Advice on client's skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie girl

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a client who is getting married in a month and she has a problem with her skin. It looks like a hive rash, small red spots all over body but is not really itchy. She has had all sorts of treatment to get rid but its been no use, she has even had allergy tests but still no good. I'm a bit stumped TBH!! Any geeks out there got any idea?

Many thanks

It sounds like urticaria to me, has she seen a doctor? it could be a reaction to something. Anti histimines could help if it is xxx

Am only passing on info that I have received from Andy..(Axiom) about this sort of thing. I stress I am not a skin geek.
Anti-histamines. Sudocrem.
They worked for me in a similar situation when I begged for his help (an absolute darling in my time of need I must say:hug:) but my problem was to do with waxing so maybe hers is a little different. There is something in Sudocrem (I'm unsure what it is - maybe zinc?) but it did help me get rid of the problem x
hth

Thanks for replies, shes seen doc on many occassions but no joy. She has had i a while. Tried antihistamines-no good but dont know whether she has tried sudocrem. Will put it to her, poor thing panicking about skin for the wedding.:Scared:

Has she been referred to a dermatologist? It sounds like she needs to see one.

Has she started using a different wash powder/softener,different soaps etc?

If it were foods,or something requiring anti- histamine then the spots would be very itchy.

Tbh the Dr should refer her to dermatolagist,it sounds like it could be a nervous reaction to the wedding,if thats the case then maybe she could try reflexology or relaxation techniques.

I went through a terrible time a few years ago with a very blotchy,itchy neck.It was very red and I took a course of Piriton for several weeks before it cleared up.I still dont know to this day what caused it,I did nothing different,ate nothing different but it was quite awful.I think it may have been down to sress,stress can play havoc on our bodies.

Your client could try Darphin's Intral Balm which contain Camomile and is excellent for calming skin irritations, reducing redness and inflamation.Hth:hug:

It sounds like urticaria to me, has she seen a doctor? it could be a reaction to something. Anti histimines could help if it is xxx

I have had urticaria and it itches like mad so I don't think it is this, but could be wrong. Could it be acne rosacea?

I have had urticaria and it itches like mad so I don't think it is this, but could be wrong. Could it be acne rosacea?

Yes.. I've got to admit the advice I've got was from itching like you wouldn't believe.
Hello. I've been sat here with 2 teenagers with a sudocrem beard.

How much am I expected to take... from those lovely little boys that I brought up to be honest..and true... and say:lol::lol::lol: hey mum you look some kindof weird Santa??!!
I did it and took it.
I swear it won't happpen again :lol::eek:

When I had a bad reaction to some eye cream (the skin looked like it has been burnt) the Doc prescribed Aveno Body Lotion (I know but it works on the eye lids too). It has coloidial oatmeal in it. I also had a Dermalogica mask with coloidial oatmeal and that helped as well.

Latest posts

Back