Akzentz and heat spikes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips_n_toes

Reaction score
Okay, I have been trying out the Akzentz line and find that on most of my clients it BURNS:cry: . Not just a little like it sometimes will if gell runs or is applied to thick. but they pull thier hands out of the lamps like they are on fire!!! i have even tried painting a very thin coat on and get the same results.

I know the first thing that I am going to get back is over filing...this happens even on a fresh set that has minimal filing.

I was just wondering if any of you out there had this problem and how you dealt with it?

I am ready to toss out this gel. A nail service should never be painful it should be relaxing!

Looking for everyone"s advise!:lol:

Are you using the correct lamp specified by Akzentz? just like l&p the best results will not come from mixing systems. Use one system from start to finish to ensure best results.

I think some clients experience burning whatever gel you use, as some clients have sensative nail beds.

If a client experiences burning, I ask them to remove their hand from the lamp until the burning stops - this usually only takes 2/3 secs. When they return their hands to the lamp, the buning sensation has gone.

Hope this helps

I use Akzentz and rarely get this at all.....its about learning how your gel works...I know 100% if and when it will happen....thin, damaged nails and applying the gel too thick....Both of these can be avoided with thiner layers and just more of them.

If you are still unsure then holding the nails near (not in) the lamp so the light is just shining on them for the first 10 seconds then going in the lamp will prevent the heat spike.

Akzentz has no more or less chance of causing heat spike than any other gel...but learning when and why it could happen will help to prevent it happening.

I find the only time i think it may happen is when using the coverage gels and applying it thick to get full coverage....so i apply it in a number of thin layers cured between each layer. HTH

Have you asked your trainer for advice?

When i enquired about this gel i was asked which lamp i was using. Maybe the lamp you have is too strong a wattage for these gels. If thats possible? dont really know if it is just it's the only thing i can think of

Not sure why you are experiencing this much burning. One thing you might try is to have your client place their hand just right outside of the light. Then they can slowly put their hand in the light.

Okay, I have been trying out the Akzentz line and find that on most of my clients it BURNS:cry: . Not just a little like it sometimes will if gell runs or is applied to thick. but they pull thier hands out of the lamps like they are on fire!!! i have even tried painting a very thin coat on and get the same results.

I know the first thing that I am going to get back is over filing...this happens even on a fresh set that has minimal filing.

I was just wondering if any of you out there had this problem and how you dealt with it?

I am ready to toss out this gel. A nail service should never be painful it should be relaxing!

Looking for everyone"s advise!:lol:

I agree with you a nail service should never be so painful you have to tell someone how to try to avoid the pain. I have had people come to me for gel who approach the UV Lamp as it if were the 'jaws of hell' so used they are to expecting pain.

You sound to me like you know what you are doing and you know the causes of heat spike and are even using precautionary measures and still having the problem.

My advise would be to use a gel that has many fewer photo initiators and therefore is much cooler and more comfortable from the clients' point of view. CND Brisa is such a gel. The only clients I have ever had that have felt an uncomfortable heat sensation with Brisa are those with damaged nails in the first place.

Latest posts

Back