All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I use BL sculpting clear or pink for an overlay and use shellac Cream Puff for white - should I finish with BL topcoat or shellac top coat?

When using CND Shellac over any Enhancement to create French you should lay down a french pink Shellac Colour first, then White, then Shellac Top Coat.
Only ever apply Brisa Lite Top Coat to Brisa Lite, if you use Shellac or Vinylux on top of Brisa Lite use the Top Coat that goes with the Colour system you chose.

Hello:) i was wondering if i use brisa gloss on brisa lite sculpting gel.. Would i be able to use vinylux on top and be able to remove and reapply without disturbing the brisa lite? Thx :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

i was wondering if i use brisa gloss on brisa lite sculpting gel
One of the main benefits of Brisa Lite is it's removability. Applying Brisa Gloss over Brisa Lite negates that benefit.

The benefits of Brisa Gloss are it's stain resistance, incredible solvent resistance and hard wearing, durable shine. If these are the results you are looking for, why not just use Brisa Gel?

Brisa Lite is more flexible than Brisa Gel, Brisa Gloss could potentially crack when applied to a coating it's not optimised for use with.

Would i be able to use vinylux on top and be able to remove and reapply without disturbing the brisa lite?
If the client intends to change her Vinylux regularly you need to make sure she has a good quality acetone based polish remover and give her a little lesson in quick, clean Vinylux removal. There will only be a problem if removal is taking a while and the Brisa lite is exposed to Acetone for long periods of time. A quick, firm, clean removal technique will limit the exposure.

One of the main benefits of Brisa Lite is it's removability. Applying Brisa Gloss over Brisa Lite negates that benefit.

The benefits of Brisa Gloss are it's stain resistance, incredible solvent resistance and hard wearing, durable shine. If these are the results you are looking for, why not just use Brisa Gel?

Brisa Lite is more flexible than Brisa Gel, Brisa Gloss could potentially crack when applied to a coating it's not optimised for use with.

If the client intends to change her Vinylux regularly you need to make sure she has a good quality acetone based polish remover and give her a little lesson in quick, clean Vinylux removal. There will only be a problem if removal is taking a while and the Brisa lite is exposed to Acetone for long periods of time. A quick, firm, clean removal technique will limit the exposure.

I didnt want to use brisa gel because its not a soak off:( i figured when time to remove brisa lite i could just file the coat of brisa gloss and then wrap to remove as usual?

And when you say it could crack the brisa lite, that wouldn't be too good lol! But if it disnt crack it.. Would my theory work?

Anyhow, how would you do it? She wants nail enhancements but wants to be able to change the color 2-3 times during her 3 weeks..
Thx for your reply and very good answers :)

I didnt want to use brisa gel because its not a soak off:( i figured when time to remove brisa lite i could just file the coat of brisa gloss and then wrap to remove as usual?

And when you say it could crack the brisa lite, that wouldn't be too good lol! But if it disnt crack it.. Would my theory work?

Anyhow, how would you do it? She wants nail enhancements but wants to be able to change the color 2-3 times during her 3 weeks..
Thx for your reply and very good answers :)

You're very welcome, that's what we're here for! Glad the answers have been helpful.

By all means try it, nothing bad will happen other than it not lasting well or just not getting the results either complete system offers. If you mix systems you sacrifice benefits from each, not get the best of both worlds as we often hope will be the case.

I didn't mean the Brisa Lite would crack, I meant the Brisa Gloss could crack, sorry if that wasn't clear. When we apply a hard, tough coating to a softer more flexible surface the two are not likely to work well together. Imaging you had a large pencil eraser and painted it with gloss paint - as soon as you bend the flexible rubber eraser the gloss paint would crack. Brisa Gloss is designed to be applied to tougher, less flexible coatings; Brisa Gel and CND L&P. So it might be fine, but Brisa Gloss is not optimised to perform well as a coating for Brisa Lite.
Your client will be absolutely fine changing her colour even 10 times in her 3 weeks, provided she is using SolarOil every day and you show her how to remove the colour quick and easy - by using acetone based remover and giving the pad a few seconds pressed on the nail surface before wiping it off in one firm, clean motion.

You're very welcome, that's what we're here for! Glad the answers have been helpful.

By all means try it, nothing bad will happen other than it not lasting well or just not getting the results either complete system offers. If you mix systems you sacrifice benefits from each, not get the best of both worlds as we often hope will be the case.

I didn't mean the Brisa Lite would crack, I meant the Brisa Gloss could crack, sorry if that wasn't clear. When we apply a hard, tough coating to a softer more flexible surface the two are not likely to work well together. Imaging you had a large pencil eraser and painted it with gloss paint - as soon as you bend the flexible rubber eraser the gloss paint would crack. Brisa Gloss is designed to be applied to tougher, less flexible coatings; Brisa Gel and CND L&P. So it might be fine, but Brisa Gloss is not optimised to perform well as a coating for Brisa Lite.
Your client will be absolutely fine changing her colour even 10 times in her 3 weeks, provided she is using SolarOil every day and you show her how to remove the colour quick and easy - by using acetone based remover and giving the pad a few seconds pressed on the nail surface before wiping it off in one firm, clean motion.

So basicly changing nail polish a few times using correct removal technique would not disturb the brisa lite top coat? Thats good news :) thanks again for a good and thorough answer, couldn't be more pleased with it. Thanks alot :)

I have a question. I recently bought the sculpting gel and already had the smoothing gel. When looking at my containers I noticed my smoothing gel has removable sculpting gel on it. I bought it in the kit, came with the square brush etc so I am certain I bought the smoothing. When I went onto S2 now and had a look at the picture, the label def. says smoothing gel on it. I am not sure if I have been given the wrong thing or if my label is incorrect or that is just how the label comes. Confused. Im pretty sure its smoothing as well it smooths and comes off no probs in 15min. Think it just might be a label error.

I have a question. I recently bought the sculpting gel and already had the smoothing gel. When looking at my containers I noticed my smoothing gel has removable sculpting gel on it. I bought it in the kit, came with the square brush etc so I am certain I bought the smoothing. When I went onto S2 now and had a look at the picture, the label def. says smoothing gel on it. I am not sure if I have been given the wrong thing or if my label is incorrect or that is just how the label comes. Confused. Im pretty sure its smoothing as well it smooths and comes off no probs in 15min. Think it just might be a label error.
I think I heard there was a label error that has now been corrected. I would make a mark on it though to make sure when it is not in your kit, it won't get mixed up. S2 will change it for you if you want, but it is the smoothing gel.

One more question. I have not done my training as yet on the sculpting gel. I have just been practising on myself in the mean time. I have noticed that I am getting lifting at my cuticle and side wall area. What could that be from?I know its something Im doing wrong. I just dont know what.

One more question. I have not done my training as yet on the sculpting gel. I have just been practising on myself in the mean time. I have noticed that I am getting lifting at my cuticle and side wall area. What could that be from?I know its something Im doing wrong. I just dont know what.

I could guarantee that the gel is touching the skin in those areas. Be careful to leave a small free margin when you apply.

I had this too, in my sculpting gel pack, the pot is labelled white as is the lid.

So i ended up trying the brisa gloss over my brisa lite in attempt to create a non acetone removable base ( that i could just file off later befire brisa lite removal) so that my clients couls change their vinylux at home as they wish but this is what happened lol

IMG_20130704_213000-1.jpg

It looks like it created " bubbles" that expend and where the circles are there is no brisa gloss.. Its so weird! Guess this theory wont work too well lol

A question regarding infilling/rebalance... Once I have refined and preped the nail ready for product would I use the brisa lite base over the whole extension or just the refill area?

BL base should be applied over regrowth area and enhancement :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

BL base should be applied over regrowth area and enhancement :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for clarifying :) You can probably tell by that question I'm an L&P girl lol, I haven't used gel for many many years as an enhancement product, I'm not doing the Brisa Lite training till Sept but I have the kit and am having a play with it on my own nails. Cant wait to do the training, the product so far is staying on really well with no lifting but I really need practice sculpting with it, I'm struggling to build a good apex and getting a nice smooth finish at the smile line area.

Working with L&P for so long has trained my brain in a certain way.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying :) You can probably tell by that question I'm an L&P girl lol, I haven't used gel for many many years as an enhancement product, I'm not doing the Brisa Lite training till Sept but I have the kit and am having a play with it on my own nails. Cant wait to do the training, the product so far is staying on really well with no lifting but I really need practice sculpting with it, I'm struggling to build a good apex and getting a nice smooth finish at the smile line area.

Working with L&P for so long has trained my brain in a certain way.

How are you doing your smile line and how do you place your product to make the apex?

I'm applying my smile line using the string technique, then adding more white, smoothing with clear blue, curing.

I then place my sculpting pink bead in zone 2 butting it up to the white and work it lightly down to zone 3, It's butting the product into the white that I'm coming across problems, I end up with a ridge because I don't want a gap and I think I end up playing with the product to much try to get this bit right and in turn mess up my apex :rolleyes:

I can of course level the ridge when I come to file, but I would rather get it right and save filing time.

Stop applying your apex in zone 2 and try this way; apply your 2nd bead in a 'log' down the centre of the nail, from the eponychium to your smile line.

Then use the 'log' as your reservoir of product; steal a small amount, starting from the eponychium, and work it little by little down one side and then the other leaving the bulk in the middle; this creates what you need to have, a backbone down the centre of both zone 2 and zone 3. Creates both strength and beauty at the same time.

Deal with the 'join' between your smile and the rest of the nail at the very end.

Last edited:
Stop applying your apex in zone 2 and apply your 2nd bead in a 'log' down the centre of the nail, from the eponychium to your smile line.

Then use the 'log' as your reservoir of product; steal a small amount, starting from the eponychium, and work it little by little down one side and then the other leaving the bulk in the middle; this creates what you need to have, a backbone down the centre of both zone 2 and zone 3. Creates both strength and beauty at the same time.

Ahh thank you, I will try this, I have heard of the log technique but never seen it, so I would keep my brush in contact with the gel and use a sort of light pressing motion to move the product down the centre of the nail from eponychium to smile line to create the log? And would I angle my brush or use it flat?

Sorry for the basic questions, I really do feel like I'm starting from scratch with this product, but I know when I get the hang of it I will love it.

I've just grabbed your book Gigi and am going to read up on my brush control when using gels while watching the Wimbledon :hug:

Latest posts

Back