All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
I have used Brisa Lite Sculpting gel on one of my fingers, twice now and have found both times when i remove it with the nourishing remover that my nail is pinched excessively during the removal. After about 15 mins my finger gets quite hot and tender and when I take off the wrap and check you can see the nail almost a v shape at the free edge and corners at the free edge are digging into the skin, causing the pain. Any ideas why this is happening?

Jackie

Hi all
I have used Brisa Lite Sculpting gel on one of my fingers, twice now and have found both times when i remove it with the nourishing remover that my nail is pinched excessively during the removal. After about 15 mins my finger gets quite hot and tender and when I take off the wrap and check you can see the nail almost a v shape at the free edge and corners at the free edge are digging into the skin, causing the pain. Any ideas why this is happening?

Jackie

Just a thought and don t know if this why but have removed most of the product/bulk before wrapping with remover ? X

Hi Geeg, if I put big glitters on the tips and want to use gel to seal it, should I use sculpting gel and smooth gel ?

I tried the sculpting gel, since I need thicker layer to cover the glitters, this time the gel does not look so clear ...
Any idea? Thanks

Hi Geeg, if I put big glitters on the tips and want to use gel to seal it, should I use sculpting gel and smooth gel ?

I tried the sculpting gel, since I need thicker layer to cover the glitters, this time the gel does not look so clear ...
Any idea? Thanks

I think I would use the sculpting gel for the whole process.
BL Base coat
Thin layer of Sculpting gel
Glitters
Thicker layer of sculpting gel
BL top coat

Perhaps you have trapped air around the glitters making them look less clear.
Just a suggestion .. I haven't tried it.

There is another thread for all your BRISA LITE nail art questions .. It's being looked after by 2 of the best CND EA artists ... You'd be better to post this there for an expert answer. :hug:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...a-lite-removable-sculpting-gels-answered.html

Just a thought and don t know if this why but have removed most of the product/bulk before wrapping with remover ? X

That is what you should be doing.

Aargh just did a silly thing, client wanted to try smoothing gel under her Shellac, so I applied the BL base coat the forgot the gel layer! So she's got BL base coat then shellac straight on top. Is it likely to come off quickly? Feel such a fool. :( have never done anything like that before.

Last edited:
Aargh just did a silly thing, client wanted to try smooth gel under her Shellac, so I applied the BL base coat the forgot the gel layer! So she's got BL base coat then shellac straight on top. Is it likely to come off quickly? Feel such a fool. :( have never done anything like that before.

No it is not likely to come off early.

Phew thanks so much geeg. X

I just thought I'd give you all an update... The client that sent me the lovely text saying my BL Sculpting Enhancements were the best nails she's ever had? Well, she came for Infills today after 3 weeks and 4 days.

They were perfect. No lifting WHATSOEVER. She also admitted that it was the first infill appointment she ever had, mostly her enhancements crack, lift or come off within 2 weeks.

It works! It's fantastic. It's beautiful. I LOVE IT. Thank you CND.

Xxx

Silly question but want to ask before I buy it from s2, can you use the clear sculpting gel to make a tip, or just the white. X

Silly question but want to ask before I buy it from s2, can you use the clear sculpting gel to make a tip, or just the white. X

You can use the clear too :) x

You can use the clear too :) x

I have used the pink to just extend the free edge just a little on one nail to match the others. Because the pink is little opaque the free edge matched perfectly

Hi all

Jackie

I have a feeling that the ge/enhancement was maybe too thick?
Filing the surface a little will help the remover to "flake"/break down the product

Aw... ok :hug:
has other ppl had problems with two thin coats - could i be making the coats too thin?

anybody give any suggestions?
one thin coat instead of two or could it be anything else im doing :confused:

On rebalancing a set of pink and whites in the past I would have used the paint on white to redo the smile line, what do I do for a rebalance with brisa lite ?
Thanks

Did you figure this out? I used the sculpting just in natural pink as an overlay and shellac Studio White for the french tip. When it's time to rebalance....I don't know if I should file/buff off the shellac white and fill with sculpting and re-paint shellac white again? Or if she wants a color but wants to keep the BL Sculpting as an overlay, what is the best way to fill/rebalance or just change the color?

short position feedback: My client with the thyroid disease and the liftings with BL had now the nails since 7 days with no lifting or peeling!
I removed the cuticle with the e-file and buffed the nail a little (very, very carefully). I´m so happy!
Maybe I did not properly removed the cuticle remover at the first time? I don´t know, but now it works!

Grrrr my thumb has peeled/lifted a bit in the corner after a few days :( looking at it, I think I've done the sculpting gel waaaaay too thin. Would this cause it to peel/lift?

Thanks

This is my first ever sculpted gel nail using brisa lite. I'm quite pleased with it but I have a question.

When applying the white I'm aiming to get a kind of ridge at the smileline to bump the pink up against. Is this correct? I find that my free edge then ends up a bit thin. Is this all about my brush angle or am I not using enough gel?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362485875.775020.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362485875.775020.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 412
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362485894.606144.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362485894.606144.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 306
This is my first ever sculpted gel nail using brisa lite. I'm quite pleased with it but I have a question.

When applying the white I'm aiming to get a kind of ridge at the smileline to bump the pink up against. Is this correct? I find that my free edge then ends up a bit thin. Is this all about my brush angle or am I not using enough gel?
Forgot to say its sculpted on a form to add length. X

Hi,

I am reigniting my passion for nails, but have always used jessica GELeration in my salon. Would I be able to use the BL systems alongside my Jessica products or will I have to purchase shellac too if I want to use the BL systems?

Latest posts

Back