Advice needed acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paola

Reaction score
Hey everyone loving this site. Im after a bit of advice I have just started doing acrylic nails again after years of just using gel. I have got a big wedding this week and lots of nails to do. They all want french. I will be using tips not 100% confident with sculpting them yet its been a long time. So am wondering if I should use white tips and then pink acrylic over the top or create the white myself over clear tips. Do you find both just as strong? any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
Kirsty
xx

There should be absolutely no difference in strength - a tip with adhesive is a tip with adhesive no matter what colour it is.

I would not use pink liquid and powder over white tips as I prefer the white to be white.

I would do what you are more confident doing.

Just out of interest if doing L&P is out of your comfort zone, why not do pink and white gels?

hey... i find if using the white tips in acrylic that they at times might need an extra bit of strenght, so why not use a clear acrylic on the tip and fill in the back with a pink... so u have a stronger acrylic and a whiter finish, with a perfect smile line :)

Hi,
When I am using white tips I use clear powders for all zones. The natural nail bed colour shows through.
It would make it a whole lot easier for you to do, and quicker too.
Best of luck.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

hey... i find if using the white tips in acrylic that they at times might need an extra bit of strenght, so why not use a clear acrylic on the tip and fill in the back with a pink... so u have a stronger acrylic and a whiter finish, with a perfect smile line :)

i dont understand how this would make them any stronger ?

i dont understand how this would make them any stronger ?

hey, well u need 2 use some form of acrylic on the tip.... the pink over the tip will tint the white tip, so why not use d clear????

or even use the clear acrylic al over !!!

if u dont use acrylic on the tips the tips will weaken and split... !:|

great thanks for all your replys think I will go for clear acrylic over white tip. I do like the pink look but also like the white to be nice and bright. I do normally use pink and white gel but finding the acrylic is a lot stronger.
Thanks
Kirsty
x

hey, well u need 2 use some form of acrylic on the tip.... the pink over the tip will tint the white tip, so why not use d clear????

or even use the clear acrylic al over !!!

if u dont use acrylic on the tips the tips will weaken and split... !:|

i think i missunderstood your previous post.
you said that you sometimes find that when using white tips with acrylic , they need extra strength. i was wondering what you meant by that.

it goes without saying that you need an overlay with the tips.
the tip itself provides no strength at all it is merely there to provide extra length and a platform to apply the products on.the strength is entirely in the correct structure of the overlay.

i think i missunderstood your previous post.
you said that you sometimes find that when using white tips with acrylic , they need extra strength. i was wondering what you meant by that.

it goes without saying that you need an overlay with the tips.
the tip itself provides no strength at all it is merely there to provide extra length and a platform to apply the products on.the strength is entirely in the correct structure of the overlay.

Hey, im sorry i do not have the best way of putting words.... but thanks for putting it in better context for me... i will know for future reference.

thank u :green:

Hey, im sorry i do not have the best way of putting words.... but thanks for putting it in better context for me... i will know for future reference.

thank u :green:

s'o.k, i thought maybe there was some new thinking that i hadn heard of.:lol:
welcome to the forum by the way, i see you have newly joined.

Personally, I would sculpt pink & white or customblend if needed to camouflage or extend the nail bed.

you can use white tips and apply white liquid & powder over them and then fill zone 2&3 with pink, this way you use a tip as a guide, but if you are good at sculpting on the form - go fo it:hug:

you can use white tips and overlay using popits if there are a lot of people to treat, this will save you time, all nails will look the same and will be perfectly balanced. When I have to do Popits I usually use CND perfect pink or a mix with glitter.

good luck with the wedding:)

Hey everyone loving this site. Im after a bit of advice I have just started doing acrylic nails again after years of just using gel. I have got a big wedding this week and lots of nails to do. They all want french. I will be using tips not 100% confident with sculpting them yet its been a long time. So am wondering if I should use white tips and then pink acrylic over the top or create the white myself over clear tips. Do you find both just as strong? any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
Kirsty
xx

There should be absolutely no difference in strength - a tip with adhesive is a tip with adhesive no matter what colour it is.

I would not use pink liquid and powder over white tips as I prefer the white to be white.

I would do what you are more confident doing.

Just out of interest if doing L&P is out of your comfort zone, why not do pink and white gels?

I'm also curious re Fiona's question. If you are experienced and comfortable with gel who not stick to that for the wedding nails rather than using L&P? No doubt you will have many other clients who you can build up experience with L&P with but for an important event like a wedding I'd go with what you are most comfortable with, especially as it might lead to new clients? :hug:

I know I do make things hard for myself somtimes!! I have been practasing loads with it and feel confident with the actual application. Just wasnt sure what would give the best results white or clear tips. I am finding it a lot stronger then the gel.
Kirsty
x

I know I do make things hard for myself somtimes!! I have been practasing loads with it and feel confident with the actual application. Just wasnt sure what would give the best results white or clear tips. I am finding it a lot stronger then the gel.
Kirsty
x

have a play with tips and you will be able to establish what gives best results for you. do your own nails as this is the best way to check the lasting and the effect.

i have done not long ago one hand gels and one hand l&p on myself and found that L&P is best choice for me)

:hug:

have a read you will fnd this helpful - http://www.salongeek.com/training/15482-system-comparison-written-salon-magazine-gigi-rouse.html

Latest posts

Back