All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and my supplier here in the states no longer has traditional brisa gel, and has told me it is discontinued.

I think you will find that this is not true ...your supplier may have stopped stocking Brisa hard gel but CND have not.

Not sure I am doing this correctly as I am more of a reader than poster...I have read through the posts and cant seem to find what I'm looking for. I wondered if you could change up the 'white' sculpting by mixing in additives? I have read that you can change the pink but not sure about white. If so, any advice from you ladies?

Many thanks, would be lost without this forum! xx

Not sure I am doing this correctly as I am more of a reader than poster...I have read through the posts and cant seem to find what I'm looking for. I wondered if you could change up the 'white' sculpting by mixing in additives? I have read that you can change the pink but not sure about white. If so, any advice from you ladies?

Many thanks, would be lost without this forum! xx

Yes you can! If you want to soften the white just mix with a little clear Brisa lite Sculpting gel, but if you want to add colour and sparkle go for it with CND Additives. Remember you only need a teeny tiny bit of additive and don't go over the 70% Gel to 30% Additive rule.

A little Green Gold Sparkle looks awesome with the White sculpting Gel.

Last edited:
Yes you can! If you want to soften the white just mix with a little clear Brisa lite Sculpting gel, but if you want to add colour and sparkle go for it with CND Additives. Remember you only need a teeny tiny bit of additive and don't go over the 70% Gel to 30% Additive rule.

A little Green Gold Sparkle looks awesome with the White sculpting Gel.

YAY!!! Thank you so much for the quick reply - have some training later in the year but wanted to have a play around with them xx

Hello, i have just started trying brisa lite sculpting gel and it looks beautiful. After 2 days i have noticed under the layer of gel a "bubble" forming at the side wall on 2 fingers.. Trying to figure out what i did wrong? Thank you:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Hello, i have just started trying brisa lite sculpting gel and it looks beautiful. After 2 days i have noticed under the layer of gel a "bubble" forming at the side wall on 2 fingers.. Trying to figure out what i did wrong? Thank you:)

It sounds as if you have touched the skin with the product, or used too much and it has 'run' onto the skin.

is it possible to use BLtopcoat ontop of CND L&P?

Thanks

It sounds as if you have touched the skin with the product, or used too much and it has 'run' onto the skin.

Okay thx.. Ill be careful and watch the sides closely :)

Just had to share how delighted I am with Brisa Lite smoothing gel, my daughter has been a nail biter all her life and I have tried every system Ive ever used on her, L&P, various types of gel, shellac, gelish, opi gel colour and none lasted more than 7 -10 days on her, now I know as a nail biter she was probably "helping" most products off, but since using brisa lite smoothing gel on her since it was launched earlier this year, the results have been amazing, she can easily get 3 weeks from it and her nails have grown so long and strong, we are both delighted with the results :D! Thanks CND for another amazing product!

Attachments

• shona before & after brisa lite.jpg
    shona before & after brisa lite.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 234
hello, how would you clean the brisa lite brush please? 99% alcohol?

is it possible to use BLtopcoat ontop of CND L&P?

Thanks

Sure it's possible, but it won't give your L&P any more protection than just refining your L&P properly by buffing.

Im sorry this has probably been asked but i had a look through the post & searched but couldn't find my answer....i have a client who prefers bio to shellac, i have tried the smoothing gel but it chipped after two weeks!!!obviously! Anyway i was thinking about putting a coating of the sculpting gel under her shellac to strengthen it as i hate bios compared to shellac & want to convert her!?

Im sorry this has probably been asked but i had a look through the post & searched but couldn't find my answer....i have a client who prefers bio to shellac, i have tried the smoothing gel but it chipped after two weeks!!!obviously! Anyway i was thinking about putting a coating of the sculpting gel under her shellac to strengthen it as i hate bios compared to shellac & want to convert her!?

You could do that. It is a more permanent option and takes longer to remove but you can do it.

Thanks geeg! So would applying it like the smoothing gel work? Working with hard gel in the past if it goes on thin it cracks! Or would i have to build it up or maybe do two thin coats maybe?

Thanks geeg! So would applying it like the smoothing gel work? Working with hard gel in the past if it goes on thin it cracks! Or would i have to build it up or maybe do two thin coats maybe?

You would need to build as it is a builder gel. That does not mean it needs to be thick but you would not paint it on.

Smoothing gel is stronger than you may think and that, you paint on.

Last edited:
Hi Geeg I have done a few sets sculpting with brisa lite and think they are fab for me very impressed. However I can't seem to get the little ledge at the smile line, I have watched videos and can't see where I am going wrong. I tried to book onto the training but there is non in my area or anywhere near at the moment. I am getting a fab smile line but it just isn't a little ledge x

The ledge can be achieved by angling your brush downwards at a 45 degree angle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

During a Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel Rebalance apply Brisa Lite Base Coat to the entire nail.
In terms of adhesion, the layer of gel you apply will adhere to the gel already on the nail without Base Coat, but applying Brisa Lite Base Coat all over will give a smoother, more even application. The Base Coat is necessary for adhesion to the natural nail.

It wont create a problem to have that kind of layering? Base, sculpting gel, base, sculpting gel? Or am i not understanding it properly? Thx :)

It wont create a problem to have that kind of layering? Base, sculpting gel, base, sculpting gel? Or am i not understanding it properly? Thx :)

I see your thinking, I thought the same! But absolutely not, it will not cause a problem. This is official CND protocol.

The alternative would be to apply Brisa Lite Base Coat just to the natural nail during the Rebalance, which would be unnecessarily fiddly and time consuming when we know the thin layer of Base Coat cured for 10 seconds in the CND lamp will not affect adhesion between the existing, filed down Sculpting Gel and the new Sculpting Gel being applied. Both ways have been extensively tested.

If I use BL sculpting clear or pink for an overlay and use shellac Cream Puff for white - should I finish with BL topcoat or shellac top coat?

Latest posts

Back