Advice please - best fitting/flattering jeans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a pair of black jeans that are stretchy, comfortable (don't dig in when you sit down), have a decent sized waist (to hold the muffins in), straight legged and not too expensive.

I don't expect miracles and know I won't look like a supermodel but something that would smooth the lumps and bumps and hold the podge in is what I need!

Do you have the secret to the perfect pair of jeans? Please? X

I like them high and stretchy I like per una ones from m and s but I'm in my 50s.

Asda Wonderfit!!! They're literally amazing!!

I was recommended them during fashion week by Gemma (Bella Vie) and they're fab.

Super comfy, look like proper jeans but they're mega stretchy. I honestly can't recommend them enough.

Jeans are a funny one. I cannot for the life of me wear per una jeans or Next jeans as they are too wide around the waist in comparison to my huge thighs (see recent pic on friends thread). The best fitting jeans for one person won't fit another. My hubby can't wear Levi's but looks great in Diesel. The only jeans that truly fit me well are Tesco! I've tried Levi's and other proper jeans brands to no avail. My Tesco jeans don't last long but they're only about £10 a pair so I'm not bothered.

You just need to spend a day going round a shopping centre trying on different brands to see which suits your shape best.

I was recommended them during fashion week by Gemma (Bella Vie) and they're fab.

Super comfy, look like proper jeans but they're mega stretchy. I honestly can't recommend them enough.

Was interested in this so just checked online and they're all out of stock! They must be good!

There was a website that had all the advice on selecting the perfect pair of jeans for your shape, but I can't remember what it's called! There is also a shop in Bath where they will find you the perfect fit. I will try and find it and link.

I like them high and stretchy I like per una ones from m and s but I'm in my 50s.

I want high but not too high as they end up looking like maternity jeans because of my pot!

Has anyone tried primark jeans?!?! I get them there all the time, yeah they need replacing more but for a while (6-10 months) they're great!! Stretchy but not to stretchy, high but not high waisted! I love them and they're only about £11 I think! Highly recommend!!

Has anyone tried primark jeans?!?! I get them there all the time, yeah they need replacing more but for a while (6-10 months) they're great!! Stretchy but not to stretchy, high but not high waisted! I love them and they're only about £11 I think! Highly recommend!!

I tried some but found them too low in the waist and too tight - I would have to go up two sizes of my normal size. Jeans are just so weird! What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another so it seems! X

I like Dorothy Perkins ones!! But there are different ones within the shop as well but the style I like fits well

I can only wear topshop, they have loads of different styles/fit/materials I love the Joni ones at the min! Xx

There was a website that had all the advice on selecting the perfect pair of jeans for your shape, but I can't remember what it's called! There is also a shop in Bath where they will find you the perfect fit. I will try and find it and link.

I've found the website http://www.ilovejeans.com/

But I can't find the shop in Bath. I'm pretty sure it was in a little covered shopping alley known as The Corridor, but I can't find it on Google maps anywhere or a normal web search.

Second this, I saw these reviewed in a mag before they were released and literally stalked all the Asdas in my area to get my hands on a pair. They are fab, so stretchy, so comfy and so flattering - I'm a real hourglass and they do wonders for my thighs! The only downside with mine is I find they crease quite easily, I can never get more than one wear out of them between washes like I do with normal jeans.

I swear by Next jeans, as they come in a longer length, which suits me. They have such a good range of styles and fits, too, stretchy and rigid.

The Asda ones sound interesting, though, if they're long enough in the leg for me? I don't like low rise jeans, as you're left always trying to haul them up if you've had to bend down/over. :irked:

I find it hard to get long jeans in size huge (20). A lot of shops seem to think that most bigger girls are short not 5'10!

I have Sainsburys boyfriend fit jeans which are ok for my podgy middle and chunky thighs.
I also have some Mantaray ones which are nice and slouchy. But I don't like them clingy, I like wriggle room in them

I like, the asda wonderfit, asda the great bum and tum, Gok wan and littlewoods curvalicious.
I'm a 14/16 and they all fit lovely. Gok in a medium and wonderfit medium, bum and tum 14 and curvalicious 14 :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I like Dorothy Perkins jeggings, they have pockets on back so look like jeans!
Just bought some from river island today! They are low rise which I'm really not keen on but loved the colour and length x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396647750.306507.jpg
These were a comfortable fit x

Latest posts

Back