All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And she wanted an gel overlay which i did with BrisaLite sculpting gel and then she had cnd shimmer additives ontop.

She has phoned today to say her nails are lifting.

Her nails were very weak and thin when i had removed her nails.

What could of been the cause of the lifting?

I had done all the PEP
removed her cuticles with cuticles away, washed with water.
no tip was applied in this case so then used scrubfresh and then applied the base coat cured 10 seconds, applied sculpting gel cured for 120 seconds and then topcoat cured for 120 seconds then used the additive on the tacky layer then applied topcoat again.

She has booked herself in tomorrow for a repair

and i dont want this to happen again :(

Please advise me.

Thanks

This has happened to me too. My client has very dry, dehydrated ridged nails. I have used BLSmG but it still doesn't last two weeks. Have just used BLScG as after reading through I thought this would be the way to go for her,as she also has a vertical split in her index finger. . I completed all the pep etc & applied , cured then applied her fab Shellac colour. All fine. Just got a message from her saying that the nails only lasted 3 days this time. I cannot get my head around it! I'm booked on my build it class but its not till July. I will not be using the Sculpting again until I have been trained. Just feeling crap! So ButterflyGal, I understand your frustration 😔

If nails are really weak and thin then they won't support anything as well as a healthy nail. Sometimes it is a case of 'try and try again' until some new stronger nail starts to grow out to support the product more strongly.

For BL or any sculpting gel to last well on a real weak and damaged nail you have to build a good 'spine' into the centre structure of the nail to restrict the natural nail movement underneath the product.

You must properly sculpt with the sculpting gel ... You won't get results by just painting a thick coat on the top of the nail, plus it would cause pain to the client. You must build up the structure slowly with at least 2 and sometimes a third coat of the gel when a client has noticeably thin, damaged or weak nails.

Last edited:
Geeg, thank you. Will leave Sculpting till I'm trained. She is due in next week & will go back to basics.

I often apply in two beads when sculpting but I only freeze cure the first bead then add the second. Much easier and a better result in the end in my opinion. Depends on the length of the free edge.

First bead to create the length and form, second bead to create the smile line and cover the whole of zone one. Much easier, particularly for beginners, not to have to think about the whole structure and the perfect smile line all in one go.

An experienced nail technician will perhaps apply in one ... No right or wrong ... Results are what counts and how you achieve them is up to you. Using 2 beads makes it much easier for the less experienced, we have found when teaching.

When you sculpt this way do you put your first bead on the natural nail at all or just on the form and 'butt' it up to the free edge to create the length? Then use the second bead to create smile line?

When you sculpt this way do you put your first bead on the natural nail at all or just on the form and 'butt' it up to the free edge to create the length? Then use the second bead to create smile line?

I only extend onto the form with the first bead, until I have the length and form I want on a short nail. Then I go on to create the smile line and the thickness I want with the second bead.

If overlaying and extending a naturally long nail, I just go for the whole thing in one large bead.

I only extend onto the form with the first bead, until I have the length and form I want on a short nail. Then I go on to create the smile line and the thickness I want with the second bead.

If overlaying and extending a naturally long nail, I just go for the whole thing in one large bead.

Thanks Geeg, so the1st bead application doesn't need to be too thick?
Also if you had a client with decent length nails but they wanted them longer, do you shorten the nails to make applying the form easier? I'm sure i read that on a tutorial. I haven't been taking much length of my clients nails and wondering if that's why I'm struggling with the forms.

Thanks Geeg, so the1st bead application doesn't need to be too thick?
Also if you had a client with decent length nails but they wanted them longer, do you shorten the nails to make applying the form easier? I'm sure i read that on a tutorial. I haven't been taking much length of my clients nails and wondering if that's why I'm struggling with the forms.

It is easy to see if the form is fitting by looking down the barrel of the nail once you have applied it. If the natural nail is undulating and you see gaps between it and the form you can shorten the free edge to make the C-curve more regular.
More importantly, you can also trim the hole in the form to match the shape of the eponychium and make the form fit much better. Just place the form on top of the nail, along the eponychium line, first to see where to adjust it, then try re-applying it and just see the difference. Doing this is crucial for perfect fit. Many technicians have never been taught this most important trick.

The first bead does not need to be thicker than the nail itself.

Brilliant than u Geeg! I have another practice model in tonight so will try all your tips!x

It is easy to see if the form is fitting by looking down the barrel of the nail once you have applied it. If the natural nail is undulating and you see gaps between it and the form you can shorten the free edge to make the C-curve more regular.
More importantly, you can also trim the hole in the form to match the shape of the eponychium and make the form fit much better. Just place the form on top of the nail, along the eponychium line, first to see where to adjust it, then try re-applying it and just see the difference. Doing this is crucial for perfect fit. Many technicians have never been taught this most important trick.

The first bead does not need to be thicker than the nail itself.

Geeg sorry to be blonde, when you say along the eponychium line, do you place the form back to front over the finger (so base of form is sitting on the finger) then follow the shape of the eponychium, and cut that into the form? I'm sorry if that makes no sense, have never heard of this technique before! Xx

Well the forms were a bit easier and better fitting last night!
Still having issues with making the pink and white flush at the smile line, seem to always end up with a dip along the smile line, then I try and file the pink and white flush then the natural nail appears through the white tip! Lots more practice required I think!
But glad the forms are fitting better so thanks for advice x

If you are qualified in another gel then you will be able of course to buy Brisa Lite ... BUT ... As always you, along with everyone else will benefit by training with Brisa Lite too ... It IS different .. It will help you to use Brisa lite better if you learn about the products, the 'tricks' that go along with great application and knowing chemically HOW the product works will help you to trouble shoot any potential problems you may have if you don't understand those things.

We always recommend training and you know it makes sense to do it. However, if you are trained in gel, we of course respect that and there will not be a barrier to purchasing Brisa Lite for trained individuals ... But I do strongly recommend a class to aid in your success with the products.
Hi, does this mean you need gel enhancement training/qualification to use BL smoothing gel? I have no enhancement qualification, but am booked onto BL build it in July and have attended shellac training.

Hi Geeg I have done a few sets sculpting with brisa lite and think they are fab for me very impressed. However I can't seem to get the little ledge at the smile line, I have watched videos and can't see where I am going wrong. I tried to book onto the training but there is non in my area or anywhere near at the moment. I am getting a fab smile line but it just isn't a little ledge x

Does anyone mix glitter into smoothing or sculpting gel? Is the ratio stil no more than 30%? Can I just store the mix in a separate pot? Thanks x

Does anyone mix glitter into smoothing or sculpting gel? Is the ratio stil no more than 30%? Can I just store the mix in a separate pot? Thanks x

Yes, both can be mixed into sculpting gel but no more than 30% as more will compromise the durability of the enhancement. I store all my custom mixed gels in opaque pots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I mixed Spectrum Shimmer Additive into Smoothing gel using the guidelines posted on this thread and it was beautiful. I think I have a pic in my album. I also mixed Silver holo glitter in with Smoothing gel for a base for my Swarovski toes.

Hi :)
Do you have to use primer with Brisa lite or just the base coat that comes with the kit?
Just confused, thank you
xxx

Hi :)
Do you have to use primer with Brisa lite or just the base coat that comes with the kit?
Just confused, thank you
xxx

No need for primer. Perform CND P.E.P and go directly to Brisa Lite Base Coat.
Check out one of the earlier pages in this thread for a step by step video.
Or better still, call Sweet Squared to find a class in your area.
Enjoy! :)

No need for primer. Perform CND P.E.P and go directly to Brisa Lite Base Coat.
Check out one of the earlier pages in this thread for a step by step video.
Or better still, call Sweet Squared to find a class in your area.
Enjoy! :)

thank you
reason I ask is because they keep peeling off after 4 days with sculpting gel and a few ppl I've tried .I'm going on a training course in a couple of months with Liza S.
xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I to am having issues with Brisa Lite sculpting gel. I am having lifting , in that the whole enhancement just comes off. I have no such issues with any if my shellac clients , or on clients I have used either traditional Brisa or YoungNails synergy gels. None. I do very careful P.E.P. interestingly , I have worn BL enhancements for months now , in myself and one other client with absolutely no lifting.

Oh, and my supplier here in the states no longer has traditional brisa gel, and has told me it is discontinued.

Latest posts

Back