After todays events xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
After todays events I have had it confirmed that all you geeks are just the best kind of friends anyone could ever wish for.......David was the first to call me just after it all happend to check that I was ok....bless ya babe xxxSamantha cheers babe for caring and did you get to your meeting in time ???Glorias emotional phone call, my good she had me going too....

I want to say thanks for all those PM's, all the SMS's that I eventually got and I am still getting some now lol ,the phone lines and the mobile network where down and restricted for almost the whole day here in central London.........It was so frustrating as there was no way to let any of my family in germany know that I was ok....... They know that the Liverpool Street and Aldgate area are my daily travel route...........but geek site did it again, as Stefanie aka Nailsinmuenster is my niece she could check here on the site if there was any news.... and there was happy news, so she could then pass the message on that we are all OK ...................
You guys make me go all wobbly inside when I think how much you all care xxx
This is not just a website this is a family, MY FAMILY !!!!!

Just pm'd yah to se how ya are...before I saw this!!!

Goddammit Roofie... you got me at it again :rolleyes:
Have been mega stressed with assignment deadlines the last 2 days, so was anxious to start with, then clicking on here and reading the awful news was a mega shock and had me in bits!
First thoughts were for you & David, then a friend in Canary Warf who I still cant get (Hope hes away or summat).
Ive been on here all day (sad I know) but you guys are what keep me sane in an isnane world.
Hugs to everyone especially those directly affected by today! :hug:

Its a very special thing we have here...if it could be bottled we'd all be rich and the world would be a nicer place.

Lovely thread Ruth and I am sure I speak for everyone when i say that you and David and all the other geeks being safe and sound is at least one thing we can be grateful for.

Thoughts and prayers for the ones who were not so lucky and there family's. July 7th will always be remembered and the people who lost there life's.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not being particularly geographically clever when it comes to London, you were my first thought, swiftly followed by the Acton guys, but I know they are West London so fairly unlikely to be affected :rolleyes: Spoke to Jacqui Messer and they're all OK.

I've never quite worked out where you are but thought you were near the main problems somewhere :|

I'm so glad you're OK and that your family in Germany were able to find out you were safe so quickly - it broke my heart to see all the messages on Sky News of people desperate to hear from their loved ones.

Take care Ruth, don't let the bastards beat you and distrupt your business, but equally, be vigilant and safe :hug:

Trin
xx

im so glad you and the other london geeks are ok, my heart and thoughts are with all who have been effected by todays nightmare, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: , big hugs to everyone

Glad to hear you & yours are all ok was woried about you hun. x

love ya loads.

Gutted for everyone who has been affected in some shape or form and my prayers are going out to them
x

Lovely to read ya Ruth. Much love to you and yours. Please pass on my love to David too. xxxx

Definately big hugs from me ruthie ... so chuffed to see ya :)

:hug: :hug: Jo xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruthie so glad that your ok down in the city.
What a community we have here, Makes you go all warm inside to know so many care xxxxxxxx

i heard about the goings on in london from my hubby (ive been so busy getting my products made etc) that i didnt see the news

im so pleased that you are ok - it must be terrible for you

i cant imagine what it must be like for you - (this might sound awful (not meant to tho) but im glad i live where i do) we dont have this fear to contend with

any ruth pet - IM SO PLEASED YOU ARE OK:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

YES SO PLEASED YOU ARE OK BIG

CAZ XXX

I didn't post on the earlier thread - what was there left to say?? But I really feel part of something here, and the London Geeks were in my thoughts today. I have a London based friend that I haven't spoken too yet, I'll track her down tomorrow.....

You are a special group, and I'm glad I'm part of it.

Ruth I am so glad that you and your family are well...I was so worried about you all today and just pleased to peices that you are okay...words can't express how my heart is just torn to peices for you all. When I heard it was the work of terroists I couldn't help but think about how those sick people attacked us a few years ago, but we survived, we pulled together and we are now a stronger country in spite of...the same is true of you all. They think their acts will divide, but it just ends up bringing everone closer together....THE TERROISTS WILL NEVER WIN!!!!!

i am really glad to hear that any geeks from london are ok , its just horrendus whats happened, god only knows how you feel seeing all that carnage :hug:

ruthie
i was so relieved to eventually get your txt yesterday.
i was travelling home from southampton with paul, we'd been to the oasis concert on wed.
on any other day, i would've come straight online and told everyone what a wonderful day we'd had...
gerrard staying at liverpool
watching the live announcment of the olympic bid coming to london
laughing & joking to ruth on the phone immediatly afterwards about how old we will b in 2012...
experiencing the oasis concert....
spending precious time with my husband...
then we turn the hotel tv on b4 we go to breakfast, and all that fades into insignificance.
i often work in central london, doing session work, using those lines.
my immediate worries were with ruth and a few of my clients who work in the city.
it was worrying when we couldnt get through, but im glad to say that all my friends have been accounted for.
it could've easily been so different.
my thoughts go to everyone not so fortunate.
liza xxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
After todays events I have had it confirmed that all you geeks are just the best kind of friends anyone could ever wish for.......You guys make me go all wobbly inside when I think how much you all care xxx
This is not just a website this is a family, MY FAMILY !!!!!

Oh Ruth how true, so true this is!

The geeks on here have a very special way of touching our lives, our hearts and our souls in so many different ways.
To believe in the friendships is to believe that people do care and they really, really do care here in the crazy world of nail geeks.

Just wanted to echo what Ruth had said that you really are the most nicest bunch of people I have ever come across. Last night as we drove my friend home the streets were deserted which are usually heaving in Islington and was so eerie. Today, things are getting back to normal, people are going about their day to day activities showing we will not be intimidated or scared by these cowardly bastards. I think the medical staff and emergency services did an excellent job and although we recognise the work they done to save so many lives and treat people, I only hope and pray that the government take on board what they have done and continue to do and they dont have to fight to get a decent payrise and safer working conditons. Thanks again for all your messages and support........GEEKS ROCK.

Safe and Sound Ruth.Good to hearxox
Prayers for ALL involved

XX J XX

NailStyle said:
Its a very special thing we have here...if it could be bottled we'd all be rich and the world would be a nicer place.

Thoughts and prayers for the ones who were not so lucky and there family's. July 7th will always be remembered and the people who lost there life's.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'll second that, I'm across the pond, and I've managed to become attached to my "geeky" friends!!!

Latest posts

Back