All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry If this question has been asked but I couldn't find it.
Do you have to use forms when using the sculpting gel instead of tips? I'm thinking if I use tips I have to blend? Thanks

Im sorry If this question has been asked but I couldn't find it.
Do you have to use forms when using the sculpting gel instead of tips? I'm thinking if I use tips I have to blend? Thanks

You do not HAVE to use forms but if you do they should be clear forms.

If you use tips they need to be used with correct knowledge so that you get complete cure and hard wearing adhesion.

Well I'm just doing a L&P course just now (converting to CND ASAP) I have contacted the CND educator nearest me so hopefully it won't be too long but I have 2 clients that really want to try the Brisa lite sculpting gel. They are aware I'm new to this and its just a practise for me. They don't want anything that may damage their nails so this is perfect for them. I don't want to let them down but I don't want to cause damage because they would be regulars if it works out. Do you think I should hold off or do my best? I've been watching all the tutorials etc. I've only used tips so far but I don't have sculpting forms. Thanks

Just a normal shake as always and apply the brisa lite base coat and then the smoothing gel as you would a coat of Shellac colour, sealing all edges. and that is it.

Just one coat of smoothing gel or two if its being used on its own?

And if I remember correctly from the demo, it was just one coat under shellac & then shellac top coat?
And forgive me if this has already been asked but I've scrolled and scrolled and can't find it, if using smoothing gel for a French with shellac, do I use shellac top coat or brisa lite top coat?
Thanx in advance :)

Just one coat of smoothing gel or two if its being used on its own?

And if I remember correctly from the demo, it was just one coat under shellac & then shellac top coat?
And forgive me if this has already been asked but I've scrolled and scrolled and can't find it, if using smoothing gel for a French with shellac, do I use shellac top coat or brisa lite top coat?
Thanx in advance :)
It has been covered several times :Love: and it is a simple rule ... you finish with the top coat that goes with the last thing you applied. If you applied Shellac, you finish with Shellac Top Coat; if you finished with Brisa Lite, you apply the Brisa Lite top coat.

One coat of Brisa Lite Smoothing gel is all you need if wearing it on its own (of course with the appropriate base and top coats). If you normally wear Shellac then that is all you need when using Brisa Lite Smoothing gel. If you want a French then paint with Shellac French colours.

If you are wanting to maintain enhanced nails then use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel.

Last edited:
Well I'm just doing a L&P course just now (converting to CND ASAP) I have contacted the CND educator nearest me so hopefully it won't be too long but I have 2 clients that really want to try the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel. They are aware I'm new to this and its just a practise for me. They don't want anything that may damage their nails so this is perfect for them. I don't want to let them down but I don't want to cause damage because they would be regulars if it works out. Do you think I should hold off or do my best? I've been watching all the tutorials etc. I've only used tips so far but I don't have sculpting forms. Thanks

How and why do you think you could cause damage? If you want to have a go and on the basis of a practice run, then go ahead; it's simple enough to use.

It has been covered several times :Love: and it is a simple rule ... you finish with the top cat that goes with the last thing you applied. If you applied Shellac, you finish with Shellac Top Coat; if you finished with Brisa Lite, you apply the Brisa Lite top coat.

One coat of Brisa Lite Smoothing gel is all you need if wearing it on its own (of course with the appropriate base and top coats). If you normally wear Shellac then that is all you need when using Brisa Lite Smoothing gel. If you want a French then paint with Shellac French colours.

If you are wanting to maintain enhanced nails then use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel.

Thanks Geeg 😊

It has been covered several times :Love: and it is a simple rule ... you finish with the top coat that goes with the last thing you applied. If you applied Shellac, you finish with Shellac Top Coat; if you finished with Brisa Lite, you apply the Brisa Lite top coat.

Geeg
Uve just said....

Does this mean if a client has acrylics or gels u don't have to soak them off and can just infill with BL sculpting gel? and I'm a little confused am I supposed to me filing off the shellac and infilling BL sculpting gel or removing everything and stating again?
Many thanks x

Does this mean if a client has acrylics or gels u don't have to soak them off and can just infill with BL sculpting gel? and I'm a little confused am I supposed to me filing off the shellac and infilling BL sculpting gel or removing everything and stating again?
Many thanks x

I think if you read through the thread it's not confusing.

You can do either with the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel. You can remove Shellac and maintain it like any other enhancement and then re-Shellac. Why would you want to remove everything and start again? You don't don't do that with other enhancements.

But if you for example, you used BL sculpting gel for a repair, you could wear it until grown out and then remove it by wrapping (after first removing a little bulk).

I'm having issues with Brisa lite Sculpting Gel not lasting on tips, they are peeling off, to me seems a strength issue, I use all the correct pep, CND lamp (brand new) clear velocity tips (remove shine from nail tip)I've watched Holly's tutorial and CND's Official one, yet have no issues with Sculpting gel as a natural nail overlay with Shellac.. I'm prepared to book myself on a workshop to help me with my application but thought I'd ask on here before doing so.. Thank you in advance xx

I'm having issues with Brisa lite Sculpting Gel not lasting on tips, they are peeling off, to me seems a strength issue, I use all the correct pep, CND lamp (brand new) clear velocity tips (remove shine from nail tip)I've watched Holly's tutorial and CND's Official one, yet have no issues with Sculpting gel as a natural nail overlay with Shellac.. I'm prepared to book myself on a workshop to help me with my application but thought I'd ask on here before doing so.. Thank you in advance xx
It sounds like a curing issue to me not a wear issue. If you are going to use the

Sculpting gel on tips make sure the tip is buffed and not a shiny surface before you apply the gel.

Make sure all bulbs are activated in the lamp ...

Make sure ALL of the blue protective film has been removed from inside the lamp.

Peeling is a curing issue, especially if it is happening to all clients with tips.

It sounds like a curing issue to me not a wear issue. If you are going to use the

Sculpting gel on tips make sure the tip is buffed and not a shiny surface before you apply the gel.

Make sure all bulbs are activated in the lamp ...

Make sure ALL of the blue protective film has been removed from inside the lamp.

Peeling is a curing issue, especially if it is happening to all clients with tips.

Thanks geeg <3 will double check lamp bulbs xx

Hi, I'm having a few problems with both products. I'm 100% sure all pep is exactly correct, bulbs are fine etc. but the smoothing gel is peeling and have just had a client loose all her sculpting gel overlays after just a week. Im thinking maybe I'm not applying enough product? I've completed the cnd enhancement course and I do think maybe I'm too used to shellac and going thin! I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same problems?

I know it's probably just teething problems and will take practice, which is what I'm trying to do but at the moment I'm a little worried about using it on clients who aren't friends!!

Thanks. I had a go on some tips and I'm defiantly not confident enough to do it on a client yet.
I'm going to offer them Smoothing gel with shellac and see how they go with that first. It's looking like I can't get on a course until later on in April :( I was hoping to get going ASAP but no dates in the system yet for CND trainer near me.

Thanks. I had a go on some tips and I'm defiantly not confident enough to do it on a client yet.
I'm going to offer them Smoothing gel with shellac and see how they go with that first. It's looking like I can't get on a course until later on in April :( I was hoping to get going ASAP but no dates in the system yet for CND trainer near me.

Then travel! :biggrin: Go see them at the new Centre in Glasgow .. It's amazing.

PS. The smoothing gel could not be more simple to apply. You apply it thin and just like Shellac.

The BL Sculpting gel is also incredibly easy and should be built like any other enhancement. Structure! It should not lift or peel if everything is done correctly and if it is doing, then someone is helping it to do so.

Not had a single complaint so far in our salon and we haven't had a class (well, I have but not the others) we are very experienced technicians and I think that makes the difference ... The ones that have problems also mainly lack experience.

[/B]

Then travel! :biggrin: Go see them at the new Centre in Glasgow .. It's amazing.

PS. The smoothing gel could not be more simple to apply. You apply it thin and just like Shellac.

The BL Sculpting gel is also incredibly easy and should be built like any other enhancement. Structure! It should not lift or peel if everything is done correctly and if it is doing, then someone is helping it to do so.

Not had a single complaint so far in our salon and we haven't had a class (well, I have but not the others) we are very experienced technicians and I think that makes the difference ... The ones that have problems also mainly lack experience.

I have managed to get booked into a Shellac class on 8th April! (Exciting!) I'm going to discuss further training with her then. She said one to one training is an option too :) this might be more cost effective for me rather than paying for accommodation etc. Thank you so much for the help. Exciting times ahead with CND!

Hi geeks! I just thought I would post as I have just finished my first set of Brisa lite smoothing overlays.

All I can say is the product is truly incredible, it's gorgeously shiny, levels beautifully and you use the smallest amount of product! It's much stronger than I imaged it to be. I cannot wait to use it on my clients tomorrow. So if anyone is wondering shall I shan't I like I was a few days ago... Do it!!! You will not regret it ... I know I don't.

Hth Jody xx

ok this is going to sound like a really silly question. I been watching some videos on brisa lite sculpting application and none of the nail techs are using tips? Can you use tips for extensions? and if you can Obviously you would have to take the shine off them before apply the gel etc right?

ok this is going to sound like a really silly question. I been watching some videos on brisa lite sculpting application and none of the nail techs are using tips? Can you use tips for extensions? and if you can Obviously you would have to take the shine off them before apply the gel etc right?

Yes you can and yes you would just be sure you do not apply too thickly to make sure of complete cure over opaque tips.

Yes you can and yes you would just be sure you do not apply too thickly to make sure of complete cure over opaque tips.

Thank you :) x

Latest posts

Back