All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brisa Lite requires PEP, not PREP to adhere beautifully to the natural nail and last without lifting for 3 weeks +
The way Brisa Lite adheres to the natural nail is different from Brisa gel or L&P.

I know it sounds unbelievable! I didn't fully believe it myself till I'd created my first full set of Brisa Lite Enhancements (sculpted on forms using the Brisa Lite Sculpting Gels) and saw it for my self. That was just over 2 weeks ago and I am delighted to say they look incredible still, with no lifting.

This product is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of! :)

I just have to repeat it .... Just in case anyone has missed it :lol: because I'm a bit giddy about it.

This product, Brisa Lite removable Sculpting Gel, is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of!

Hi,
My friend was an NSS L&P wearer for quite some time and after having them removed her nails are paper thin and ultra bendy. Shellac does not last on her even with a thin soak off overlay underneath. Her nails just flex so, so much therefore I am unsure whether to use BL smoothing or sculpting on her underneath the shellac. Which would you advise please?
Thanks

I am supposed to be starting CND naturally & L&P in April. Since the announcement of Brisa Lite I have decided I would prefer to use this as my enhancement option. I understand I will need to do the Brisa Lite Training but my question is as I need to be enhancement trained first would it be better to switch my course to CND naturally & Brisa as my long term intention is to use Brisa Lite Sculpting for enhancements?

Personally I would not limit your options and would do the Complete course. The future is bright and you may find other things coming along which will make you very glad you trained in the other systems too. Brisa Lite gels will be included in the Complete Course very shortly. But as always I recommend that you discuss your options with Sweet Squared.

Hi,
My friend was an NSS L&P wearer for quite some time and after having them removed her nails are paper thin and ultra bendy. Shellac does not last on her even with a thin soak off overlay underneath. Her nails just flex so, so much therefore I am unsure whether to use BL smoothing or sculpting on her underneath the shellac. Which would you advise please?
Thanks

I would use the Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel. It will be perfect for nails such as hers.

Although similar to Brisa hard gel in having no significant heat spike (on nails as thin and damaged as your client's nails) I would in this particular case, apply in two thinner layers over the base coat rather than just applying all in one layer as is the normal procedure.

Could you use Shellac Studio White/ Cream Puff as a P.O.W with BL sculpting gel? Xx

Could you use Shellac Studio White/ Cream Puff as a P.O.W with BL sculpting gel? Xx

Yes you can along with any Shellac colour.

You would finish the enhancements as usual with your file;
clean the surface with D.Sperse ( do not add the Brisa Lite top coat) add your Shellac choice of colour or French colours, and finish everything off with the Shellac top coat.

Is the brisa lite sculpting gel just as tough/durable as the hard gel?

Hi I have only just found this thread so am repeating myself, I have just read the step by step on CND.com, there is no mention of using the blizzard file, do we not need to buff the smoothing gel or sculpting gel like we do Brisa. I ask this as there is a blizzard file in both kits. I did read somewhere that Brisa Lite is self levelling so what are blizzard files for?

Hi I have only just found this thread so am repeating myself, I have just read the step by step on CND.com, there is no mention of using the blizzard file, do we not need to buff the smoothing gel or sculpting gel like we do Brisa. I ask this as there is a blizzard file in both kits. I did read somewhere that Brisa Lite is self levelling so what are blizzard files for?

Consider the files in your kit a little present. :lol:

There is no need to use a file with the Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel.

I would imagine that for the ease of packing a million kits, they have just added the files to them all regardless. Save the files for your every day work and for the Brisa Lite Removable SCULPTING gel. Thank you CND

I know removal for smoothing gel is 15 minutes using nourishing remover, how long would you suggest for 100% acetone? I do want to switch to nourishing remover but want to use my acetone up so it's not wasted.

Is the brisa lite sculpting gel just as tough/durable as the hard gel?

The difference between BRISA and BRISA LITE is strength vs TOUGHNESS. They really are two different things and serve different client needs. Toughness denotes increased flexibility.

So if you have clients who suffer with regular breakage with Brisa Hard gel then I would change them to Brisa Lite Sculpting gel.

I think some will find they can use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel and it will be as durable as Brisa Hard gel, but they have the extra option to soak it off rather than buff off.

Others will need the harder option for their nails. It's all about options for individual client needs.

Brisa Lite requires PEP, not PREP to adhere beautifully to the natural nail and last without lifting for 3 weeks +
The way Brisa Lite adheres to the natural nail is different from Brisa gel or L&P.

I know it sounds unbelievable! I didn't fully believe it myself till I'd created my first full set of Brisa Lite Enhancements (sculpted on forms using the Brisa Lite Sculpting Gels) and saw it for my self. That was just over 2 weeks ago and I am delighted to say they look incredible still, with no lifting.

This product is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of! :)

I've ordered the Smoothing Kit for my clients, but beginning to wish I'd ordered the Sculpting Kit too for myself. I suffer with chronic lifting no matter which system used or who does it. Over the years (9) I've discovered the only way to minimise lifting on my own nails is to do my PREP the day before I want to apply my enhancements. I suspect any 'wet' (be it Cuticle Away or sparingly applied water to de-activate) on my thin, flexible nails causes swelling of the nail plate which shrinks after enhancement application causing lifting. If Brisa Lite requires dry prep and no shine removal it may be the system for me :idea: Now to find a tech I trust to put them on for me :wink2:

I know removal for smoothing gel is 15 minutes using nourishing remover, how long would you suggest for 100% acetone? I do want to switch to nourishing remover but want to use my acetone up so it's not wasted.

I would make the switch to CND Nourishing Remover and as soon as possible. Use your acetone up on other shorter services.

What is the difference between Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel and Brisa Lite Smoothing gel? Is it just viscosity? Thinner for Smoothing, thicker for Scuplting?

Thank you

I would make the switch to CND Nourishing Remover and as soon as possible. Use your acetone up on other shorter services.

Ok will do thank you. Regarding removal - will brisa smoothing gel take a different amount of time to remove if it is not underneath shellac or will it be 15 minutes either way?

I've ordered the Smoothing Kit for my clients, but beginning to wish I'd ordered the Sculpting Kit too for myself. I suffer with chronic lifting no matter which system used or who does it. Over the years (9) I've discovered the only way to minimise lifting on my own nails is to do my PREP the day before I want to apply my enhancements. I suspect any 'wet' (be it Cuticle Away or sparingly applied water to de-activate) on my thin, flexible nails causes swelling of the nail plate which shrinks after enhancement application causing lifting. If Brisa Lite requires dry prep and no shine removal it may be the system for me :idea: Now to find a tech I trust to put them on for me :wink2:

You should still use CUTIClE AWAY with the Brisa Lite gels and CUTICLE AWAY is part of PEP and PEP always includes Cuticle Away.

The use of water to deactivate and remove Cuticle Away does not swell the nail plate nor cause lifting ... What causes lifting is not thoroughly removing the Cuticle Away before application.

If you can thoroughly remove Cuticle without using Cuticle Away and have no problems then fine, but CND PEP includes Cuticle Away because it works, it is thorough, it is gentle, and it is CND protocol.

Ok will do thank you. Regarding removal - will brisa smoothing gel take a different amount of time to remove if it is not underneath shellac or will it be 15 minutes either way?
15 minutes either way.

What is the difference between Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel and Brisa Lite Smoothing gel? Is it just viscosity? Thinner for Smoothing, thicker for Scuplting?

Thank you

There is a big difference and would take way too long to answer the chemistry side of it here. That would be given in a class or watch the Science video on CND.com

Will the smoothing gel help with clients who can't last 2 weeks with shellac?
I have some clients who after 10 days get chips around the free edge and some lifting

I would use the Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel. It will be perfect for nails such as hers.

Although similar to Brisa hard gel in having no significant heat spike (on nails as thin and damaged as your client's nails) I would in this particular case, apply in two thinner layers over the base coat rather than just applying all in one layer as is the normal procedure.

That's great thank you. I will apply in 2 thinner layers building on the 2nd to limit heat spike.

Latest posts

Back