Airbrushing ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandaxmx

Reaction score
hi all ....
just quick question....

im just aboout to do my airbrushing course and am starting up my own little home run nail business ( once all paperwork comes through) ... but was just wondering do any of youse actually get good use of the airbrushing or is it not very popular???
and if you do use it how much roughly do youse charge for airbrush design ??? ...
cant wait to get it started then my next aim is the stunning minx to add to my list :) ...xxx:)

I have to say no-one has ever asked me for airbrushing, Im not sure it's that popular. You may get a rare few clients wanting it, but to be honest I'm not sure it worth going out spending loads of money on something you wouldn't use that much!

Just my view x

DAMN!!!! ... haha wish would of known that before i parted with me cash :( ohwell im sure ill be able to talk a few people into having it done :) ... hopfully :)

Hiya

I agree, I was thinking about it to help with white tips and fancy artwork but most of my clients are into simple white tips or a coat of colour with a bit of free hand.
Its up to you. I would suggest you use your stuff to the max – try out some designs and advertise on it to your clients. That way when they see it they will go for it!

Always make use of what you got!

No one will go for anything unless you tell them to! If you like and wear airbrushed nails and designs yourself then your clients will. I have been airbrushing my whole career and still do. I display my designs where clients can see them and am careful to have them arranged so there is something to suit everyone - conservative designs along the top rows, colour fades in middle then wilder designs at th ebottom.
I do all my french with my airbrush and it is roughly around the same price as a french, then I go up depending on time.

I do it all - do you think clients just walk off the street and ask me for xyz? when they come in for french they get airbrushed, they can see the designs and the converstaions starts, when they come in for nails they get pink & whites then I talk to them about custom blending. Running a successful business is about knowing your clients

Good luck with your course and have fun with airbrushing

The answer for me is no. I promoted til I was blue in the face but it just isn't the kind of thing my clients have ever gone for. That is why I am selling my airbrush and compressor.

I dont understand how can they not go for it if you do not give them a choice? If you want a french with me then its airbrushed :!:

I dont understand how can they not go for it if you do not give them a choice? If you want a french with me then its airbrushed :!:

EXACTLY ... we always did French manicures with the airbrush ... the clients got it whether they asked for it or not .. that is how we did it. They soon asked for colour fades etc.

We did all coloured tips with the airbrush too. They lasted til the next rebalance and then we changed the colour so quickly ... none of this silly permanent coloured tips that techs do now adays!!! Takes so long to change the colour when the truth is the client does not want permannent they WANT to change the colour .. I can't understand why techs these days make work that is so simple, so hard for themselves and then don't get paid for all the extra hard work they do ... ??? Nuts in my humble opinion.

Geeg, are you saying its better and quicker to airbrush the french white on instead of using white powder and rebalancing?

Geeg, are you saying its better and quicker to airbrush the french white on instead of using white powder and rebalancing?

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that if a client wants a French manicure painted on her nails, then we always airbrushed it on.

For clients wanting a permanent French service, we did the enhancements using pink and white powder.

For clients who want to change the colour of their tips on a regular basis, I would airbrush the tip colour as it is much simpler and quicker to change than doing permanent colour.

ummmmmmmmmm sounds good to me. so do you think airbrushing is still in then? weres the best place to get a gun and compressor from theN>?

Airbrushing haS ONLY EVER BEEN IN for those prepared to use it and market it to their clients.

There are more alternatives now that are also easy and less expensive to invest in .. like coloured gels ... used for semi permanent tip colour.

Ive done airbrushing & it looks fab. I think nail art is becoming more popular & if you promote it, Im sure you will earn your money back!! Also with alot of the airbrushes you can do body art so you could even market that for childrens partys etc good luck x

I like airbrushing if it's done nicely, fast way to do crisp smile lines for a french and very easy to remove for infills. Sloppy airbrushing where there are thin spots or missed sides looks very tacky or airbrushing over nails that are too thick also looks tacky as it casts shadows.

I love airbrushing on my french manicures, however, I find that the white goes a little yellow for some reason. Any ideas? with my EN airbrushing course we are told to spray the sealant onto the design then top coat. Is that all you really need to do to stop the french chipping off?

thanks

Sarah xx

I love airbrushing on my french manicures, however, I find that the white goes a little yellow for some reason. Any ideas? with my EN airbrushing course we are told to spray the sealant onto the design then top coat. Is that all you really need to do to stop the french chipping off?

thanks

Sarah xx

Poor quality paint? Not using a UV resistant top coat?

Chipping is usually caused by the paint being sprayed on too thickly in my experience. Sealant, Top coat or not, the white may chip if sprayed on too thickly or not completely dry before you seal it. I have personally never used a spray on sealant as I prefer a brush on application.

Last edited:
ok reading everyones posts, it seems like airbrushing has alot of stress that comes with it lol
so do you guys think its better in the lng run to use a good quality polish for a painted french as it lasts longer and doent yellow like some airbrush paint??

I use the cloud white medea airbrush paint. I think I could be spraying too thickly!!!!! inexperienced I'm afraid!!!!! yup, I completed the EN airbrush course with a distinction, but I haven't managed to sell any airbrush designs yet, but I have only just started to be fair. I am definately going to airbrush my frenches and coloured tips. Thanks geeg for your advice

I use the cloud white medea airbrush paint. I think I could be spraying too thickly!!!!! inexperienced I'm afraid!!!!! yup, I completed the EN airbrush course with a distinction, but I haven't managed to sell any airbrush designs yet, but I have only just started to be fair. I am definately going to airbrush my frenches and coloured tips. Thanks geeg for your advice

AND .. trust me ... if YOU wear a simple, effective, beautiful, 2 or 3 colour fade your clients WILL ask for it. Keep it simple and classy and they will want it. Simple and classy makes you money.

would it be posibe to use a clear tip then airbrush a smile and then cover this with acrylic? will the acrylic bond to the paint?

Latest posts

Back