All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Fee/ Geeg
when adding additives to my snoothing Gel which top coat do i use, i use appropriate top coats for shellac /brisa light but just not sure when using additive i would say brisa light top coat?
thankyou ladies. xx

Hi Fee/ Geeg
when adding additives to my snoothing Gel which top coat do i use, i use appropriate top coats for shellac /brisa light but just not sure when using additive i would say brisa light top coat?
thankyou ladies. xx

Correct! :hug:

Can I use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel on badly bitten nails if I put clear tips on please? Would there be sufficient cover to extend the nail bed with the pink colour.

Thanks very much for your reply. I like the fact that I can ask a question and immediately someone with lots of experience comes back and replies. It is great and I really appreciate it!

Thanks very much for your reply. I like the fact that I can ask a question and immediately someone with lots of experience comes back and replies. It is great and I really appreciate it!

I've had a busy geeky Saturday!! lol Nice to be appreciated. x

Hi,

I tend to take a reaction to gels such as NSI, can you tell me if Brisa Lite is more suitable and less chemical than other brands, I am fine when doing my clients nails but I cant have my own done :(

I was thinking of converting to CND but I really want to know if the Brisa Lite is suitable for me so I can have my nails done also.

thank you

Hey geeks I've had my Brisa lite sculpting gel on for over two weeks now with shellac and they are perfect!

(Other than not having built a proper apex which Geeg suggested I correct)

I am going to infill this week, I just wanted to confirm right procedure.
I have read through all 33 pages and picked up bits on infill process but want to be 100% clear.

I am booked on the Brisa lite training on 15th April. So just practising before I attend.

1. Buff shellac off
2. Do pep on cuticle area
3. Wipe with d-sperse
4. Apply Brisa lite base coat and carry process through.

Hey geeks I've had my Brisa lite sculpting gel on for over two weeks now with shellac and they are perfect!

(Other than not having built a proper apex which Geeg suggested I correct)

I am going to infill this week, I just wanted to confirm right procedure.
I have read through all 33 pages and picked up bits on infill process but want to be 100% clear.

I am booked on the Brisa lite training on 15th April. So just practising before I attend.

1. Buff shellac off
2. Do pep on cuticle area
3. Wipe with d-sperse
4. Apply Brisa lite base coat and carry process through.

Number 3 is incorrect
You still need to use your Scrub Fresh on the natural nail.
I would clean the surface with D.Sperse but THEN use your ScrubFresh on the natural nail regrowth area. It is quite easy to do. Just fold the pad so that you have a nice corner to use on that specific area.

Also take particular care when buffing the Shellac colour off, that you DO NOT TOUCH THE NATURAL NAIL WITH YOUR FILE.

Thank Geeg!! 😃😃😃😃😃😃

Hi,

I tend to take a reaction to gels such as NSI, can you tell me if Brisa Lite is more suitable and less chemical than other brands, I am fine when doing my clients nails but I cant have my own done :(

I was thinking of converting to CND but I really want to know if the Brisa Lite is suitable for me so I can have my nails done also.

thank you

No one can tell you an answer that will be specific for you personally.

What I can tell you is that the chemicals that people normally have a reaction to in normal gels are not contained in Brisa, Brisa Lite or Shellac. They are classed as hypo-allergenic. Remembering that hypo-allergenic does not mean that no one will ever have a reaction to CND products, but they are far less likely to do so.

What I can also tell you is that MANY technicians that are allergic to other gel products have told us that they are NOT allergic to CND gels nor Shellac. And they have also said the same thing many times right here on Salongeek.com
What I suggest is that you have one or two Brisa Lite nails applied at the Centre in Glasgow or Edinburgh and see how you go.

:D

I do apologise if someone has already asked this... I have received my brisa lite sculpting pack today and can't wait to play around with it later. I wanted to have a go at doing my own nails with french tips. However, I cant find any step by step videos anywhere. I'm pretty sure I know how its applied and everything but wanted to double check before I jump right in. So anywhere I could see a video? or even just some step by step instructions will help.

Thank you

Sorry, I found the video in the end which made things bit clearer for me. Got question though...if i use white tips, is it possible to use clear BL gel? And will I go over it twice with clear BL gel curing each coat?

Also what is used to wipe of the sticky layer of gel? I know it doesn't come with the kit. So will need to buy some.

Thanks

Sorry, I found the video in the end which made things bit clearer for me. Got question though...if i use white tips, is it possible to use clear BL gel? And will I go over it twice with clear BL gel curing each coat?

Also what is used to wipe of the sticky layer of gel? I know it doesn't come with the kit. So will need to buy some.

Thanks

You need to use D.Sperse from S2 to wipe the injibition layer from the surface of the gel.

The answer to your question is that yes you can use your clear gel over a white tip and as you describe to make sure of full cure. Make sure you take the shine off the white tip first. Personally I would learn to sculpt with the whit gel which is why it is in your kit.

Hi geeg thanks for that. I am looking into training with Cnd very soon. With the clear gel do I build on two coats? Or just the one? Also is there anything else I can use instead of d.sperse. I have ordered some but Im too excited to wait for it, just want to have a play around with the kit.

Hi geeg thanks for that. I am looking into training with Cnd very soon. With the clear gel do I build on two coats? Or just the one? Also is there anything else I can use instead of d.sperse. I have ordered some but Im too excited to wait for it, just want to have a play around with the kit.

You can build in either one or two layers. I usually only use one but if you prefer working in two then that is fine.

You can get some Isopropyl alcohol to wipe the inhibition layer but if you have ordered your D.sperse from S2, then you should have it by tomorrow. :lol:

Do you think I need to buy the clear sculpting in addition to the BL sculpting kit?

I normally do French with just clear and white but the pink will give good coverage - I was thinking that the clear would be good for overlays under shellac for weak nails :)

What are your thoughts ? Have many of you geeks bought the clear too?

Do you think I need to buy the clear sculpting in addition to the BL sculpting kit?

I normally do French with just clear and white but the pink will give good coverage - I was thinking that the clear would be good for overlays under shellac for weak nails :)

What are your thoughts ? Have many of you geeks bought the clear too?

I wouldn't be without the clear for all sorts of reasons.

I wouldn't be without the clear for all sorts of reasons.

Thanks - ordered clear, pink and white ;-) excited!!

The clear is pretty indispensable to me when doing a variety of cleints' nails.

1. You can use it to mix with your other colours or to add colour pigment to
create new colours.
2. You can use it For NNO's
3. You can use it to perfect shape if there is something you are not happy with.
4. To fill in dips or imperfections while learning.

Latest posts

Back