All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several ways you can achieve the softer look.

1. Sculpt the nail with clear and pink and then paint Shellac on the tip.

2. Mix your BL White with a little of the pink and maybe even a smidgeon of yellow additive to make the white the softer colour you prefer.

Thanks, Geeg! I knew I could count on you ❤

Cool blue is used to create a buffer that allows you to really press down that white gel and completely smooth, which in turn will eliminate excessive filing.
Jen xx

I have just purchased the sculpting gel and watched the video and came across this.

Is there any other CND product that does the same job as cool blue? The reason I ask is because I don't have cool blue at the moment. Also do you only need to do this with the white?

You don't have to remove this after 2-3 weeks either do you, you can re-balance/infill?

Thank you

Last edited:
I have just purchased the sculpting gel and watched the video and came across this.

Is there any other CND product that does the same job as cool blue? The reason I ask is because I don't have cool blue at the moment. Also do you only need to do this with the white?

You don't have to remove this after 2-3 weeks either do you, you can re-balance/infill?

Thank you

No there isn't another CND product that will do the same job. CoolBlue is chemically compatible ... Use it! :hug. It is only for the white and you don't have to use it at all ... It is an old trick (but very Cool lol)

Yes you can rebalance Brisa Lite Sculpting gel as it is an enhancement product.

No there isn't another CND product that will do the same job. CoolBlue is chemically compatible ... Use it! :hug. It is only for the white and you don't have to use it at all ... It is an old trick (but very Cool lol)

Yes you can rebalance Brisa Lite Sculpting gel as it is an enhancement product.
Thank you Geeg for taking the time to answer my question :)

I can't place an order in time so can i use my pink sculpting gel in place of the clear? i will be colour coating with shellac after. :)

I can't place an order in time so can i use my pink sculpting gel in place of the clear? i will be colour coating with shellac after. :)

Of Course .. why-ever not?

I have a question.....

I have a client that we decided to use Brisa Lite on. She really loves the enhancements and wants make the next step to original Brisa for more permanent, stronger enhancements.

My question is, can I infill and overlay the Brisa Lite using original Brisa? Or do I need to soak off Brisa Lite and start afresh with Brisa?

Thanks in advance x

I read a few pages back about clients preferring studio white to a bright white an that you could sculpt a clear extension and apply shellac in studio white.

Just to clarify. I could sculpt and extend with either a form or tip (which ever suits client best) with the neutral sculpting gel , finish off by filing the top and then apply cream puff/Studio white straight on top then shellac top coat or would you file and finish off apply beau/negilee then studio white/cream puff and shellac top coat?

I read a few pages back about clients preferring studio white to a bright white an that you could sculpt a clear extension and apply shellac in studio white.

Just to clarify. I could sculpt and extend with either a form or tip (which ever suits client best) with the neutral sculpting gel , finish off by filing the top and then apply cream puff/Studio white straight on top then shellac top coat or would you file and finish off apply beau/negilee then studio white/cream puff and shellac top coat?[/QUOTE
If you're using shellac over the top of the enhancement then you would finish with the shellac top coat too.

I have a question.....

I have a client that we decided to use Brisa Lite on. She really loves the enhancements and wants make the next step to original Brisa for more permanent, stronger enhancements.

My question is, can I infill and overlay the Brisa Lite using original Brisa? Or do I need to soak off Brisa Lite and start afresh with Brisa?

Thanks in advance x

There is nothing dangerous about doing what you suggest ..l but I don't see why there would be any need to. Brisa Lite is very strong and resilient .... Why would she want to change before she has really given it a good go? Brisa Lite is as permanent as original Brisa ... It is an enhancement product that requires no buffing of the natural nail and built correctly I think is as strong as Brisa Hard Gel.

Perhaps I've sewn a seed in her mind that original Brisa is even tougher than Brisa Lite...that's my fault :(

I wonder if I am doing the right thing by stocking up on both types when really the soakable version is as good as the original but with the added benefit of being easier to remove? Just booked on to the original Brisa conversion course too....should I switch to Brisa Lite course I wonder?

Perhaps I've sewn a seed in her mind that original Brisa is even tougher than Brisa Lite...that's my fault :( Are the two gels actually the same in terms of strength?

I wonder if I am doing the right thing by stocking up on both types when really the soakable version is as good as the original but with the added benefit of being easier to remove? Just booked on to the original Brisa conversion course too....should I switch to Brisa Lite course I wonder?

I don't know your background with enhancements. If you are not experienced at providing enhancements with CND then I would surely do the Brisa conversion. The two gels are different. One is hard and strong and one is tough and strong. both are strong but Brisa Lite has more flexibility. I'm glad I have both, and the investment is not large as both products share the same synergistic products along side.

Thank you Geeg - I will continue as planned and will probably do the Brisa Lite training after the conversion course anyway. Thank you for your help this evening :)

[/QUOTE
If you're using shellac over the top of the enhancement then you would finish with the shellac top coat too.[/quote]

Basically what I ment to ask was is it okay to do shellac French on top of the enhancement rather than sculpt a French?

[/QUOTE
If you're using shellac over the top of the enhancement then you would finish with the shellac top coat too.

Basically what I ment to ask was is it okay to do shellac French on top of the enhancement rather than sculpt a French?[/QUOTE]
Yes, of course.

I have a question, apologies if this has been asked already.
I had a good look through the thread and couldn't seethe answers I am looking for...

When purchasing the brisa lite smoothing pack, how many applications would you say you would get from this?
It's a 15ml top and base and a 14ml smoothing gel.

This would help me work out what I would like to charge.
Thanks in advance x

I have a question, apologies if this has been asked already.
I had a good look through the thread and couldn't seethe answers I am looking for...

When purchasing the brisa lite smoothing pack, how many applications would you say you would get from this?
It's a 15ml top and base and a 14ml smoothing gel.

This would help me work out what I would like to charge.
Thanks in advance x
The charges have been listed. On its own BL smoothing gel is charged the same as a Shellac service. BL Smoothing gel plus Shellac is charged at 5.00 more.

S2 can tell you the approximate number of services if you ring them.

Glad you confirmed this Geeg :) I wasnt sure, but this is exactly what i charged two clients today. thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back