Advise Client to go elsewhere???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi

I have a real prolem with one of my clients, well two that live under the same roof.
I have tried everything on their nails, fibre glass, tip and dip, Brisa and Acrylic.
They both get loads of lifting and there nails just ping off right before their eyes.
They think they are being good when they use cuticle oil a few times in between appointments and never listen to me when I tel them to use it a few time a day.
One is going through the change anf the other one is about 7 months pregnant but she wont admit it..... strange but true... she is in denial.
My prep is good, I am appling the acrylic at the right consistancy, use the one two three thing and in my mind I know it is their faults. BUT they are getting me down as I am doubting me work.

My other clients are all fine and I had tip and dip extensions on for 4 weeks and no maintenance, no lifting, just repainted and filed down.

Shall I tell them to try someone else as they have been moaning about their nails to people in my local?

xx

well they can try someone else, but I would hazard a guess that their hormones are the culprit! If you tried every avenue and your work is normally fine then yeah recommend them to try elsewhere, but I don;t think they'll get any joy.

I have even showed them my other clients nails and my own. They are doing my head in and I realy cant be bothered with trying to defend myself all the time.

Then don't babes....I had one like this...drove me nuts. In the end she stopped having them done...fine by me. Whenever i told her that i get no probs at all with any other clients she used to look at me like i was lying. I told her just what the problem was...nails too long, looks after kids, huge energetic dog, heavy handed, always in a rush, leaves it 6 weeks between appointments....she was like..."but i never had these problems with the other place that used to do them"....(NSS...with MMA...no suprise there then)...in the end i just found (fortunately) that i couldn't fit her in (he he he)...and she gave up. xx

I think i would advise them to forget enhancements until their hormones have improved and focus on natura nail care.

I think i would advise them to forget enhancements until their hormones have improved and focus on natura nail care.

Yep same here - why not get them to have regular manicures until they are back to normal? xx

Thanks Angie

Tried to give you some reps for your brave thread on amber but must have give you some recenty cause it wont let me just yet.

Sending you hugs instead for making me laugh so much!

:hug::hug::hug:

xxx

Thanks Angie

Tried to give you some reps for your brave thread on amber but must have give you some recenty cause it wont let me just yet.

Sending you hugs instead for making me laugh so much!

:hug::hug::hug:

xxx

No probs hun...i thought your idea on natural nail manicures was very good. x

sack em mate.

nails are a 50 / 50 partnership, no matter how fantastically you can apply the product if they are refusing to do home maintenence then you cant help them.

Bad mouthing in the local is BAD !!! I wouldnt want them as my clients.:eek:

Hi

I have a real prolem with one of my clients, well two that live under the same roof.
I have tried everything on their nails, fibre glass, tip and dip, Brisa and Acrylic.
They both get loads of lifting and there nails just ping off right before their eyes.
They think they are being good when they use cuticle oil a few times in between appointments and never listen to me when I tel them to use it a few time a day.
One is going through the change anf the other one is about 7 months pregnant but she wont admit it..... strange but true... she is in denial.
My prep is good, I am appling the acrylic at the right consistancy, use the one two three thing and in my mind I know it is their faults. BUT they are getting me down as I am doubting me work.

My other clients are all fine and I had tip and dip extensions on for 4 weeks and no maintenance, no lifting, just repainted and filed down.

Shall I tell them to try someone else as they have been moaning about their nails to people in my local?

xx

AH! I really feel for you, I had a client just like this always complaining that one of her nails just "fell off " and apparently she never even used that finger:eek: . I think suggest nicely that they try another tech (chances are they won't) Big :hug: to you, don't feel low, some people are just sooo hard to please.

Oh by the way, the client doesn't come to me anymore and I'm quite glad.

Teri x:)

Hi

Thanks for all of your advise.

Just to let you know that she text me yesterday and said was there anychance I could do her nails as they are falling off.......... I said no as I was busy! Normally I would have rushed round there but I said I could only fit her in on Wednesday when her appointment is.

I am going to advise her to just have manicures until her hormones have settled down. If she wont budge then I will apply a new set of acrylic overlays and tell her that she is going against my advise so it is her own fault if they FALL OFF....

Do you think I should try another system on her? maybe one is better than the other when hormones are involved??

xx

Yeah, I agree get them to have regular manicures and get there nails in good shape... Why is your friend in denial about being pregnant???

Hi

She is off her head. She has an obvious baby bump and she is also glowing! She will not admit she is pregnant, she hasnt even got a boyfriend, but that does not mean she is not getting any! Im convinced and so is everyone that knows her, if you saw her bump then you would see what I mean...... she is very strange....

xx

Hun if she really thought it was your fault dont you think she'd have gone elsewhere by now? :green:

Hun if she really thought it was your fault dont you think she'd have gone elsewhere by now? :green:

I never even thought of it like that, makes sense!

xxx

Hormones schmormones!!! I have done hundreds of pregnant and menopausal ladies and not had these problems with them. Retention+ bonds to Keratin whether one is hormonal or not!

Minkus took the words right out of my mouth! You do not need their negative energy. Tell them you do not think THEY are the right type for nails and that your recommendation is a soak off and manicure ... wait till you see their reaction ...! It will tell you a tale which is that they do not look after them at all.

Latest posts

Back