Ahhhhhhhhhhhh im so fed up!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailcouture

Reaction score
I am so fed up of my VTCT course at college. The trainer called yesterday to say that her car had broken down and that our class will be cancelled. That now leaves us with 5 lessons left to do 6 assesments and a written test!!! How is it possilbe to pass, it;s not going to be now as we dont have enogh lessons to do everything in.

I have parted with £500 for this dayum course, ( excuse my language) and i should have gone wih my instincts and not done it via them.

I am oh sooooooo complaining to VTCT, trid to make a complaint to the college today, and they didnt want to know to cut a long story short!

We have had to pay £200 for a substandard kit, with half the things missing, and as for the lecturer...............don't get me started on that!!!!!!!!

I am just lucky that i have done training before and have loads of my own products.

The salon within college that we are training in, is a real health and safety risk. The plug sockets are one enourmous cords that drop from the sealing!!

I could go on but thanks for lettingme have my rant..........:evil: :Scared: :irked: :sad: :confused:

nailcouture said:
I am so fed up of my VTCT course at college. The trainer called yesterday to say that her car had broken down and that our class will be cancelled. That now leaves us with 5 lessons left to do 6 assesments and a written test!!! How is it possilbe to pass, it;s not going to be now as we dont have enogh lessons to do everything in.

I have parted with £500 for this dayum course, ( excuse my language) and i should have gone wih my instincts and not done it via them.

I am oh sooooooo complaining to VTCT, trid to make a complaint to the college today, and they didnt want to know to cut a long story short!

We have had to pay £200 for a substandard kit, with half the things missing, and as for the lecturer...............don't get me started on that!!!!!!!!

I am just lucky that i have done training before and have loads of my own products.

The salon within college that we are training in, is a real health and safety risk. The plug sockets are one enourmous cords that drop from the sealing!!

I could go on but thanks for lettingme have my rant..........:evil: :Scared: :irked: :sad: :confused:

Learn with a company who lives, eats' breathes nails... I am sorry you feel you have had your time wasted (sure sounds like it too) see if you can some how get your money back??? Become the biggest P in the A to hit their corridors and maybe it will happen!

Trust me I can be a p in the a when ready, but all of us students have complained to the wholesalers of the kit to the head lecturers etc and we are just hitting brick walls all the time.

I was going to train with Ketan in ealing as that is the closest CND to me, but they don't do the new NVQ specific. So i am going to contact Tracy in Essex i think as Milton Keynes is too far and so is Sailsbury.

All i want is good quality training that fits in with my work, and the new NVQ specific!!!!!! Why is it so dayum hard to find!!!

I should have booked with Ealing so long ago, but i thought i would do this after i had got my VTCT, and build on everything. I have done soooooo much research etc on everyone, and it always comes back to creative. I don't even know why i wasted my money cause i knew via my instinct that it was going to be like this.

I do a study class with the other students at my place every other week, and we have learnt more together doing that than actually in college. What is that about?????????

Anyway thanks Mrs Geek for your reply, and no fear Creative Academy Training will be getting my hard earned money from now on!!!!!!!!!:Love:

Sorry i am really trying not to rant to much but i am just sooo fed up!!!!!!

All i can say is to anyone new,

Don't bother hun!

I had the same as you and wrote 1/2 dozen letters and all were ignored!

Our course was a complete waste of time, effort and money - just put it down to bad experience!

Philippa - chill kiddo;) Everything happens for a reason but if you need us, we are here for you! :hug: You sound well hacked off:Scared: I am glad I'm not your college lecturer :evil: ;)

nailcouture said:

Hun im doing a vtct at the minute too and believe dont get me ranting too. My lecturer only passes herself this year (well last now) and didnt even get her vtct certificate through til about September!! Ive wasted my time and money too, roll on easter when I will be training with Creative!!!

Thanks ladies for the support,

You know why i get so mad is because if i ever did my job so hap hazard as they have, i would get the sack. But my own work ethic won't even be susstandard in what i do.

Ill call Ealing and see when the next course is and just register with Tracy for my NVQ.

I was so ill before and out of the business for a number of years and now i am well enough to get back to it, i just don't want to be jerked around and not at a cost of £500.

But yes i am putting it down to experience.:D

As for being my lecturer Mrs Geek, id rather have your husband for nail classes, and you for marketing classes............:D

Much luv ladies...............xx

Contact Tracey Leja at Loughton direct on 0208 787 7040. You can do both your Creative training as well as any NVQ assessments there.

Yeah thanks Chris, as stated in my previous thread i shall be doing that tomorrow.:D

Yeah my VTCT college course was a waste of time too.

When it started in September, nobody was told that all pupils should already have been qualified in manicure. As I was, I had the next 4 weeks off while the others learnt manicures - IN 4 WEEKS!!! HERE'S ME.........!!!!

Anyway, when I came back after Halloween, we waited 1 hour for the tutor - who was apparently the 3rd one they'd had - tried to find us.
She didn't have a syllabus to teach from and no teaching qualifications - they had just pulled her in from the Nails Inc bar in Debenhams!!!!!

She was great, God love her, but no-one was giving her any support at all.

9 weeks into the course, we hadn't even started on nail tipping yet and she had to get through l&p, gel, fibreglass, and nail art. We only had til May!!!

So I just gave up in the end and didn't go back, cos it was a waste of 3 hours on a Monday night, especially when you are trying to run your own business!
I didn't get any refund, but luckily I hadn't bought any products, cos they were faffing around and dragging their feet on that too!!!

Now I'm home learning with Essential Nails adn it's great! They are so thorough and they have time for you and your work.
Sorry about that long rant, but when i saw that so many people have had the same experience as me, I had to get it out!!!

Love, love, love!!!!

Just a thought guys but with so many of you having the same experience, why don't you get together and 1 go to tradeing standards and 2 hire a lawyer to get your money back. £500 each is a lot of money to chuck away.

nailcouture said:
As for being my lecturer Mrs Geek, id rather have your husband for nail classes, and you for marketing classes............:D

:o :o :o :o Bless ya! ;)

Hi Phillipa,

Welcome to the world of VTCT ! I've had some rants about them on here too whilst doing my Manicure and Pedicure course and I'm still waiting for one of my certificates for a course that I completed in December '04 !!!!

I have sent both the College and VTCT letters of complaint, but no response. I fight a good fight, but I've decided that I'm probably not going to get anywhere with this one. It's not like they don't about it, I know loads of people who have written to VTCT direct to complain, but you don't even so much as get a response. Always claiming that they never received the letter / email.

Most of the people on this site who have done a VTCT course (in any shape or form) all over the country have complained about the quality of their course and the tutors. My advice would be, if you can avoid it, don't do a VTCT course and rather save your money and do a course with a reputable company who cares.

River

I did VTCT as well and passed in July 05 and not had my cert yet - i feel like I have wasted my time effort and money as I feel I did not learn rnough - I know I did an evening course, butr I have learnt so much on here and I still feel like I have a long way to go yet - i want to know how to spot contra indications and know more about the structure of the nail and skin to be a total professional.

I am seriously thinking of going to another colleg when I can afford it that does a better course in NVQ or City and Guilds so I can be the best as I feel Peterborough College and VTCT let me down big time. I have nearly given up nails as I thought I was not good enough, but realise it is my training and naiveity as well.

louisehartje said:
I did VTCT as well and passed in July 05 and not had my cert yet - i feel like I have wasted my time effort and money as I feel I did not learn rnough - I know I did an evening course, butr I have learnt so much on here and I still feel like I have a long way to go yet - i want to know how to spot contra indications and know more about the structure of the nail and skin to be a total professional.

I am seriously thinking of going to another colleg when I can afford it that does a better course in NVQ or City and Guilds so I can be the best as I feel Peterborough College and VTCT let me down big time. I have nearly given up nails as I thought I was not good enough, but realise it is my training and naiveity as well.

I did my VTCT now I had some problems with the Mani & Pedi course and but I got throught it and I felt I learnt

I did advanced nails with a college I'd had good reports about and they were fab learnt loads the only problem I had wha in getting my certifcate they forgot to send off for mine with everone else but I got it in the end so not all colleges are bad

Susie H said:
Just a thought guys but with so many of you having the same experience, why don't you get together and 1 go to tradeing standards and 2 hire a lawyer to get your money back. £500 each is a lot of money to chuck away.

Seconded.

I've just had a 25 minute conversation with my local Trading Standards office, they're helping me with a problem I have with my mobile phone contract - they've been brilliant so far, very helpful. It would definitely be worth you calling them (or you can fill in a form online and send it to them).

Also, if your college is a council controlled one, I'd contract your local council and explain it all to them - I'm sure they must have some responsibility in the way that it's being run.

Good luck :)

I have a level 2 qualification in Cosmetic Makeup with VTCT. The level of tutoring was frankly crap, disorganised, rushed and when we queried that we hadn't actually learned about camouflage and corrective techniques we were told, well it's an intensive course (35 weeks is not intensive in my view!) and you have to do a lot of reading up on your own. Duh-uh NO! The reason I did this course was to be taught and learn, otherwise I could have saved my time and money and just read a book in the first place. My piece of paper that is my certificate is meaningless to me.

Then I did a one day private VTCT course for facials giving me the NVQ facials unit qualification. It was made clear that there was a lot of pre-reading to do and exam papers to complete before the course started so you started with a knowledge of the basics. I knew the tutor was a hard task master and wouldn't pass you unless you deserved it. She used to teach at our local college but left because she was so disenchanted with the tutors just passing off any old standard. I feel I learned more in that one day course than I did in that whole year I spent going to a weekly evening class. When I passed I was over the moon, it really meant something to me because I knew I had to reach a high standard to get it.

Oh and Fareham College is always winning awards for its excellent standards etc!

Thank you ladies for all your support. Unfortuantely the saga goes on.

We were supposed to have our written exam last tuesday, but the lecturer called us to say that the class was cancelled as her car had broken down. We now have 5 classes to do 5 assesments and a written course. So there basically is not enough time, so none of us are going to pass!!!!!!!!!!

Contacting trading standards is a great idea and i hadnt thought of it so thanks. I am going to get all the other students that feel the same way in the class to all complain together as it might add more weight.

Some of the students havnt even got all of their kit so have been unable to practice certain things, and after contacting the wholesalers they dont want to know as they have had soooooooooo many complaints from us all. As for college they haveno supplies let and are not getting anything else in!!!!!!

I am just putting it down to experience though.................so heres to 2006 learning with Ceative.............:biggrin: :Love:

Thanks again for all your support ............much luv..P........xxx

So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with it. Must say I have done level vtct 2, and level 3 nail technology, also nail art. Nail art I completed in June, and only just got my certificate on Friday!!!

Also the advanced level 3 course should have been 24 weeks, which the college then made it 12. Found this really hard going with the theory and working and family etc etc. However, praise goes out to our tutor Carole Whitehead who realised how tough it was and was so supportive to us all. You need a tutor to be dedicated and enthusiastic to get you through it. I would write firstly to the college principle or whoever in charge, also send copy to VTCT. You spend your time and money wanting to achieve your goal. I hope you get it sorted.. Best wishes, Karen xx

Karen,

Thanks so much for your comments.............i guess i should clarify a bit. It's not VTCT that i have an issue with i guess, but more the college and the lecturer. BUt then if VTCT have anything to do with it in terms of sitting in and seeing how we are taught or the conditions that we are taught in, then yes i do have an issue with them on that part.

But as i say i have put it all down to experience........they gave us 18 weeks to learn all 3 systems and sculpting with l&p and gel, and do all the a&p etc. To be honest i have taught myself alot and learnt more from the other courses that i have taken or from the tutorials from here.

I am loking foward to learing much more though with creative and other techs.

Latest posts

Back