All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh really? So just file the shellac off and then soak the gel off so Im not filing the natural nail?

Only with sculpting gel, I think you said it was smoothing gel you had problems removing? I don't need to file these first, maybe base coat too thick? Did you have enough remover in your wraps? X

Only with sculpting gel, I think you said it was smoothing gel you had problems removing? I don't need to file these first, maybe base coat too thick? Did you have enough remover in your wraps? X

Yeah it is smoothing gel, I soaked the pads in acetone, just got onto the course on Tuesday so all will be sorted then im sure :)

I'm really trying to get some help here. A few of us are having this problem with the Brisa sculpting gel popping off whole on the nail. We really would like some help from anyone and they it's kinda being ignored. Some help any help anyone please. I have had the training watched the DVD a million times. It works on some clients and myself but most of the time it pops off everyone. I am starting to lose faith in this product. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381570655.056476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really trying to get some help here. A few of us are having this problem with the Brisa sculpting gel popping off whole on the nail. We really would like some help from anyone and they it's kinda being ignored. Some help any help anyone please. I have had the training watched the DVD a million times. It works on some clients and myself but most of the time it pops off everyone. I am starting to lose faith in this product. View attachment 45136

Does it pop off only if its sculpted? Or with tips too? Could it be due to adhesion? Are you applying the BL basecoat thinly before the sculpting gel? Sorry I'm not much help. I didn't get on with the sculpting gel as didn't like the thick marmite consistency. Really hope someone knowledgeable comes along soon to help you x

With me is both sculpting & tips :(

Although I mainly sculpt as I detest tips with passion :D

Does it pop off only if its sculpted? Or with tips too? Could it be due to adhesion? Are you applying the BL basecoat thinly before the sculpting gel? Sorry I'm not much help. I didn't get on with the sculpting gel as didn't like the thick marmite consistency. Really hope someone knowledgeable comes along soon to help you x

I had it tipped for the girl who it popped off :(

What gel did you end up working with instead of this one since you didnt like consistency?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

this happened to me with my friend that I sculpted pink and white on to her, they literally popped off ! yet on myself they lasted no problems

do you have to really work the first layer of gel into the nail like you do with other gels ? I have done the training course however we didn't work the gel into the nail as I have seen on videos for other products?

sorry if thats a stupid question, I'm completely new to gel and Brisa Lite is the first gel I have used.

A tip has been recommended to me (thank you, you know who you are ;) ) that dry brushing the base coat after curing works. I don't care if it's not part of the CND protocol if it works, IT WORKS. Clearly there is a problem here and we need to get it sorted. Bet I get some attention now! I'm going to try it and will post back when I have. I think I am going to try removing the shine from the nail as well.

A tip has been recommended to me (thank you, you know who you are ;) ) that dry brushing the base coat after curing works. I don't care if it's not part of the CND protocol if it works, IT WORKS. Clearly there is a problem here and we need to get it sorted. Bet I get some attention now! I'm going to try it and will post back when I have. I think I am going to try removing the shine from the nail as well.

What do you mean by dry brushing? Of course I will try it :) I think it's worth trying before throwing the towel x

What do you mean by dry brushing? Of course I will try it :) I think it's worth trying before throwing the towel x

Literally having a dry gel brush and brushing over the base coat with it.

Ok! Thank you for clarifying xxxxx

For those of you using brisa lite sculpting gel..

Do you always sculpt or use tips sometimes? How easy is it to do in terms of normal gel nails, do you charge the same as you would for normal gel nails?

I completed my gel extensions course with NSI last year but after about 9 months I had to take gel nails off my pricelist, I found they took so much time, alot of work , alot of products all for not that much money, and I had endless problems with nails coming off which is why I gave them up in the end, no matter what I did nothing changed & they kept breaking. Myself & my mothers lasted 3 months though with 1 breakage overall! So I dont know how it kept happening to everyone else. Any advice on the difference of using notmal gel & brisa lite would be great thanks :)

Literally having a dry gel brush and brushing over the base coat with it.

oh like you do with Gelish, then?

i've tried brisa sculpting as an overlay (my nails were long and thin), just for one week, stayed on fine.
And I chopped down my real nails yesterday :cry::cry: and put a set of sculpted extensions on, fairly long.

I'll have to update how I'm getting on.

I've ordered the Smoothing Kit for my clients, but beginning to wish I'd ordered the Sculpting Kit too for myself. I suffer with chronic lifting no matter which system used or who does it. Over the years (9) I've discovered the only way to minimise lifting on my own nails is to do my PREP the day before I want to apply my enhancements. I suspect any 'wet' (be it Cuticle Away or sparingly applied water to de-activate) on my thin, flexible nails causes swelling of the nail plate which shrinks after enhancement application causing lifting. If Brisa Lite requires dry prep and no shine removal it may be the system for me :idea: Now to find a tech I trust to put them on for me :wink2:

I too ordered the "Brisa Lite Smoothing Kit" from my online supplier as the smoothing gel was not available in Canada at my local salon supply store. They only offered the base, top and sculpting gel (sold separately). It was far more economical to order the kit online and the only difference is the pot of gel. I purchased the sculpting gel separately and locally. I am able to use the top and base from the kit with the sculpting gel purchased separately. You will not be disappointed with the sculpting gel and it's an excellent add-on investment.

I'm really trying to get some help here. A few of us are having this problem with the Brisa sculpting gel popping off whole on the nail. We really would like some help from anyone and they it's kinda being ignored. Some help any help anyone please. I have had the training watched the DVD a million times. It works on some clients and myself but most of the time it pops off everyone. I am starting to lose faith in this product. View attachment 45136

Removing shine will make Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel stick LESS well, it does not utilise mechanical bonding with the natural nail, therefor entangling the product with the nail plate won't change the challenges you have had, it might even exacerbate them.
My concern is that, for example, if you are not removing cuticle completely during P.E.P. you could remove it by 'removing shine' and give yourself a false sense of what solved the problem.
Also, dry brushing will remove some of what attaches the first layer of gel to the base coat, the adhesion of Brisa Light to the natural nail is different to other gel systems, and while dry brushing may be integral to other systems not only will it not help but again it's likely to exacerbate the problem with Brisa Lite. If dry brushing made it last better why would CND not recommend it?

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your troubles are being ignored :(
As one of your nearest CND Ambassadors I'd be delighted to have you down to Edinburgh for some one 2 one. If you can get yourself down (I know it's a bit of a hike) I'll rustle up a model and we can spend a couple of hours going through the problem with a fine tooth comb. I am particularly keen to get to the bottom of this, it's important to me that we find the solution. I personally told you Brisa Lite was amazing and was going to work wonderfully for you, because it works wonderfully for me and the vast majority of professionals who use it... if something is a-miss I see it as my responsibility to assist you in rectifying it, and I definitely don't want you to loose faith in the product when I know the great results you should be having with it!
(I'll pm you about possible one2one dates and I'm happy to do it free of charge.)

I also want to add, for those of you in the UK thinking about training in CND Brisa Lite who are new to nail enhancements, I IMPLORE YOU to do proper CND Nail Enhancement Education right from the start in the form of 'CND Gel' or 'CND Enhance'. Doing a two day gel course with some easily accessible company just to have the qualification on paper then coming for one day CND conversions is not the smart choice. Sure it's cheaper, quicker or closer and can get you insurance, but if you are then going to struggle having problem after problem and feel like quitting altogether then it's not worth it.
Having online contact with other professionals is a great thing but too many of us rely on hints and tips to solve problems when we feel desperate and are clutching at straws - this also delays progress as a lot of confusing, inappropriate information is taken onboard. It's always good to listen to experience and opinion but please beware of absorbing other's bad habits and misinformation.

Hi Fee as always you are generous and helpful. Yes I am losing faith in this product but clearly I am desperate to get to the bottom of the problem we are all having. As you know I am very very pro CND products and only want to use this brand. I'm sure it is something we will get to the bottom of as the Brisa works on me no problems but on some clients...nope. I will definitely take you up on your kind offer of one to one. Hopefully, after, I will be able to help others who are experiencing the same problems as I am and we can see exactly where we are going wrong.

Hi Fee as always you are generous and helpful. Yes I am losing faith in this product but clearly I am desperate to get to the bottom of the problem we are all having. As you know I am very very pro CND products and only want to use this brand. I'm sure it is something we will get to the bottom of as the Brisa works on me no problems but on some clients...nope. I will definitely take you up on your kind offer of one to one. Hopefully, after, I will be able to help others who are experiencing the same problems as I am and we can see exactly where we are going wrong.

Please report back & let us know what the cause is for it adhering to some people & not others. X

I'm into my second week with the brisa lite extensions (had them on 10 days now) and all is good, apart from 2 nails developed a very fine hairline crack just along the free edge, only about 3mm long but it just runs through the underside of the free edge, but it hasn't got any worse. I've also filed coloured gel off them twice now and they are still holding up.

WeeFee is right about starting the right course at the beginning.

I was desperate to learn gel enhancements so found a local trainer, she was lovely but the course itself was so basic i left feeling I was lacking on info, looking back it didn't seam to go into any depth, wasn't told about zones?! etc and if anything it seamed like she was more interested in pushing this new product she has become distributor of.

But hey ho, that was my fault for not having any patience, I'm sure the Brisa lite course I'll be doing soon will help a great deal but i may have to seek out further training and that will cost me more now and I wouldn't have made any saving.

It is important to realise, that the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel is NOT a paint-on gel. That first layer of sculpting gel should be 'worked' well onto the surface before adding the 2nd layer as far as I am concerned. I use it just like I do Brisa hard gel. I have not had lifting problems applying it in that way ... I like to make sure there is a perfect contact from the start.

Latest posts

Back