Advice- Should I Rent The Table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littletoys

Reaction score
Hi geeks...... im needing a bit of advice- i know ultimatley only i can make the decision but i need guidance:
My local salon wanted me to rent a table from her when i passed, i was really up for the idea. However i went to see her yesterday and told her i had but she didn t seem bothered at all. So i asked her straight if she still wanted me, obviously said" oh yer, yer"-but i was not convinced.
Initially she said it would be up to me what days i worked, what prices etc. She said she already had a nail station and she would also advertise for a few weeks before. But now she has said only friday and saturday and that i should only charge £15!!!!:eek: for a full set. Now i know im a newbie but really do you geeks think £15 is fair?
She has also asked me to do all the adverts for the shop then said" we will see how it goes"........
At the minute im in a crappy job mon-thurs mornings only but it is bareable- do you think i should go it alone- home/mobile?
Sorry to ramble and thanks for reading!:)

hi there, as you have just qualified i would take up her offer as this will give you experience and charging £15 is low but if you have any problems like lifting etc. the price will reflect that you have just qualified, it would be better for you to do your own leaflets as you will put the right info down. it's hard to get clients so mobile/working from home would take a lot longer to get going. so maybe just see how it goes for a while and you can decide whether it's the right decision. very best of luck.

Hi geeks...... im needing a bit of advice- i know ultimatley only i can make the decision but i need guidance:
My local salon wanted me to rent a table from her when i passed, i was really up for the idea. However i went to see her yesterday and told her i had but she didn t seem bothered at all. So i asked her straight if she still wanted me, obviously said" oh yer, yer"-but i was not convinced.
Initially she said it would be up to me what days i worked, what prices etc. She said she already had a nail station and she would also advertise for a few weeks before. But now she has said only friday and saturday and that i should only charge £15!!!!:eek: for a full set. Now i know im a newbie but really do you geeks think £15 is fair?
She has also asked me to do all the adverts for the shop then said" we will see how it goes"........
At the minute im in a crappy job mon-thurs mornings only but it is bareable- do you think i should go it alone- home/mobile?
Sorry to ramble and thanks for reading!:)

Huni IMO i wouldnt go with these she seems like a little bit of a messer.And do not sell yourself cheap as you have put hours of study and work into what you do £15 is too cheap i think £25-£35 is a fair price for a set of nails. I think your deffinalty best to go it alone offer either home or mobile whatever is easyest for you, trust me you will earn 100 times of what you would of earnt in the salon especially with that price.xx hths

When you start cheep you get all the clients who are looking for cheep and the moment you raise you prices, you loose the clients because they go for the next cheep deal.
I would do an introductory offer of £25 for the first 10 or 20 bookings that you take in the first month with a deposit paid at time of booking.
You are renting space from her not working for her and she has no right to tell you, what to charge, what product to use or anything else.
I was in this situation and when I left the shop owner told everyone I stole her customers:eek: She didn't even pay for the client cards, go figure.
If I were you I would take a walk around the town and see which salons already have a nail tech and which don't. Then I would ask about renting in hair salons, tanning studio's etc where there aren't any nail tech's on your door step.
Its your business that you want to grow not hers but thats just my strong minded opinion:lol:

thanks for the advice. Susie you are right- she seems to be regarding me as an employee....
i have to go and see her on wednesday- so i will have a look around.

cheers geeks:hug:

If it doesnt feel right to you dont do it. I had the chance to rent a room doing beauty but i turned it down in the end cos something just wasnt right about it. If you went mobile you could do fri/ sat and still keep your other job until you have built up your client base a bit, then you can charge what you want maybe with an introductiry offer. And you will have no one to answer to

Latest posts

Back