Akzentz v LeChat & can they used for tips and sculptures like Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaloNails

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently use IBD Soak Off and after a few months of trials and tribulations i've decided i'm not happy. So am looking for a new soak off gel. My first option was Bio Scuplture because i think they always look lovely plus can be used for extensions but the training and the gel are so expenisive. So since looking on this site i'm interested in Akzentz and LeChat. Has anyone used any them, can you tell me which is the best for application, strength, colour (range/density/fading/yellowing). Is the white nice and bright and can they be used for extensions like bio-sculpture??

I occasionally use the Akzentz soak off gel but only as a NNO as it is not strong enough over tips. HTH

i can comment on the lechat range, but i cant compare them to the akzentz soak offs as i havent tried them.
i am however bio sculpture trained and can tell you that the lechat nobility soak off range compares favourably to that. in fact i would say its stronger.

the white is not a dazzling tipex type white but more of a slightly gentler white. i dont get any yellowing and it makes good strong sculpts. the colour range is ever developing and there are some fabulous sparkly gels that look great on their own or over the colours. additionally you can blend the colours together to create further shades.

there are some photos of the gel colours on my blogspot that show most of the colour range quite well.

Hi,

I currently use IBD Soak Off and after a few months of trials and tribulations i've decided i'm not happy. So am looking for a new soak off gel. My first option was Bio Scuplture because i think they always look lovely plus yep they are fab !can be used for extensions yes they can but they are not the strongest of enhancements and i'd say DEIFINATELY SCULPT with itbut the training and the gel are so expenisive. they are but so worth it !!!So since looking on this site i'm interested in Akzentza fandabidozi gel and no 'essential training' to buy the products but my guess is....if your having probs with ibd you'll have probs with akzentz is more likely your TECHNIQUE you need to perfect and LeChat.cant comment ANGEL FINGERS is your girl to ask Has anyone used any them, can you tell me which is the best for application, strength, colour (range/density/fading/yellowing). Is the white nice and bright and can they be used for extensions like bio-sculpture??

Calgel/bio CAN yellow as its porus..ie soak off

A file off gel....ibd,brisa,akzentz etc etc will not as it is NON PORUS ie file off

Hope thats helped!

amb x

ahh i was too slow:green:

Akzentz is brill for sculpts, tips or NNO

I use it for all 3 with no problems at all...its strong, beautiful and my clients love how crisp and clean their nails still look after 3-4 weeks, it also has different shades of whites (POW), pinks and top-glosses.

Akzentz is brill for sculpts, tips or NNO

I use it for all 3 with no problems at all...its strong, beautiful and my clients love how crisp and clean their nails still look after 3-4 weeks, it also has different shades of whites (POW), pinks and top-glosses.

So do you use the soakable and file off Akzentz gels for tips then Angie.

I use the non soak off for everything.

Sorry i should have said i was asking about the soak off akzentz and le chat.

Im just not happy with the strength and brightness of the white with IBD. Do you think training with IBD would make a difference. I am trained in gel.

I dont know of any white soakable gels that are as strong or as bright as the none soakable ones, so you may be after something that doesnt exist.

Because they are porous they dont retain the brighrt white colour like the harder none porous gels do.

But bio-sculpture white is still alot brighter white and alot stronger than IBD soak off.

Angel Fingers - Do you do the LeChat Nobility sculpts with silk as with Bio-Sculpture?

Akzentz Options soak-off is stronger than Bio over tips, but IMO suffers a touch more lifting.

My personal preference is for sculpted Bio for soak off. Well worth the extra investment if you ask me. If I have a client who is tough on her enhancments I use the Akzentz file-off. That is a very strong and very nice gel. Out of the two types of Akzentz I prefer the workability of the file-off. Its very nice. And the whites are very crisp and white (apart from the soft white of course!)

Can't comment on Le Chat....haven't tried it.

I'm only new to Le chat but i have been told that you can use there acetone resistant top coat over the nobility, you just have to make sure you buff well before you soak, i assume that doing this would keep the white bright as it stops the gel being as porous

But bio-sculpture white is still alot brighter white and alot stronger than IBD soak off.

Angel Fingers - Do you do the LeChat Nobility sculpts with silk as with Bio-Sculpture?

you can if you like, but it is strong enough to be used without the silk.

I'm only new to Le chat but i have been told that you can use there acetone resistant top coat over the nobility, you just have to make sure you buff well before you soak, i assume that doing this would keep the white bright as it stops the gel being as porous

the regular nobility soak off clear works fine as a topcoat and keeps its colour well.
the top gel [from the powder gel collection]in the red bottle is good to use as a final layer if you have clients who are really tough on their nails. it gives them more of the qualities of a hard gel, but is easy to file off and then you are back down to the soak offs again.

I was in a similar situation only I wasnt swapping gels, I wanted to get back into them. I went thru the same thought processes as you - Bio/Calgel VERY expensive!

I went with LeChat (my starter pack arrived today) because their customer service was excellent, really helpful ladies and the feedback on here was very good. I tried to contact Akzentz (twice, by phone and email) but heard nothing!

I did my nno today - look good to me, time will only tell as to how I've really got on LOL

Karaxxx

I've read all the posts about Nobility on here and it sounds brill! going to put in an order today. I'm really excited now!! looks like they have free training in some areas too so going to look into that.

Latest posts

Back