All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeg I have a question, it may be obvious. But for myself I will be wearing the smoothing gel all the time with shellac over. Would I need to start again every time after removal, removing the shellac and smoothing gel together? And then reapply it all.

And is this is the same case if I used the sculpting gel and enhanced my nails to make them longer and applied shellac ontop. Would I have to then soak it all off to start again when it was time to reapply?

I know it has said that it can be rebalanced but I'm wondering what the option would be in this instance.

Thanks.

Geeg I have a question, it may be obvious. But for myself I will be wearing the smoothing gel all the time with shellac over. Would I need to start again every time after removal, removing the shellac and smoothing gel together? And then reapply it all. Yes, they will remove together so you'd need to reapply. Removal will take a little longer when wearing CND Shellac with Brisa Lite Smoothing gel- 15minutes.

And is this is the same case if I used the sculpting gel and enhanced my nails to make them longer and applied shellac ontop. Would I have to then soak it all off to start again when it was time to reapply? You would have the option of either filing off the CND Shellac and rebalancing or soaking off the entire thing.

I know it has said that it can be rebalanced but I'm wondering what the option would be in this instance.

Thanks.

I know its not directed at me but just to help out a bit!

Can we use additives with only the Smoothing gel and if so how do we use them with it? Or can we only use the additives when applying Shellac over the Smoothing gel? Thank you x

You don't sound too muddled to me. :hug:

Only point you are missing is that Brisa Lite Removable SCULPTING gel is an enhancement gel. You can use it to add length, shape or for natural nail overlay; you can sculpt with it or use over clear tips and it can be re-balanced for as long as you or the client want to maintain it. How fantastic is that?

The other option you have with the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel is to remove it safely and gently using wraps; if you want to use it for repairs or short-term services for clients who have a special event or something of that nature the Sculpting gel is the perfect choice..

This product, Brisa Lite removable Sculpting Gel, is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of!

Woohoo brilliant thank you!! I have a lady who I can trial the sculpting on she had Brisa for her bitten nails and hopes to just have her own nails and shellac so I think I might buff of the hard Brisa and use sculpting for a bit and then eventually go onto smoothing. it's a miracle nail innovation. On another note, shall I discontinue my current Brisa? And shall I still do the L&P course? Thank you xx

Yes you can use additives with the smoothing gel, you could do it in the same way in which you do with CND Shellac- onto the top film, or if you choose to mix it into clear gel just make sure you follow the rules- no more then 30% additive to ensure a full cure.

Yes you can use additives with the smoothing gel, you could do it in the same way in which you do with CND Shellac- onto the top film, or if you choose to mix it into clear gel just make sure you follow the rules- no more then 30% additive to ensure a full cure.

That's great, thank you! I can't wait to try it out!

Woohoo brilliant thank you!! I have a lady who I can trial the sculpting on she had Brisa for her bitten nails and hopes to just have her own nails and shellac so I think I might buff of the hard Brisa and use sculpting for a bit and then eventually go onto smoothing. it's a miracle nail innovation. On another note, shall I discontinue my current Brisa? And shall I still do the L&P course? Thank you xx

This question has been answered in this thread and I certainly wont be discontinuing my Brisa Hard gel because it serves a different client need to the Brisa Removable Sculpting gel. Read through the thread and you will find the description of the differences to the different gels. But I do think most of us may use the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel more than the buff off gel because for most it will be more convenient to do so. Sales and performance will determine in the end.

And I would never advise a true pro nail tech not do L&P ... how can any salon operate fully without L&P?

Last edited:
This question has been answered in this thread and I certainly wont be discontinuing my Brisa Hard gel because it serves a different client need to the Brisa Removable Sculpting gel. Read through the thread and you will find the description of the differences to the different gels.

And I would never advise a true pro nail tech not do L&P ... how can any salon operate fully without L&P?

Got it page 3 ! I had actually read it - sorry it can't have gone in too well :smack:
Yes I will still do my L&P conversion then as soon as a course becomes available

Sorry geeg another question from me Ive advertised BL on Facebook and have only had one enquiry so don't think Iam doing a good job lol. How would you sell this to your clients? What should I be saying to make them as excited as I am!? Also thanks for answering my earlier question don't know why i didn't just phone s2 in the first place.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Sorry geeg another question from me Ive advertised BL on Facebook and have only had one enquiry so don't think Iam doing a good job lol. How would you sell this to your clients? What should I be saying to make them as excited as I am!? Also thanks for answering my earlier question don't know why i didn't just phone s2 in the first place.

I would be telling them whats in it for them if they use it as per my post number 11 on page one of this thread. But YOU are the technician ... YOU are the one who should be prescribing the right product for your clients as you see them at your table ... If you see a problem that needs solving you now have all the products to solve those problems and it is up to you to advise your clients. They don't know what to ask for ... you need to advise them.

Beautybyk - not sure if you're aware but facebook have recently changed the settings so that only around 15% of your likers will receive your status updates and pictures, apparently this 15% is randomly selected but you should be able to see in your admin page how many people have seen your status.

This is because facebook want you to pay to promote your page updates. It's probably best to use other methods to get your message out there.

Apologies for the thread derailment. As you were ladies.

----------

The main benefit that I'm promoting is that now anyone can wear Shellac - that is super exciting for those who adore the colours and shine but need extra strength. If you're excited, they will be too!

Hi Gigi

Would you recommend 2 brushes? One for Brisa and one for Brisa Lite.
Or is it ok to use the same one as long as its been wiped clean.

Thanks for all your help

Vicki x

Beautybyk - not sure if you're aware but facebook have recently changed the settings so that only around 15% of your likers will receive your status updates and pictures, apparently this 15% is randomly selected but you should be able to see in your admin page how many people have seen your status.

This is because facebook want you to pay to promote your page updates. It's probably best to use other methods to get your message out there.

Apologies for the thread derailment. As you were ladies.

----------

The main benefit that I'm promoting is that now anyone can wear Shellac - that is super exciting for those who adore the colours and shine but need extra strength. If you're excited, they will be too!

I recently found this out too so started to pay for mine I personally found it didn't make much difference to who seen it just gained my page more likes. I'll just be promoting like mad when I see my clients!

Hi Gigi

Would you recommend 2 brushes? One for Brisa and one for Brisa Lite.
Or is it ok to use the same one as long as its been wiped clean.

Thanks for all your help

Vicki x

Good question ... you can use the same brush for both, but I prefer the square brush for the Smoothing gel and the normal Brisa gel brush for Sculpting. Each kit contains an appropriate brush.

Geeg, Apologies if I'm making you repeat yourself here but I wondered - I was advised by Bio Sculpture to keep a separate brush for their UV gel (this is the only one of their gels that is not soakable) and to never use this brush with other gels as this would 'contaminate' the soak off gels. Is this not the case with Traditional Brisa and Brisa Lite?

Geeg, Apologies if I'm making you repeat yourself here but I wondered - I was advised by Bio Sculpture to keep a separate brush for their UV gel (this is the only one of their gels that is not soakable) and to never use this brush with other gels as this would 'contaminate' the soak off gels. Is this not the case with Traditional Brisa and Brisa Lite?

Thank you because I do not want to confuse.

In my post above I was referring to using a brush interchangeably between the two Brisa Lite gels; I was not including Brisa Hard gel in that answer.

There should be no problem as a brush comes in each Brisa Lite kit, so I don't see any reason not to have a brush for each if that is what you want. I prefer a square brush for the Smoothing gel and the normal oval gel brush for sculpting.
HTH

Would it be possible when using the brisa lite base coat then the smoothing gel then shellac to use the brisa lite top coat instead of the shellac top coat?x

Would it be possible when using the brisa lite base coat then the smoothing gel then shellac to use the brisa lite top coat instead of the shellac top coat?x

No its not recommended, for guaranteed and dependable results you would need to finish with shellac top coat over your Shellac colour coat.

The process for CND Shellac over your Brisa lite Smoothing gel would be Brisa Lite Base, Brisa Lite smoothing gel, Shellac colour x2 (assuming your doing regular colour) followed by the Shellac top coat.

Any of us can do anything we want :eek:, but you will not be following the system or the CND protocols and the top coats are different.

I have a rule ... its called NO SANDWICHES ... I WILL NOT USE products that are not designed for the system I am using. It makes no sense and it is against CND protocols which I trust completely and follow to the letter because I have total trust in CND and that the systems work better together than sandwiches.

Any system that you finish with you use that system's top coat. For example ...

Finish with Shellac you use Shellac top coat because that is the appropriate top coat for Shellac.

Use the Smoothing gel on its own without adding colour and you would finish with the Brisa Lite top coat because that is the appropriate top coat for the Smoothing gel.

Finish with polish and you would finish with the polish top coat.

Use the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel without adding any colour, you would use the Brisa Lite top coat ... get it? Simplzzzzzzz.

Geeg I have a question, it may be obvious. But for myself I will be wearing the smoothing gel all the time with shellac over. Would I need to start again every time after removal, removing the shellac and smoothing gel together? And then reapply it all. YES

And is this is the same case if I used the sculpting gel and enhanced my nails to make them longer and applied shellac ontop. Would I have to then soak it all off to start again when it was time to reapply? You can rebalance the enhancement Sculting gel for as long as you want with no need for removal every 3 weeks or you can remove it if for any reason you need to.

I know it has said that it can be rebalanced but I'm wondering what the option would be in this instance. Not sure of what you mean by option but I hope the answers above make it clear that you can rebalance or remove the Sculting gel as you wish for long term or short term wear.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late answer, I think I was buried in posts and nearly missed this.

Latest posts

Back