advice needed please - I want to grow my hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss lush

Reaction score
hi guys, please help me, im a beauty pro n not hair!!! ive bin trying to grow my hair for over a year now!!!! it doesnt seem to get anywhere!i got curly hair which makes it harder, n i do admit i do straighten it often, but i dnt like it curly its too short!! i tried weave in hair extensions but im sure they damaged my hair, so ive grown it out a little, but its just stopped agen!!!! please help me i want long hair!!!!!!!!!!

ooooh don't you find curly hair the worst to grow out? I feel like I've been growing mine my whole life and it's still not 'long' yet. I always give in and get it cut. I am not a hair pro but all I can say is hang in there. It's getting past the awkward stage that's the tough part. During these times an elastic and great products (personal fave: Joico Ice Whip) are my best friends. I stopped regularly straigtening my hair because I got a LOT of breakage and that made it harder to grow. Good luck and hang in there!

alex (a very curly haired geek)

i knw its sooooooooo hard!!! n my hair is really limp tooo, i jus gta do it!! anyone knw any good products to use???????????

I am 37 years old...I have been growing my curly hair 37 years...and it still only up to my shoulders :cry:

:hug: to all the curly-haired-non-growing-geeks xxx

i think us curly haired geeks should unite...LMAO

Mines the same hun,i had it short for years,have been growing it,and stopped straightening it because its bad for it.

Ive always used Kerastase,and then got introduced to Aveda...never looked back and i use both brands.

Keep perservering:hug:

Nioxin really helps with hair growth problems. You may think it only helps scalp problems but the hair comes from the scalp and Nioxin stimulates the scalp for healthier growth and stimulates it at the same time.

I had my curly hair grown out to my middle of my back and then had it all cut off to just under my chin. That was less than a year ago and I have been growing it out since...it is now to my shoulder blades again when straightened out and just past my shoulders when curly.

some just have slow growing hair and the older we get, the slower it grows. Try nioxin .

I am 37 years old...I have been growing my curly hair 37 years...and it still only up to my shoulders :cry:

:hug: to all the curly-haired-non-growing-geeks xxx

OH NO! I've lost all hope! Mine will never get past my shoulders either!!!! How many times have I heard, "Once it gets to a certain length the weight will pull it down"????? NEVER happened! Plus I have enough hair for about 3 people!

PS - In 'makeovers' (ie. shows, magazines etc...) why do the curly haired girls always get straight hair?

Nioxin really helps with hair growth problems. You may think it only helps scalp problems but the hair comes from the scalp and Nioxin stimulates the scalp for healthier growth and stimulates it at the same time.

I had my curly hair grown out to my middle of my back and then had it all cut off to just under my chin. That was less than a year ago and I have been growing it out since...it is now to my shoulder blades again when straightened out and just past my shoulders when curly.

some just have slow growing hair and the older we get, the slower it grows. Try nioxin .

oh no!! im not da only one!!!!!!!!! hey JDs where can i get nioxine from? do i use it or take it?? lol havent got clue wat it is!!! thx for advice guys!!! xxxx

Miss lush~ It is a shampoo and conditioner. It is made for peeps who have scalp and hair problems such as yours and worse.

I know I have posted about it before and a few geeks on here actually do use it and swear by it. Do a search and see who has gotten it as I am not from the UK area. :D
It will be sold in the professional hair stores.

Miss lush~ It is a shampoo and conditioner. It is made for peeps who have scalp and hair problems such as yours and worse.

I know I have posted about it before and a few geeks on here actually do use it and swear by it. Do a search and see who has gotten it as I am not from the UK area. :D
I like therapro better than nioxin- personal pref. though. The scalp stimulator doesn't seem to leave the hair as scratchy feeling. They also have great support products to prevent breakage.

Alas, I'm another curly haired geek, only my hair grows like a stinking weed, I think nothing of cutting 6-8 inches off at a time- 6 months it's back. I haven't ever managed to get it past the middle of my back, I get irritated and off it goes- usually while I'm out of town at a hairshow, my husband never knows who's coming home! I'm going out of town this weekend- we'll see!!

Never heard of Therapro?? Who makes it? I would be interested in looking into the ingredients of it.

hey guys thx for the help, ive ordered sum nioxin products, il let u know how i go with em!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Hey Miss Lush :)

I am not a hair pro, so not too sure about all the products but I have been growing my hair for the past 2 years! I have curly hair:) and have now given up straightening it and I just go with the flowwwwwwwww:!::!:
Anyway when I was growing from the awful stage (ears) I just had to look bloody awful until it was long enough to put into a pony tail. As soon as it went into a pony tail I kept it in their and added a clip on hair ponytail piece. (i had to as the small little tuffty original ponytail looked pathetic:cry:)
I kept it like this for ages just letting it down at night for a good wash & condition. Eventually it got so that I didnt have to wear the hairpiece, but it did really help my awful hair look funky at the time:)

mediceutical is the manufacturer of Therapro, when I get to work tomorrow I'll see if I have a web addy for them. They also make antiseptics and skin treatments. The ingredients are pretty similar, but I haven't checked them against a nioxin bottle in quite some time- I may have to do the same!

Never heard of Therapro?? Who makes it? I would be interested in looking into the ingredients of it.
Ok, it's made by MEDIceuticals a division of Dermatological Research Laboratories, J. Cannon Incorporated, Fort Worth Texas. They did not have a web adress, but did have a customer service number- 1-800-433-2903. They have been at major industry functions for cosmetology schools and instructors handing out samples and information, possibly if you contact them they would send you samples and support materials.

We used to use Nioxin, it is a great product, I just didn't like the finish- the hair felt "scratchy" or rough to me. Personal opionion though. Therapro seems to be just as effective for the growth stimulator, I think it leaves the hair feeling more pliable and less rough. Nioxin is more difficult to get in our area than Therapro also. Unfortunately, our distributor choices are somewhat limited and not all are available except by mail order only.

I have to say, I started using this after you recommended it in another thread and both scalp and hair are fab now.:hug:

BTW, I am also a curly geek and my hair is over half way down my back; mind you, I'm only 5' 2"! I find I have to cut it about this length as it starts to look a bit "witchy". If I leave it, it will keep growing though.

I think I found the website...

Change Your Life With Therapro MEDIceuticals

Will look more into the ingredients. Doesn't seem to be "natural" like Nixion though.

Edit: Okay so half the website is under construction and the other half for professionals , you need to call them to recieve a password of their choice..grrr.

I have to say, I started using this after you recommended it in another thread and both scalp and hair are fab now.:hug:

BTW, I am also a curly geek and my hair is over half way down my back; mind you, I'm only 5' 2"! I find I have to cut it about this length as it starts to look a bit "witchy". If I leave it, it will keep growing though.

glad I could be of help to you. :hug:

I got some Lee Stafford shampoo and conditioner and treatment for hair that doesnt grow! Its been amazing! I too have not been able to grow my hair and now it's growing like mad. I had 4 inches cut off then started using this and its almost where it was again (but better condition) after the summer. I also started taking vitamins for hair, nails and skin and this might of contibuted too. The price is very good too.

Never heard of Lee Stafford professional Hair line. Must be something that is only over in the Uk area?

Latest posts

Back