Advice on Nail supplies website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhanced-Barbie

Reaction score
Hey :)

I went to a womans expo today and came across a couple of ladys selling tons of nail art stuff (I get so excited about that kinda stuff hehe). Then they told me that they are actually a website and that they have everything you need to do l&p, gel, any kind of nail art etc.

Ive just had a look at the website and it looks great, but the prices are pretty cheap so I am wondering if they are really professional products like the ladys told me...

I asked if the products are mma free and they said yes, but I dont know how to tell, so I was hoping if some kind ladys from here could have a squizz for me and tell me if they are worth trying out?

The website is Nail Art, Acrylic Nails, Gel Nails, Glass Nail Files, Nail Technician Tools - Mika J, Nail Supplies

Last edited:
ah yeh, if we had a link we could. I think I know the site you may be talking about.

ah yeh, if we had a link we could. I think I know the site you may be talking about.

Omg how stupid am I, lol. Sorry its there now :)

Had a look, but it does look a little thrown together and not very professional.

I'd rather stick with a well known brand than one i haven't heard of, but thats just me.

They are only selling in Aussie though.

Had a look, but it does look a little thrown together and not very professional.

I'd rather stick with a well known brand than one i haven't heard of, but thats just me.

They are only selling in Aussie though.

I agree, my 15yr old could make a more pro looking site!

They are or supply an ebay shop.

I have purchased a few things from the mikaj site. But not acrylics/gels etc. I have purchased some buffers, manicure bowls etc. And have always foun them to be really fast and efficient and the things i have brought were what i wanted. I actually just emailed them last week as im looking for some tiny cuticle oil bottles, she answered my questions really quick and are going to try find a supplier to supply theses sometime in the future. She seemed really nice. Im sure if you had any questions she would happily answer the..
Oh i wish i had of gone to the beauty expo(bugger)lol..How was it??

They look like a very very basic operation.

The type of place that I might get a few glitzy nail art bits from, but really when you're talking about the kind of chemicals needed for enhancements, those should really be bought from your more professional distributors. You can't be sure that the people running the site know the difference between good and bad quality product or between fake or real product.

Then again for little bits, like the odd bowl, box of glitzy jewels and other things, little websites can be quite a find.

Thanks for the replys :)

Where abouts in NZ are you from k&j?? The Womans Expo was really cool! There were stalls on everything imaginable that might interest a Woman for her beauty, health or wellbeing.
A competition at most stalls too!

I did speak to the lady for a while and she said that her products are generic 'no name' ones imported from USA. But she did say she uses them with no problems, but as with any products, should be played around with for a bit to get used to them.

I'm not worried if the website isnt a master piece, this is quite usual for small NZ businesses and that doesnt always mean crappy products.

I will definately be collecting their range of tools and nail art equipment, I got a couple of things at the expo, the little playboy sticker decals are supurb quality, as are the foil strips.

But yeah, I am a bit wary on the acrylic products so i'll have to have a think about that bit.

I am In Edgecumbe lol so not to far from you.. Yip pretty normal for NZ websites hehe. I will definatly be purchasing quite a few of there nail art things, buffers etc in the near future. They have quite a few neat things. When i have ordered from there site in the past ive recieved my order pretty much the next day. Im always looking on there site because unfortunatly we dont seem to have many NZ nail sites we can purchase from..

Cheers

Oh wow Edgecumbe ay, I lived there for a while last year, was working in Whakatane (not as a nail tech)

Thats great to hear that site is reliable, I really cant wait to have the finances to jump on and go wild hehe.
Have you tried their tools? Just wondering about the quality/sharpness etc.
And I'm guessing you havent tried the chemicals?

Im a Whakatane girl, but was cheaper to buy a house in edgecumbe so here we are..Im not sure about the sharpness of there tools and have not purchased there powders etc so cant really say anything about them. Are you going to be starting up from home or something sorry to be nosy just thought id ask. I trained with Debbie Taylor (NZ Nail Academy) in tauranga and use entity products she has just become the only nz supplier of Nfu-oh products and have a hole range of things and pretty good prices. Im not sure what those products are like but someone on here is bound to know..Cheers

Hey :)

I actually just got made redundant, so am just building my collection of things at home. I plan to open my own nail bar some day, but would prefer to work in a nail bar or salon until I'm ready.
Looks like I am going to have to go back to office/admin work for a bit as there are no nail jobs going in my area, so Ill start doing some clients from home while I do that or ill go mad!! But nothing serious for now.

Yeah I just registered with Debbies website so am now able to go and purchase their stuff,.but with no income I'm kinda scared to be looking at MORE nail stuff. Ill be having a good look in a couple of weeks though, but my partner is a bit wary of all the packages turning up in the post :lol:

Latest posts

Back