Advise re training needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan7775

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new to this site - it has been recommended to me by a lady in the industry as somewhere to get advice.

I have not yet undertaken any training in nail extensions and i've been shopping around and come across a course run by Top Talons. It is a 1 day course covering acrylics and gels. Before I part with any cash I wondered if anyone has heard of this company and can recommend them or give me any feedback on them at all?

I would like to be a nail technician as no 1 i LOVE to have beautiful nails myself and no 2 I am in desperate need of a second income. Can you tell me please

what are the most popular nails at the moment i.e acrylic/gels?

What service do you provide that is most popular and you recommend that I obtain some training in? I.E Shellac/Mynx etc

Any advice at all that you can recommend to a beginner like me would be greatly appreciated as I dont have much money to set up and need to hit the ground running so to speak.

All the best

Megan

There are 100's of threads on here about good and bad training. Invest your time on reading as much as possible before investing your money!

One thing I will tell you now though is that a 1 day course for 2 systems is definitely NOT the way to start!!

Use the Search facility and happy reading

Hiya, I have not heard of this training accademy, but would say that 1 day even to cover just acrylic ( L&P ) or gel is still way too short, and wouldnt be able to give you enough knowledge to continue your learning after qualifying, I would do a searh on this forum under training, and read through the threads, there are many, and this will give you the mest idea of the top educators tog o with. Better to save for a while longer than throw money away on a course that won't teach you properly, good luck in your search, and welcome to the very addictive salon geek! xx

I would (as said above) search around on here and decide which brand you want to use, then find out about their training. I made the mistake of training with a company without researching the products first, and have since paid for more training to convert to a better brand of products. Good luck, you'll love it! :)

Thanks for your responses,

This is the link to the site that Im refering too.

http://www.toptalons.co.uk/courseDetails.asp?CourseName=FREE acrylic and UV gel nail technician courses

They use Nuveau products - are they any good?

The course is run from 9am - 6.30pm which is why they say you can learn both acrylics and gels.

Please would you take a look at the site and see what you think?

that link doesn't work for me.

I would definately check out all the threads regarding training on this site - I've just left a similar message on another post :hug:

For the record, I haven't heard of them, nor have I used that product...not much help am I :hug:

Latest posts

Back