All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I trained today
1 apply form
2 apply base coat only up to free edge
3 apply a thin layer of clear gel up to free edge
4 apply white tip butting up to free edge and flash cure
5 Go to next nail repeat
6 cure all nails
7 apply second layer of white this time using string technique to perfect smile line flash cure
8 repeat to rest of nails then cure
9 use sausage method to apply pink flash cure
10 repeat all nails
11 remove forms, shape, perfect and top coat.
Phew i think that's it ! I just need to practice now !

Hey, sorry if these were already asked but I have been looking at this thread for ages & havent seen it yet, but still lots of useful tips!

When you apply shellac on your brisa lite smoothing gel is there any way of doing a colour change without removing the brisa lite? For a french paint for example that doesnt last as long (or in my case, is turning brown!)

Also, I have a breakage in my thumb nail really far down that was starting when I put the brisa lite on, its way too far down to cut, and it has come through the smoothing gel & shellac & getting caught in things, have I put it on too thin? Would really appreciate your help :)

I am no expert in Brisa lite but this would be my advice... If you like to change your colours often try using vinylux over brisa lite smoothing gel. And as for a nail repair that cracked through the smoothing gel, try the sculpting gel. Hth xx

Hey, sorry if these were already asked but I have been looking at this thread for ages & havent seen it yet, but still lots of useful tips!

When you apply shellac on your brisa lite smoothing gel is there any way of doing a colour change without removing the brisa lite? For a french paint for example that doesnt last as long (or in my case, is turning brown!)

Also, I have a breakage in my thumb nail really far down that was starting when I put the brisa lite on, its way too far down to cut, and it has come through the smoothing gel & shellac & getting caught in things, have I put it on too thin? Would really appreciate your help :)
For your repair all you need is to place a piece of silk or fibreglass over the split when you have base coated , the carry on and it will hold your split and keep it from catching and splitting again.

I tend to use VINYLUX over my BL smoothing gel rather than Shellac but if you did use Shellac then I'd gently buff the colour off and then change it. But if someone wants frequent changes then use VINYLUX.

Last edited:
For your repair all you need is to place a piece of silk or fibreglass over the split when you have base coated , the carry on and it will hold your split and keep it from catching and splitting again.

I tend to use VINYLUX over my BL smoothing gel rather than Shellac but if you did use Shellac then I'd gently buff the colour off and then change it. But if some one wants frequent changes the use VINYLUX.

Thanks Geeg for taking the time to answer, will use some of my lovely vinylux colours I got at the show today :)

Thanks Geeg for taking the time to answer, will use some of my lovely vinylux colours I got at the show today :)

The Pleasure is mine. VINYLUX is the best thing that's happened since Shellac. I myself tend to wear clear BLSmoothing gel now and VINYLUX because I adore the colour 'Married to the Mauve' and it is not part of the Shellac range yet. Once you have used that combination, it lasts just like Shellac on me and is the same in strength.

The Pleasure is mine. VINYLUX is the best thing that's happened since Shellac. I myself tend to wear clear BLSmoothing gel now and VINYLUX because I adore the colour 'Married to the Mauve' and it is not part of the Shellac range yet. Once you have used that combination, it lasts just like Shellac on me and is the same in strength.

I love how you say that it isnt part of the range "yet" i am DYING for a shellac married to mauve !!:) one of the best color cnd ever came up with i love it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Really sorry if this has been asked before but can't bare to read all the pages on this thread.
I'm having real problems with sculpting gel. Every client I've used it on come back with loads of pocket lifting. I do everything by the book and have tried putting a thin layer on first and also just building the nail straight away. Help? I file most of the nail away before re applying as it's that bad!

I tend to use VINYLUX over my BL smoothing gel rather than Shellac but if you did use Shellac then I'd gently buff the colour off and then change it. But if someone wants frequent changes then use VINYLUX.

Geeg can I ask which / where you get your fiberglass/silk? I've never used it but think It would work well for myself as my nails split often :( I'm on with using the smoothing gel and shellac as the shellac only really helps them grow :) x

Really sorry if this has been asked before but can't bare to read all the pages on this thread.
I'm having real problems with sculpting gel. Every client I've used it on come back with loads of pocket lifting. I do everything by the book and have tried putting a thin layer on first and also just building the nail straight away. Help? I file most of the nail away before re applying as it's that bad!

I'm having this problem as well. On myself and clients. I go for the training at The Fingertip Centre tomorrow. Hopefully I can get us some answers.

I'm having this problem as well. On myself and clients. I go for the training at The Fingertip Centre tomorrow. Hopefully I can get us some answers.

You will ... Lol. It's all about structure.

Please will someone help me. I have now officially been CND trained with Brisa Lite and I keep having the same problem over again. It seems I can get it working beautiful has an overlay but as soon as I sculpt or tip with it the entire nail pops off. It's happened with so many of my clients. Pop whole nail. I had a lady come in today beautiful nails just wanted some length and within a few hrs. Pop ALL her nails came off. Why why why. Now I have sculpted some onto myself and no problems. In fact awesome. What am I doing wrong. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381429474.805780.jpg

Is there a sample kit I can buy to test out brisa lite sculpting before I commit to buying or training?

Please will someone help me. I have now officially been CND trained with Brisa Lite and I keep having the same problem over again. It seems I can get it working beautiful has an overlay but as soon as I sculpt or tip with it the entire nail pops off. It's happened with so many of my clients. Pop whole nail. I had a lady come in today beautiful nails just wanted some length and within a few hrs. Pop ALL her nails came off. Why why why. Now I have sculpted some onto myself and no problems. In fact awesome. What am I doing wrong. View attachment 45013

Is it something to do with your tip application? Bad fitting tip not secure? Dust not removed? Forgotten base coat?

I applied Brisa lite smoothing removable gel 2 weeks ago on a client with shellac wildfire over it.

However, getting it off was a bit of an ordeal! Took over an hour and a half to remove with the wraps! Had to keep re wrapping & it just felt like the gel wasn't lifting no matter what!
Did I do something wrong on application or has anyone else had this problem?

I applied Brisa lite smoothing removable gel 2 weeks ago on a client with shellac wildfire over it.

However, getting it off was a bit of an ordeal! Took over an hour and a half to remove with the wraps! Had to keep re wrapping & it just felt like the gel wasn't lifting no matter what!
Did I do something wrong on application or has anyone else had this problem?

Hi you have to file off 50% of the gel then use cotton and foil to soak off. The acetone evaporates to quickly in the wraps.

Is it something to do with your tip application? Bad fitting tip not secure? Dust not removed? Forgotten base coat?

Hi I sculpted these nails. I really concentrated hard on my PEP. I'm quite fussy about it actually. Base coat was on. I'm so lost.

Hi you have to file off 50% of the gel then use cotton and foil to soak off. The acetone evaporates to quickly in the wraps.

Oh really? So just file the shellac off and then soak the gel off so Im not filing the natural nail?

Please will someone help me. I have now officially been CND trained with Brisa Lite and I keep having the same problem over again. It seems I can get it working beautiful has an overlay but as soon as I sculpt or tip with it the entire nail pops off. It's happened with so many of my clients. Pop whole nail. I had a lady come in today beautiful nails just wanted some length and within a few hrs. Pop ALL her nails came off. Why why why. Now I have sculpted some onto myself and no problems. In fact awesome. What am I doing wrong. View attachment 45013

I have a client to who it happened to.. Just one client .. But im giving it another go on monday as i "think" i forgot to scrubfresh ( my clients dont pay much as i am new and practicing ) im trying her again monday ill let u know if they popped off again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I also have a problem with the nails literally "popping off" the clients nails! And sometimes even mine do that!

I dd the course and am mega careful with application but clearly I still must be doing something wrong :(

I'm losing a bit of faith and whenever I do the set and I'm really worried how it will last :(

And also do you get lots of lifting when your customers come for 2weeks infills? Or is it just me?

:( xxx

Latest posts

Back