All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the smoothing gel help with clients who can't last 2 weeks with shellac?
I have some clients who after 10 days get chips around the free edge and some lifting
Absolutely it will because the reason they are not lasting is that their nails are either damaged, thin and flexible or not cared for. In the first two incidences then the Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel will be a godsend for them and provide that extra help they need. This gel was specifically made for those clients with challenged nails ... Perfect for what you want and they need.

Geeg I'm totally muddled I don't know whethernim coming or going anymore!

This is what I understand

BL smoothing - just that, smoothes and adds a little extra strength for weaker nails.

BL sculpting - and enhancement product, use just as you would Brisa gel and for clients who have weak nails and the smoothing gel still isn't enough.

Is this right?

Also can the sculpting gel be re balanced?
Because for long term enhancements I'm thinking still using Brisa hard gel as if BL cannot be rebalanced Im not sure I would want to remove Brisa lite to start again every 2-3 weeks or would that be ok?

After my latest fiasco removal does seem actually more time efficient than filing ready to fill.

Thank you

Does the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel also have the "tiny tunnel" technology for penetration of solar oil?

Hi geeg, thanks for doing this post as the other post was becoming tiresome! I am wondering what the cost per service for brisa lite sculpting gel is and how much cnd recommends we should be charging. I know these are the sort of things answered in a class but my class isn't until 13th march!!

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

There is a big difference and would take way too long to answer the chemistry side of it here. That would be given in a class or watch the Science video on CND.com

That still answers the question. ie. no it's not just viscosity :cool:

Thank you

Does the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel also have the "tiny tunnel" technology for penetration of solar oil?

The 'tiny tunnel' technology allows remover to penetrate through the layers of CND Shellac for quick easy removal.

CND SolarOil does not require tiny tunnels in order to reptate through the product. So even in products not utilising tiny tunnels SolarOil gets through easily and is a MUST for everyday homecare.

All polymers benefit from lubrication! - Doug Schoon

The 'tiny tunnel' technology allows remover to penetrate through the layers of CND Shellac for quick easy removal.

CND SolarOil does not require tiny tunnels in order to reptate through the product. So even in products not utilising tiny tunnels SolarOil gets through easily and is a MUST for everyday homecare.

All polymers benefit from lubrication! - Doug Schoon

Oh my god I look like such an idiot I meant acetone!! I was solar oiling and must of subconsciously wrote it haha!

Hi geeg, thanks for doing this post as the other post was becoming tiresome! I am wondering what the cost per service for brisa lite sculpting gel is and how much cnd recommends we should be charging. I know these are the sort of things answered in a class but my class isn't until 13th march!!

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Costs of services have been calculated for you but of course we would not discuss that on SG.com which is a public forum. Contact S2 who will give you all the information you require on that question.

Recommended charges for the service are on page one of this thread.

Oh my god I look like such an idiot I meant acetone!! I was solar oiling and must of subconsciously wrote it haha!

SolarOil on the brain! I like it! :D

The removal process is a little different in terms of what actually happend to the product inside the wrap. This will be included in the Brisa Lite Classes for both the Smoothing System and the Sculpting System.

Brisa Lite is tougher and more resilient than CND Shellac, for clients who's nails need more than just a shiny coat of colour, so while we need it to remove easily, they way in which it does so is a little different.

That still answers the question. ie. no it's not just viscosity :cool:

Thank you

Correct.

Hi Trin .. sorry if my answer seemed curt, it wasn't meant to be. I have been running this thread with only a few wee breaks thanks to weefee, since early this morning so trying to answer all and keep the replies as short and as specific as I can. Great to see you little face!! :hug: I know everyone is eager to get answers so I'll try to be around all day and dedicate my time to it.

Geeg I'm totally muddled I don't know whethernim coming or going anymore!

This is what I understand

BL smoothing - just that, smoothes and adds a little extra strength for weaker nails.

BL sculpting - and enhancement product, use just as you would Brisa gel and for clients who have weak nails and the smoothing gel still isn't enough.

Is this right?

Also can the sculpting gel be re balanced?
Because for long term enhancements I'm thinking still using Brisa hard gel as if BL cannot be rebalanced Im not sure I would want to remove Brisa lite to start again every 2-3 weeks or would that be ok?

After my latest fiasco removal does seem actually more time efficient than filing ready to fill.

Thank you

You don't sound too muddled to me. :hug:

Only point you are missing is that Brisa Lite Removable SCULPTING gel is an enhancement gel. You can use it to add length, shape or for natural nail overlay; you can sculpt with it or use over clear tips and it can be re-balanced for as long as you or the client want to maintain it. How fantastic is that?

The other option you have with the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel is to remove it safely and gently using wraps; if you want to use it for repairs or short-term services for clients who have a special event or something of that nature the Sculpting gel is the perfect choice..

This product, Brisa Lite removable Sculpting Gel, is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of!

Last edited:
Correct.

Hi Trin .. sorry if my answer seemed curt, it wasn't meant to be. I have been running this thread with only a few wee breaks thanks to weefee, since early this morning so trying to answer all and keep the replies as short and as specific as I can. Great to see you little face!! :hug: I know everyone is eager to get answers so I'll try to be around all day and dedicate my time to it.

Short answers work for me, my brain can handle yes/no in the beginning. Once I get all the yes/no out of the way I want to know specifics and I can get those at a class. Thanks for your help with these questions in the short term :hug:

Can the smoothing gel be used as a quick overlay for nice shaped but thin nails?
Can the sculpting gel be used as an overlay for more damaged nail ?

Can I mix additives into the smoothing gel at the max 30% ratio ?

I'm sure I've read all through this thread but can't find an answer...apologies if I have missed it!

When using the smoothing gel with shellac do you need to dsperse before your first colour layer of shellac?

Glad of a thread that answers my questions & gets to the point :)

I'm sure I've read all through this thread but can't find an answer...apologies if I have missed it!

When using the smoothing gel with shellac do you need to dsperse before your first colour layer of shellac?

Glad of a thread that answers my questions & gets to the point :)

No, you do not need to use D.Sperse before applying your Shellac colour nor at any other stage until the end of service. :lol: None of that primer nor dry wiping malarcky either. :lol:

From Aydie

Can the smoothing gel be used as a quick overlay for nice shaped but thin nails?
It most certainly can and is one of the great uses for the Brisa Lite Removable SMOOTHING gel.

Can the sculpting gel be used as an overlay for more damaged nail ?
Absolutly, but you may find in the instance of damaged surfaces, that the Smoothing gel may be all you need.

Can I mix additives into the smoothing gel at the max 30% ratio ?
Yes

Well I've just had my partners mum come over for a normal manicure and she was complaining about her nails being weak and breaking...so...I pounced on her with my new Smoothing kit :D

The base coat I found to be nice and easy to apply - I take it we keep it thin as possible like the Shellac base?

I used the new brush to apply the smoothing gel, but I couldn't find the video on cnd.com and the step-by-step guide is pretty vague tbh so I wasn't sure how thin to apply it ... I kept it only slightly thicker than the base coat, is this correct?

It looked fab on its own but once the Shellac was applied the nails were beautifully smooth. I can't wait to see how well they last on her :)

Well I've just had my partners mum come over for a normal manicure and she was complaining about her nails being weak and breaking...so...I pounced on her with my new Smoothing kit :D

The base coat I found to be nice and easy to apply - I take it we keep it thin as possible like the Shellac base?

I used the new brush to apply the smoothing gel, but I couldn't find the video on cnd.com and the step-by-step guide is pretty vague tbh so I wasn't sure how thin to apply it ... I kept it only slightly thicker than the base coat, is this correct?

It looked fab on its own but once the Shellac was applied the nails were beautifully smooth. I can't wait to see how well they last on her :)

YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT. :hug:

Hi there,

I'd like to use the smoothing gel with Shellac for some of my clients, but where in the Shellac process would you apply the Smoothing Gel?

Will it take any longer to remove as I', assuming it will add another layer and that all other Shellac steps will be the same?

All help much appreciated as this could be the answer to some of my clients dreams :o)

xx

Hi there,

I'd like to use the smoothing gel with Shellac for some of my clients, but where in the Shellac process would you apply the Smoothing Gel?

Will it take any longer to remove as I', assuming it will add another layer and that all other Shellac steps will be the same?

All help much appreciated as this could be the answer to some of my clients dreams :o)

xx

It most definitely will be the answer to some of your clients dreams (and all of mine). The Brisa Brisa Lite Removable SMOOTHING gel is designed to smooth the surface of rough, ridged or damaged nails ..... so it goes on the surface first.

If using with Shellac, You would apply the Brisa Lite Base coat and follow with a layer of the the Brisa lite Smoothing gel. Then two coats of Shellac colour and finish with Shellac Top Coat. Couldn't be easier. It takes 15 minutes to remove.

Why not read through this thread as you question was already answered previously and you must have missed lots of other questions you will want to know the answers to.

To be honest, I can hardly keep up with the new questions never mind answering all the old questions again for those who haven't read through the thread .. so please .. HELP ME. :hug:

Latest posts

Back