Airbrush problem !Advice please..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissa

Reaction score
hi girls and guys !
I AM DOING AN AIRBRUSHING COURSE WITH EN (sorry caps on) All is going really well following dvd step by step BUT when i come to put the top coat on it takes the paint off to leaving bare spots !!

here what i do
1.medea base coat
2.medea air brush paint for design
3 i let it dry (have tried leaving it for 15 mins no change)
4.airbrush medea varish bonder
5.meadea paint on sealer

i leave them for well over 15 mins to dry
when i put on the top coat it takes the paint off have tried making it thin, not repeating strokes
i called en they said to let the paint dry i have done this but still the same pro please help me it's really frustrating to lose a good design :cry:

hi girls and guys !
I AM DOING AN AIRBRUSHING COURSE WITH EN (sorry caps on) All is going really well following dvd step by step BUT when i come to put the top coat on it takes the paint off to leaving bare spots !!

here what i do
1.medea base coat
5.meadea paint on sealer

when i put on the top coat it takes the paint off have tried making it thin, not repeating strokes
i called en they said to let the paint dry i have done this but still the same pro please help me it's really frustrating to lose a good design :cry:

You have to be very careful to float the top coat over the design.
So ever so lightly drop your top coat onto the nail and rest your brush on top of that drop and glide the top coat over the nail.
If you apply pressure and drag the brush over the nail then you will ruin your paint work because the top coat has made the design wet.
Feather light touch hun:hug:

are you using a top coat made for airbrush? you should be able to apply top coat right away, there is no need to wait for is to dry.

are you using a top coat made for airbrush? you should be able to apply top coat right away, there is no need to wait for is to dry.
yes all the products are the same i will try not to drag the top coat like a nail varnish !

Is your paint too thick on the nail?

You have to be very careful to float the top coat over the design.
So ever so lightly drop your top coat onto the nail and rest your brush on top of that drop and glide the top coat over the nail.
If you apply pressure and drag the brush over the nail then you will ruin your paint work because the top coat has made the design wet.
Feather light touch hun:hug:

Deffinately as susie says, i had the same problem to begin with untill i kind of drizzled the top coat on and them only used very light (little preasure) strokes to even it out. HTH

i also use medea products and one of the main things i do is make sure i dry the paint well with the airbrush as im doing the layers and then again once ive finished the design.you may already do this but if you dont it could make a huge difference.x

hi girls and guys !

here what i do
1.medea base coat
5.meadea paint on sealer

HI I done this course great fun, anyway I was also having the same problem, I found i was not covering the finished design with the airbrush sealer correctly (i also use medea stuff). Once i coverd it with the airbrush sealer was ok to put topcoat straight away, dont give up:)

Latest posts

Back