit.i was wondering how short do they have to be to prevent me fitting a tip?i am not experienced enough yet to attempt a form and hope to do more training in 2006. do i just offer her a free manicure and tell her ill try next week when they've grown a little more! shes desperate and has asked many times i don't want to let her down OR ruin her nails with my inexperience. thanks in advance claire k xx

You can fit a tip on to any nail plate provided the tip well does not cover more than half of the plate at most.
Adjust the length of the tip well if it is covering too much of the plate, by cutting some of it away with curved scissors.

thanks geeg for your advice again.i was hoping that is what you'd say. i just didn't want to upset any potential clients so early into my career:lol: . she saw my mams nails who was my model and was so keen for me to do hers,but i am a bit lacking in the confidence stakes claire k xxx

you sound like you are gonna do brilliantley especially if you are getting clients already !! dont strss and if you are unsure of anything just come on here and peeps on here can answer any questions you might have ;) good luck hun xx

Latest posts

Back