Akzentz ... How did you learn??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud

Reaction score
Sorry to start a new bloomin thread about akzentz, guys!

I just got my trial kit from akzentz and i've used it on a coupla clients for NNO's and sculpted and extension.. but it was really guess work, based on a bit of knowledge i'd gleaned from karen at nailsplusbeauty as well as looking over all the step-by-steps on the geek site.

But..... I'm still dead confused about when to use trilite / natural / options clear, builder, bonder, french white, paint-on-natural-white???

i'm dead confused... any suggestions for how i can learn more about when and how to use each individual gel... and which ones i REALLY need to own???

thanks guys!

x

You ca also get a dvd from them to watch and learn.

Caz xxx

thank-you!!!!!!

i obviously didn't do a thorough enough search (there were soooooooo many threads to read!!)

x

Hi Laura!
I can PM you a great tutorial on how to use Akzentz gels.Just give me a wink:wink2:

Lana said:
Hi Laura!
I can PM you a great tutorial on how to use Akzentz gels.Just give me a wink:wink2:

that would be great .. thanks Lana! :wink2:

i recently received a trial kit (i think??) with small sizes of
natural gel, clear;
builder gel;
top gloss;
french white;
paint-on-white natural
trilite clear;
options clear

just thought i'd let you know so you can advise me how to use them, and if there's anything else i need!

thanks again!
x

oooh! and is it 2mins i need to cure for (for all akzentz gels)??

thanks!

Hey Lana

If I wink nicely too :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: can I have it as well please. I've picked up loads of hints and tips from your posts here, but the tutorial would be great! I'm using Options at the mo and all advice gratefully received!

Thanks (in anticipation!)

i'm confused mostly about when to use each of the products and for what benefit to each client for example....

(beware .. lots of silly questions to follow!!!!!!!!!!):eek:

1. paint on white (natural or ultra) Vs ultra / french white VS builder white ... what's the difference?? when would you use each one?? does the paint-on white, need curing under uv lamp??

2. surebond / affixit... i wasn't originally advised to order these.. do i need them before i can get going??

3. bonding gel / options clear gel... can either of these be used as the first layer on to natural nail?

4. top gloss / options clear gel... can either of these be used as final layer after buffing natural gel

5. modelling gel / builder gel... what's the difference between these two, when would i use each of these?

6. trilite.. when would i use this??:lol: :lol: :lol:

can you tell i'm confused?!?!?!?

Bud, have PMd you, sounds like you could benefit from a class. Classes in Brighton will be up & running in a few weeks. Would love it to be sooner but there's a lot going on here :eek: !!

KarenS.

~~~~~

Bud said:
i'm confused mostly about when to use each of the products and for what benefit to each client for example....

(beware .. lots of silly questions to follow!!!!!!!!!!):eek:

1. paint on white (natural or ultra) Vs ultra / french white VS builder white ... what's the difference?? when would you use each one?? does the paint-on white, need curing under uv lamp??
**Builder White is for sculpting, the others can be used on tips.
**POW does need curing.

2. surebond / affixit... i wasn't originally advised to order these.. do i need them before i can get going??
**These are out of stock, but back in about a week

3. bonding gel / options clear gel... can either of these be used as the first layer on to natural nail?
**Yes

4. top gloss / options clear gel... can either of these be used as final layer after buffing natural gel
**Yes

5. modelling gel / builder gel... what's the difference between these two, when would i use each of these?
**Builder gel can be used to build the apex, cure, then use Natural gel over'
Modelling gel is good for clients with sensitive/thin nails

6. trilite.. when would i use this??:lol: :lol: :lol:
**Trilite is a one-component gel, I use it in various ways, see Lana's post in another thread.

can you tell i'm confused?!?!?!?
**Yes!

I'm sorry I had to rush this but will email you & you can always call me for a longer chat next week.

Best wishes
KarenS.
~~~~~~

Hi Laura!
Take this offer from Karen seriously.You will learn a lot from her.It is different when you read instructions and actualy watching a proper application .It will help you clear all the confusion.

nailtech said:
Bud, have PMd you, sounds like you could benefit from a class. Classes in Brighton will be up & running in a few weeks. Would love it to be sooner but there's a lot going on here :eek: !!

KarenS.

~~~~~

:) :) and I can't wait!! I'm actually pleased I live in Brighton for once!!:)

Zuise.e said:
:) :) and I can't wait!! I'm actually pleased I live in Brighton for once!!:)

It has its advantages doesn't it Suzie, the venue I have in mind is right on the seafront, we'll have to pull the blinds down as it can be kinda mesmerising LOL!!

I do love living down here by the sea, its the first thing I see every morning when I open the curtains & its so close to London where I come from so zipping back is easy! OK getting carried away now LOL

KarenS.

nailtech said:
It has its advantages doesn't it Suzie, the venue I have in mind is right on the seafront, we'll have to pull the blinds down as it can be kinda mesmerising LOL!!

I do love living down here by the sea, its the first thing I see every morning when I open the curtains & its so close to London where I come from so zipping back is easy! OK getting carried away now LOL

KarenS.

Oh god don't make me jealous!!!:green:

Any idea when there might be any courses available nearer the middle of the country??

Emmajt said:
Oh god don't make me jealous!!!:green:

Any idea when there might be any courses available nearer the middle of the country??

ditto! Brighton's a bit far for me!!:eek:

thanks for trying to answer some of my silly little questions!! I'm finding akzentz SOOOOOOO different from biosculpture, so the answers you've all given have helped A LOT!!!

thanks guys!!:hug:

I'm in Luton any chance of running a course round here xxxx

Bud said:
thanks for trying to answer some of my silly little questions!! I'm finding akzentz SOOOOOOO different from biosculpture, so the answers you've all given have helped A LOT!!!

thanks guys!!:hug:

I find it different from IBD too mate, but i'm getting there.

At least with the Trilite and natural gel they are self leveling - which is what i'm used to. The builder gel is what i'm struggling with - with it not self leveling, evertime i touch it i made it worse.

But saying that the set i did last night had vastly improved on the set earlier on in the week, so practice is def worth it eh!!

It would be a good idea to cross over and do some classes with Karen.There is soo many people interested in taking classes and learning more about Akzentz gels.Maybe,in near future.What do you think Karen?

Latest posts

Back