Advice on training courses - any replies muchly appreciated!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scattynat254

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Firstly, I love this forum. I've been visiting as a guest for months and finally signed up last night after deciding to finally realise my ambition of being a super nail tech. So I'm looking at courses and the like now and would just like some advice - NSI or Creative? They both seem to have their supporters and I would just like some input. Basically, at the moment I work 9.30 to 5.30 in an office, and the local colleges are only offering courses that run 26 weeks for 1 year. NSI's course in Manchester is over two weeks, two days over each week, and I can manage that no problem with using my holidays. I am willing to practice, practice and practice some more, and will be eventually (perfectly enhanced fingers crossed :wink2:) taking up the sculptured nails course (cos they're my favourites). Creative are sending me some info but I'd just like some help from you guys seeing as you obviously know what you're talking about!! Hope to be on her soon showing you all some pics of my handiwork!! x

Welcome to the geek. People on here are so so nice
xxx

Thanks dingbat!!! x

Welcome to the site hun :)

I just booked my foundation course with Creative today (YAY!). Not heard (or looked into) much about NSI, but I wanted to be Creative from the start and finally I will be!!! The training is quite far from me, but it'll be well worth it :)

Hth's

xx

Hiya i am currently a teacher thats runs a teacher training course for liquid nails and from personal experience of running the classes you would need a minimal of six days to cover everything in enough detail. Although i would say out of both of your options for your training colleges i would say creative would be more beneficial without promoting my own company of course! :lol: Creative do tend to go over things system by system where as my college tends to teach u an intensive liquid nails business course in which u learn 6 systems and nail art with air brushing so it depends on what u expect from a course. :)

I also start my creative course in august and cannot wait. I would recommend creative, I know a few pple who have done this course.xx

Hiya i am currently a teacher thats runs a teacher training course for liquid nails and from personal experience of running the classes you would need a minimal of six days to cover everything in enough detail. Although i would say out of both of your options for your training colleges i would say creative would be more beneficial without promoting my own company of course! :lol: Creative do tend to go over things system by system where as my college tends to teach u an intensive liquid nails business course in which u learn 6 systems and nail art with air brushing so it depends on what u expect from a course. :)

What are liquid nails?

I have trained with Creative, NSI, and Ezflow
out of the 3, although all 3 were good, i would rate Creative the best and this is the one i stay with hth :hug:

thanks chick - i've been on this site for the last three hours looking at all the nails in the nails critique section - hope one day i'm that good!! think i'll b ok, am a bit of a perfectionist with my own nails (prob why haven't got any on at the mo ....) so wouldn't want a set that i did for someone else to look rubbish!! x

The creative training was fantastic for me ..... Very hands on, small classes and very personal HTH's

Helps loads - thanks!!! x x x I think I'll be phoning Sweet Squared tomorrow ....

hi everyone i have trained with colleges for nails but am looking to do a creative conversion course plus master classes i live in liverpool but would travel does any one know were i can find a web address or a number searched the internet for months can't seem to find anything HELP XXX

hi everyone i have trained with colleges for nails but am looking to do a creative conversion course plus master classes i live in liverpool but would travel does any one know were i can find a web address or a number searched the internet for months can't seem to find anything HELP XXX

For Creative training call 0845 210 60 60 and they will sort you out!

So ... I talked to Sweet Squared this morning (actually spoke to Jinxx - she's lovely lol) and I am definitely doing the Foundation Course ... Just a quick question, she said it's three days initially, then two days a few weeks later, each day a week apart? Can anyone tell me why the course is structured like that? Thanks muchly in anticipation! x x

So ... I talked to Sweet Squared this morning (actually spoke to Jinxx - she's lovely lol) and I am definitely doing the Foundation Course ... Just a quick question, she said it's three days initially, then two days a few weeks later, each day a week apart? Can anyone tell me why the course is structured like that? Thanks muchly in anticipation! x x

The first 3 days cover the theory and techniques that you need, you then have homework/practice until the fourth day. On the fourth day you take a live model with you and then have more homework and on the fifth day you have your exam and practical assessment.......

The gaps are to allow you to work on what you've learnt in class and refine your technique.

hth's

Helps loads guys thanks!!! One last question before I drive you all (and myself lol) nuts ... So I've decided I'm definitely doing the course as I said before, and want to try and get a head start on preparation - can anyone suggest reading materials and things like that to assist? From a previous thread I saw "Nailclass" by the lovely Gigi (genius by the way!) so I've ordered that, but is there anything else that would help? Thank you again!!

x

Welcome to the forum scattynat :)
I am thinking about doing a nail course as well and creative seems to be the most popular although my lecturer at college recommended NSI to me.

I am not sure whether to do a course or do my training at college first and then do a conversion course

Hi Sky!!

My options are pretty limited as I currently work full time. Just wish I'd made this decision ages ago :( and then I wouldn't be stressing about which course to do! Of course not stressing as much now that I've decided to do the CND course and I can't wait!!! x

Latest posts

Back